22 MINUTES AGO This book definitely hits it outta the park! Enter to win a FREE copy of Fast-Pitch Love from @AstraeaPress today: http://t.co/jHVWU9v01z

AN HOUR AGO Srsly, is this No-Shave November or No-Man November? Tell us why you're still single: http://t.co/RLnjoWMtNM

2 HOURS AGO 4 ways to become a pro pet-setter🐶🐱�http://t.co/XB14QGj6r56r5

COMMENTS

Do guys prefer girls in bikinis?

Do guys only like girls in bikinis? My mom won’t let me get one for summer, but I don’t want to blend into the sand! Dave...

Alright so I'm not sure my parents would let me--I'll reason with them--but I need to ask a swim-apparel related question.
So, I need help deciding what kind of swimsuit to get! Here's some facts you'll need: I'm a 34C or 36B cup (either fits), which usually makes it hard to find a tankini that's big enough for my boobs but not insanely loose around the rest of me; I hate suits that have no padding in the bra area; I've always found myself a little chubby in the lower stomach area (though everyone tells me I'm too skinny) so I'm not sure how a bikini would look; I don't want anything too low-cut.
Any ideas on swimsuits that would work for me (bikini or otherwise)? Thanks so much for the help!

Alyssa B.

by pandagirl21 on 5/19/2011 7:25:42 PM

im trying to get that bikini bod (mainly wanna flatten out the stomach though) before summer. any work outs or tips to help? thanks Smile

Alyssa B.

by the band geek on 5/19/2011 7:03:50 PM

I need advice on what to do. There’s this cute guy who’s my neighbor and he’s older than me, around 3-4 years older. I see him at the bus stop almost every day but I don’t have the guts to talk to him. What should I do?
(from my friend!!!!)

Hi Girl,

You can always start with a "Hey, How are you?" and ask how his day was. Try to just make small talk as you are waiting for the bus. Time passes faster when you are talking. It will never hurt to go out of your way to try and make a new friend. Just smile and feel confident in yourself.

danielle D.

danielle D.

by jellybean368 on 5/19/2011 5:16:51 PM

MOD MOD M-O-D! okay so the day before skool gets out, our team (which is like half the 6th graders, they just divide it to make it easier)is going to the pool for a field trip. and i need to buy a new bathing suit because we arent allowed to wear "string bikinis" and so i was wondering if u had advice about wat kind of bathing suit to get. like i want a 2-peice but i just dont know. and i guess i am really self-critical and think im fat so i am kinda uncomfortable with all hese guys i see everyday seeing me in a bathing suit. so yeah plz help!!

Hey girl,

Tankinis are a great option for a two-piece suit that offers plenty of coverage. If you want, you can also wear boy shorts too. Another suggestion is to get a cut-out one piece swim suit as well.

danielle D.

danielle D.

by NOTMOTAB on 5/19/2011 4:55:58 PM

mod mod mod! So this guy asked me to prom. I'm not sure if I want to go with anyone thought. I already saud yes. He wants to spend time with me there but I would also like to hang out with my friends. The thing is my friends dont really like him and I will have to be going between him and my friends. So should I cancel the date, just go anyways, or what should I do? I don't want to say no because I know it takes a lot of guts to ask someone and I dont want to be shallow.

Hey girlie! Unfortunately, you already said yes and it would be kinda harsh to reject him now. Talk to him before prom and make sure he knows that you want to hang out your pals just as much as you wanna hang out with him.

Erin G.

by musicfanalyssa on 5/17/2011 4:17:38 PM

this really helped except i like this guy named cody and we r really good friends we laugh all the tim together and we went out once before but everyone say we r perfect together and i really like him but i am a big tomboy so he says " tenictally your a dude" and i laugh a joke but i want him to think of me as a girl not as a guy plz help me show my girly side plz comment give me some tips

by drama318 on 5/16/2011 11:20:34 PM

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH, MARIE.H!!! U HELPED ME SOOOO MUCH!!! IM GONNA ASK HIM OUT TOMORROW!! BEFORE SUMMER VACA!!! YAAAAY!! SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

You're welcome!! I'm SO glad I could help.  And remember - however it turns out, you should be proud of yourself for having the guts to go for it. Smile

Marie H.

by jellybean368 on 5/16/2011 7:32:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD thankss a bunch!!! I have the courage to do it!! i'll DEF give it a try. do u think this convo will be good??? : Me : What's your fav movie? Him: (Tells me his fav movie.) Me : Cool! Sooo, ru hoping to see any new movies? (I hope so) Him: (Hopefully tells me a movie he wants to see) Me : Wow! I wanna see that one too! Do you wanna maybe go together? Him: YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will it work??? i hope soooo!!!! Laughing

Hey chica!  Yep, that definitely sounds like a good start!  If it gets stuck, you could also talk about a movie you wanna see, and see if he's into it too. Smile

Marie H.

by jellybean368 on 5/16/2011 7:24:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD hey its me again Tong thanks for the advice!!! I'll stop thinking about the "popular" thing problem. anyway, he actually happens to be in my class and sits behind me in most of my classes. so i think that helps Laughing but HOW do i ask him out??? as i said im COMPLEEETLY new to this stuff :/

Hey chica!  Yeah, I know what you mean, it can way confusing (even if you've been through it for a while!).  Sometimes the convo naturally leads to it - like, if you were talking about a certain movie or ice cream place, you could suggest going together.  Otherwise, you just have to make it happen.  Like, if you were walking out of class together, say "Hey, I was wondering if you would want to [insert activity here!] this weekend?  It's can be super nerve-wracking, but sometimes ya just gotta give it a shot! Smile

Marie H.

by jellybean368 on 5/16/2011 6:46:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD hey Smile i need advice on what to do. basically theres this guy i met this year and i reallllly like him!!! the problem is hes 'popular' and im not Frown so i dunno if he would like me or not. btw, i think he might like me because of some signs. what should i do?? AHH oh and also this is my first serious crush ever!!! i've never dated or liked any guy!!! im confused!

I know it can be stressful, but don't freak!  First off, try to take the "popular vs. not" thing out of the equation.  It will only affect you if you let it.  How you approach this sitch all depends on how well you guys have gotten to know each other.  Talk to him between classes, and smile and say "hey" when you see him in the hallway.  If you're ready to take it to the next level, you could suggest studying together after school, or try to exchange numbers with him.  Good luck chica!!

Marie H.