AN HOUR AGO Currently jammin' to @jacquieleemusic's new EP—have you heard it yet? http://t.co/ERbP5g1INt

12 HOURS AGO Really though, is there any better feeling than a fresh mani?

13 HOURS AGO That friend who never wants to hang < http://t.co/n4hMjie8rv

COMMENTS

10 ways to prep for your period

Keep Aunt Flo from totally ruining your day—or your favorite outfit—with our top tips.

MOD MOD *MOD* !!!!! I shake my head pretty hard when I want to get rid of unwanted thoughts. It feels numb afterwards but I can't stop!! It is like a bad habit. I want to know if it is bad and causes concussions or any major or minor brain damage ????
Also, if I post a question or comment, how do I know if it shows up or somebody replied to it? Haha, sorry, I'm a newbie to the world of Girls Life web-style(:

Hey girl,

Welcome to girlslife.com and glad you joined us! Smile  You can check back on the article where you posted your comment, and we will be working on responding as soon as possible.  In regards to your other questions, you never know how that habit can affect you, so I would just be careful and try to break the habit.  Try to replace that habit by doing something else when you have unwanted thoughts...like shaking your hands..or something totally different like writing in a journal, scribbling, painting, or going for a jog!

Ruth S.

by FlyingChic on 4/9/2011 10:35:01 PM

MOD
I got my period last september and I've gotten it about three times since. The last one ended a month before the middle of spring break and I'm terrified I'm gonna get it during spring break. I'm going to the beach and a bunch of water park and I haven't used tampons yet except those OP ones, but they slip. Do you suggest any brands my periodd is heavy and usually runs a week, but I wan't something skinny and easy to put in. Thanks :]

Hey girlie -- try Tampax Pearl Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by heeeyyyooooo:D on 4/8/2011 8:08:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
In my history class my guy friend who sits next to me always looks thru my backpack.I dont mind it cuz i dont keep anything personal in there.But im gonna start keeping pads in my bag and im afraid he'll take them out and show them to the class and laugh. What can i do to get him to stop?

Hey! just tell him to knock it off, if he doesn't tell someone like a teacher. good luck!
Helen S.

by paramoregurl on 4/8/2011 4:48:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
hey so i have my period right now and i use tampons. but whenever i pull out the tampons it hurts!!! is this normal??

Hey! no, you might be putting them in wrong or something. otherwise maybe you just need to get used to wearing them and it'll get better eventually.
Helen S.

by ambejoyjoy on 4/8/2011 4:28:51 PM

1.think of your crush

2.make a heart with your hands

3.then kiss your hands while still making the heart

4.then put the heart where your real heart is

5.tomorrow your crush will ask you out

6.this will only work if you post this to your favorite article

by Geeva on 4/5/2011 8:37:57 PM

Mod... uhh it says give tampons a try when you're not on your period, thats wrong isn't it??

Hey girl,

Yes, good catch! I'm sure the author probably means either:

- One afternoon when you aren't busy (just a typo), or...

- Take a couple sample tampons out of the wrapper and "practice" holding them properly, pushing the applicator tube, etc. but not actually putting them inside.

But you're right, it could be pretty painful to use a tampon while you aren't on your period. I wouldn't do it!
Lauren C.

by bubblesHB on 4/5/2011 12:57:51 AM

Whenever I get my period,I start to throw up! Do I have a stomach virus or something?

Not at all! That's probably your bod's reaction to cramps. If they're feeling really intense, try using an over-the-counter med like Midol, Pamprin, or normal Tylenol to lessen the pain. Also, remember to hydrate! If you're still getting sick each month after trying these things, try asking your doc just to see if he/she has any professional advice.
Lauren C.

by ZOZO10 on 4/4/2011 11:31:59 PM

You should first try using a tampon when you ARE on your period!It's not very safe to try using one when your not on your period

by kalei896 on 4/4/2011 3:50:53 PM

i really dont thing getting a period is as bad as some girls think it is. i mean they shouldnt fell sad about it they should feel happy that they are growing up from being a girl to a young woman. it means there growing up and can possibly even fell more mature. Laughing

by isyrocks on 4/3/2011 9:52:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
every time i check to see what i did on my pad
i see brownish red is that a infection
and when i wipe i see red like a crayola marker shuld it be that red

The blood turns brown as it dries. So everything you see is completely normal Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.