1 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

5 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

5 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

Think you've got an eating disorder? Help is on the way

12 dos and don’ts to get you back to living healthy

Im 11 and I weigh 95...and Im the one who feels fat

by sprinklecookie on 3/20/2013 8:41:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
this is urgent please answer it. I'm anorexic (I knew I was since September but I was too ashamed to tel anyone) and I have reccently started cutting my self. I know it's bad I just can't stop. I always get teased at school and I get bullied. Sometimes I feel worthless and depressed so I cut. And I've been going to this councillor lately to talk about bullying and she saw a cut on my wrist and she asked me if there were any more issues I needed to talk about. I was too nervous to tell her so I said no. I feel really bad for not telling her, but Im too scared to tell anyone! I can't really explain the situation either. Its kind o hard to explain what I'm going through. Sometimes I do eat but then I feel really bad (even if its just like a banana) and I puke it out. Please help what should I do!??

Hey hun. You should always tell your counselor the truth, that's what they're there for! They 100% want to help you and will only steer you in a positive direction. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time and I really hope you and your counselor can discover how to help you best. If your still too nervous to talk to your counselor face to face, try this anomynous counseling hotline 1-800-999-9999 and  Nineline.org

Jenn S.

by Sarah_12 on 11/23/2012 1:44:20 AM

Hey, I really need HELP PLEASE... So lately everytime I eat I feel really bad after.. Like I always think about wanting to make myself throw up.. I never do.. But I constantly think about it after I eat and I feel fat.. I'm 5'6 and I weigh 116ilbs... And also I look at the calories on everything before I eat it... I don't like eating anymore.. I feel so terrible and fat after
I eat something... Even if it's just something small... Is there something wrong with me.? Should I tell someone about it.? I'm scared... :/
P.S. I see a councilor.. Should I tell her.?

Hey girl,

Give yourself a break! You are a perfect size, and it sounds like you are super healthy! You should definitely talk to your counselor or another trusted adult about how you have been feeling so that they can give you pro advice. You should never make yourself throw up, and as long as you are being active and eating mostly healthy foods, you don't have to count your calories! Talk to your counselor as soon as you can and remember that you are so, so beautiful exactly how you are! xo

Meghan D.

by smileywarrior21 on 9/14/2012 6:26:44 PM

I'm muscular but i think im fat because im about 5 feet tall and weigh ((weight hidden by mod)) pounds. Please help im not sure if i should diet because idk if muscles are going to make me weigh more or if im just fat. Please help.

Hey girlie,

Muscles weigh more than fat, so yes you will weigh more if your muscles are toned and defined. Basically, if you're in shape! Instead of looking at the number on the scale, make sure your lifestyle is healthy. Don't diet, but eat well - well-balanced meals full of lean meats, fruits, veggies and grain. Exercise a little every day (and it sounds like you won't have a problem with that!). If you're treating your body well and making sure it's healthy, you don't need to diet or lose weight. It's all about health!

Lauren C.

by puddinface7 on 8/26/2012 11:12:24 AM

I kind of have blumia and anorexic. I either eat alot and try to throw it up or not eat.

Mod mod mod mod

by cupcakerbakeson on 6/13/2012 7:28:30 PM

please help! Lately I've been trying low calorie diets and starving myself. When I cave and eat normally I feel as thought I've just binged and I get mad at myself. I don't know what to do...I don't know what to say to anyone!!

by allamericansassylassy on 3/22/2012 2:24:41 PM

MOD! Please help!
I've been anorexic for a month or two, and I went to get help. I explained the situation to a close teacher at my school, and she talked to the guidance counselor, and they're going to help me. It's just, I don't really know how to explain this to them.
Starving myself isn't a choice anymore, I just do it. It's like the way some people bite their nails -- it's a horrible habit that I can't break. Except worse, because anorexia can kill me. It's just like, I want to stop, but I can't. Is there a point where anorexia stops becoming something you choose to do (as in starve yourself) and becomes something you do naturally?

Hey girlie,

It absolutely can become a sub-conscious habit after a while. Your body has been trained not to eat, so you'll have a hard time breaking out of that habit. But it's possible and LOTS of girls have overcome anorexia with the help of professionals! Just be honest with them and express your feelings the best you can. Whether it's "I want to stop, I don't know why I'm doing this" or "I want to be thin. I know it's bad, but I do," it's really good to get all these thoughts out, whether you think they make sense or not. Your counselors have heard it before because you're not alone - and they'll know what to do to help <3 Trust them!

Lauren C.

by quirrelmort on 11/3/2011 3:36:55 PM

MOD MOD please help. i am 14 and weigh 106-107 pounds. sometimes i weigh 104. and i am 5'6-5'7. i wanted to know if this was the start of an eating disorder. my mom thinks i eat to little and i sometimes skip meals because i dont feel hungy. please help

You need to eat at regular intervals. If youre not hungry and its because of insecurities then that is a eating disorder. If not then im not sure. I would suggest you talk to your school counselor about this. Theyll be able to give you really good advice. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Proverbs31girl on 8/17/2011 9:16:23 PM

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need help cause i feel sick all the time i play volleyball too but i am a cheerleader i feel comfortable in my volleyball uniform but when i put my cheerleading uniform i feel so fat i feel so stupid cause me and some of my friends where trying to lose weight together by running track she lost weight i didnt so if you have any time please wright back!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

by kirdy19 on 7/5/2011 9:02:16 AM

NONE of you girls should feel fat at all (height and weight edited out) You are all beautiful, don't let yourself feel inferior! Lauren C.

by TheScientist on 6/13/2011 8:47:50 PM