AN HOUR AGO Sporty style goes chic! Spy these 9 stylish outfits from @OfficialNFLShop + tell us your fave to win: http://t.co/fHbN6y7YNM #GLfashion

1 HOURS AGO Yay, good idea :) RT @amandacb__: I'm about to get subscribed to @girlslifemag 💛💙💜💚❤️

2 HOURS AGO #BookClub: These fab fall reads are guaranteed to get you psyched for autumn activities (hello, Friday night football games!):...

COMMENTS

Facial hair fix-its

It looks like I have a mustache. Please help!

Mod Mod Mod
I have dark hair on my upper lip and I tried shaving and tweezing, but that didn't work. I looked at reviews on wax and bleach and most of them said they burned their upper lip instead of removing hair. Later, I found this spring hair remover online. Should I try this method or will this also not work.

Hey girlie, look up reviews on the spring hair remover online to see if other people think it's any good. If you get your upper lip waxed do it professionally. It might cause a little temporary irritation, but it should remove the hair.

Lauren T.

by liz55661 on 12/30/2012 8:49:52 PM

I shave my upper lip all the time because at school I see a whole bunch of girls get made of because of that hair. Even my bestie got made fun of by my crush, So Mod please help me. Anyways I shave with someone else razor and its not my moms or used down there, but anyways if I told my mom she would think I'm overacting just over some hair over my upper lip. I dont want to end up like those girls at school so help me out!! Also I'm 12 and my mom only lets me go out by myself when i'm going to school or just errands. It's very aggravating. So please help.

by Prett Tee on 12/26/2011 12:06:33 AM

is it normalto have fur on your face?? cuz i do and it really bugs me.

Hey! the only way to really feel reassured is to talk to your doctor about this question Smile To be honest, that's what we mods just have to tell you guys when you come to us with any health concerns. You may very well be fine, but since we're not doctors and we can't even see you face to face, it's not for us to tell you what's fine and what isn't. You know your body. Trust your instincts and talk to your doc!
Helen S.

by sakura_423 on 8/17/2011 5:49:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD!...........MOD! Smile
I have really dark hair on my forearms and some people (mostly guys) comment on it and say, and i quote, "I've never seen a chick with arms that hairy". It doesn't bother me, but it bothers me when other people notice it. But since its so noticable, won't people notice its gone?? Help Please!!!!!!!

People may not even notice that it's gone--they'll know something's different, but probably won't pin point it

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by Bluejaye221 on 8/9/2011 7:35:28 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I have a formal dance coming up and my mom thinks that I should/could get my eyebrows and upper lip waxed. I would only get them done a but but I'm worried if it will hurt a whole lot because I don't want to be embarassed if it hurts at the salon. Also, I was looking around and it says that if you wax facial hair especially on your upper lip you could get a huge acne breakout. Is this true and is there any way to avoid it if it is? Sorry that this is so long, thanks. <3

Hey chicky, I’m a busy bee facilitating all the G-Blog jazz. Although I’d love to answer and chat with all ya gals, it’s just not possible at the moment. I’m sure our lovely bloggers here would love to help ya out with some great advice! Thanks for understanding. ♥, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Alyssa B.

by Emily241997 on 5/5/2011 9:57:45 PM

OMG! I just got a haircut in january. My hair went down to the bottom of my chest, and now its an inch under my shoulders. It looks choppy, and when I have long hair, i can throw it in a low ponytail on a test or when its a hot day. I want hair down to under my rib cages, because I want it loooong. Youtube had a video where this girl used dandruff shampoo, and said her hair grew two inches a month, or more when the usual is a half inch. One person said it worked. Do you think I should get it? PLEASE ANSWER!

by queenra on 5/5/2011 7:41:34 PM

MOD MOD!!!
So, this summer for the first time I'm wearing a bikini instead of like a tankini or one piece. I feel really stupid asking this, but i have like blonde hairs on my tummy and back...do people get those removed when they wear bikinis? If so, what are some ways to get rid of it? Thanksss!

Hey girl, nope, people don't get them removed and trust me, no one will notice them. We all have 'em.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by memyselfandmusic on 5/5/2011 6:56:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
I have really dark hair on my forearms and ive tried bleaching but it has little to no effect. what should i do? i dont know how to talk to my mom about it
please please please help!!!

hey girlie,

Are you sure bleaching doesn't work?  I knew someone who had really dark hair on her forearms and bleaching worked...maybe you need to try another bleach or leave it on just a little longer.  Be careful though! If it still doesn't work, I would suggest trying to wax the hair...results can last for a few weeks. Don't worry so much about the hair on your arms though...I'm sure people hardly even notice!
Ruth S.

by cookiegal77 on 4/30/2011 9:16:46 PM

Waxing is SO worth it! never shave because it grows out thick and faster than waxing. I prefer waxing than plucking because 1st of all waxing is way faster and 2nd it doesnt hurt as much as plucking does Smile

by SoCal323 on 4/28/2011 9:54:48 PM

****MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD****
so i recently just got surgery on my nose. i had to get a raised mole from the sun removed and tested for cancer. im fine and its not cancer, but now im worried about the scar. i feel so ugly. i had to go to school for 4 days with a bandaid on my nose covering the stitched and today i finally got the stitches out and it looks so bad. the scar/cut is deep and ugly and very noticabl.e my plastic surgeon said it will fade in time, but what if it doesnt. i mean he is a plastic surgeon so isnt it his job to make people look good? im very worried and i just want my cute little button nose to be back to the way it was before this whole thing happened.

Hey Girlie!

I am glad everything turned out okay and you are healthy. Unfortunately, you are going to have to listen to the plastic surgeon and wait for the scar to completely heal. I am sure it will fade away in time. You can always try to cover it up with concealer  or buy scar fading gels. Here is some more helpful advice: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/02/02/getting-rid-of-scars.aspx

danielle D.

danielle D.

by xohollistercalixo on 4/28/2011 1:36:31 PM

OMG! i have the same thing but i use sally hansen hair removal for the upper lip and it works so well! trust me! i used it and i cant see a thing! it stays blonde for up to 2 weeks! trust me u should buy it! i got it at walgreens in the face section!

by jbluver101 on 4/27/2011 8:54:00 PM

Some of us just have more hair in those areas. One of my best friends has to constantly pluck hers. I do see it being a big problem but she hates doing it and always complains about it. Waxing is one of the easiest things to do but it doesnt feel that great.

by luckykel on 4/25/2011 10:06:39 PM

i pluck my hair between my eyebrows, and i dont have any above lip hair

by oceanlover69 on 4/22/2011 7:15:48 PM

Hey ppl! Join my clubs: Book Chatty, where girls can discuss reading problems, interesting books you have read, and books to read.
I also have a club: Animal Luvers, where girls can discuss pets, their favorite animals, and stuff like that!
I am choosing officers June 1st!

by koolkat21 on 4/22/2011 10:31:49 AM

I use to think that sometimes about my upper lip hair but the truth is no one can really see it and if you look closely at other people's upper lip hair they have it too you should not have to worry about it especially if you see every girl has noticable facial hair.

by star53 on 4/22/2011 9:59:17 AM

hey visit my profile. i give great advice on anything too!

by ALR on 4/22/2011 8:39:31 AM

hey visit my profile. i give advice on anything too!

by ALR on 4/22/2011 8:38:30 AM

I use Nair. Thats cuz I'm not allowed to get it bleached and my skin is too sensitive to wax. But it still kinda burns, and I blister the tinniest bit- but it's not too noticeable.

by Irishdancerzrule on 4/21/2011 11:06:38 PM

MODMODMOD i have a problem with running. I know it might sound weird, but every time i run my legs start to hurt a little, and my parents and friends say that i run weird and look funny while doing it. I hate going jogging or running in gym, because people sometimes laugh at me. What should i do? See a doctor?

Hey girl, it might be something worth having a doc look at. It sounds like you might have something going on with your joints.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by sammy4457 on 4/21/2011 9:27:16 PM

I have hair above my upper lip but it is extremely light. It is embarrising but I don't think anyone notices it.

by shooting star 17 on 4/21/2011 9:26:36 PM

For some people~ u might want to consider the smooth away,if youget the right package,they have the smaller ones for tht.It works for me Smile I hope this helped

by singstarsammy on 4/21/2011 8:28:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i have oily skin on my face. and i use an acne treatment and stuff but even before lunch time at school my face will get oily and shiny!! is there any ways i can prevent this from happening??? thanks a million!!

Hey girl!

I would drink plenty of water to keep your skin complexion clear. Make sure you aren't using your acne treatment too much because your skin can overcompensate and produce too much oil. Make sure you are using a product that contains salicyclic acid. You can also talk to your dermatologist or doctor about getting prescription acne treatment.

danielle D.

danielle D.

by athena1006 on 4/21/2011 5:54:03 PM

I have the same problem, I get it waxed.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 4/21/2011 5:48:45 PM

I use bleach and it works for me, since it's less noticeable. I would wax, but I use acne medication that makes my skin sensitive and the wax reacts with it badly. So, I'd say bleach is a great option and it's easy to do at home!

by volleyball514 on 4/21/2011 4:41:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have the same problem and I bleach. It comes back in less than a week and it's a pain to do on a regular basis. Plucking hurts and my mom said I can't wax because it's like shaving and will grow back prickly. Is that true? I also have a slight unibrow.

Hey girl,

I know plucking might hurt, but if you give it time, you will get used it. That will also help with your unibrow too. I wax my upper lip and don't feel like it comes back too prickly. Try compromising with your mom and seeing if she will be okay with you buying an at-home waxing kit. Lastly, make sure you are following the directions properly for the at-home bleach kit.

danielle D. danielle D.

by rstein6785 on 4/21/2011 3:22:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD please help!
OK so I have the same problem except I have a scar on my upper lip from when I got in a really bad accident when I was little, so I can't do waxing and the hair is already pretty light (because I'm a redhead) so I don't want to bleach it. But even though the hair is light it still bugs me and guys make fun of me for it. The skin around my scar is really sensitive so I don't want to pluck either or I might make the scar worse. Is there anything I can do? Thanks!

Bonjour chicky! The only advice I can provide is drinking spearmint tea. It is said to help reduce facial hair on woman, so I would give it a try!

Jessica W.

by lip_gloss12 on 4/21/2011 12:25:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi how r ya?? Laughing i have the same problem except I'm 11 so i can't go 2 a beauty shop (there's no way my mom will take me 2 one)and she won't let me go 2 a drug store either so what can i do????

Bonjour chicky! The only advice I can give for this situation is to ask your mom for a pair of tweezers and start plucking. I personally have a unibrow which I have pluck every week so I know how it is. It's a bit painful at first, but you get used to it over time

Jessica W.