2 HOURS AGO 5 toppings to put your pie game on fleek: http://t.co/yyT2wrIcRQ

14 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

17 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

COMMENTS

Tampon trouble: It still hurts!

I started using tampons a year ago, and when I try to put them in, I still feel pain.

I tried tampons for the first time and it took me at least 30 minutes to put it in and now its uncomfortable/ feels weird to do ANYTHING. it started leaking after only about 30 minutes so i tried to take it out but it wouldnt budge and hurt really bad. My mom will be at work for the rest of the day and so will my dad so im all alone and have no one to help me. HELP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hey girl! Take it out. Just yank it. It might hurt, but you have to take it out at some point. Just sit on the toilet and open your legs as wide as you can, relax, and take it out. Use a pad for the rest of the day and try using a tampon another time. Hope this helps! xx

Hannah M

by lgcoleman on 8/14/2013 1:42:52 PM

MODDDD
Hdy so I'm wearing a tampon and I'm jut wondering if its normal for it to feel like its falling out or going to fall out? Do I just need to get used to it? If you have them in all the way can they even fall out? Pleaseeee help

Hey Girlsjustwannahavefun97, your tampon shouldn't feel like that girl. In fact, you really shouldn't feel anything. If they are completely inserted no they cannot fall out. Try inserting them at an angle to be sure they are really inside. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Girlsjustwannahavefun97 on 4/16/2013 6:38:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Lately i've been having long periods (like 10-15 days long) is this normal? plus when im on my period my cramps and headaches are so bad that i end up sleeping in the whole day. I really want these cramps to go away because im going back to school in a couple of days, and i have gym. Help?

Helen S.

by fantastic8805 on 8/28/2012 6:28:29 PM

Mod mod mod mod!!!!
I've had my period about 5 times before and I started it again today. My bestie is coming over to swim tomorrow and I want to be able to swim. Is it ok to go swimming without a tampon? I'm really scared to put one in and I feel like it wont fit or it will hurt. So can I swim? Or if I cant, how do you insert a tampon for the first time?

Hey girlie,

Unfortunately, we don't recommend swimming without any period protection. It's true that sometimes, when you take a bath or shower, it seems like your period "stops" - but it really doesn't, it just becomes a little less noticeable in the water. But you don't wanna get caught leaking in the pool - eek, talk about embarrassing. So check out this article for details on using tampons. I promise you it's not that bad. It's scary at first because it's unfamiliar and you have to adjust to the feeling of having a tampon "down there" but, after a couple times, it'll get sooo easy! Just remember to take a deep breath, relax your muscles down there, and keep trying. I use them every period instead of pads, and it's so much better Smile

(and if you're having trouble: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/19/Tampon-trouble-It-still-hurts.aspx)
Lauren C.

by sparkle*spinner on 8/16/2012 5:21:41 PM

MOd Mod MOd!
I had an irregular period, once in August and once in January. I used tampons then and I was fine. Those lasted for about two days. Now I got mine in May and its lasted 7 days. Whenever I tried using tampons I have trouble pushing it in and it usually leaks through. What should I do! I have to swim in about an hour.

Hey girlie,

Irregular periods are totally normal, especially when it first starts! So try not to worry about that - and if you do have any questions or concerns about it, talk to your doctor Smile As for using the tampon, practice makes perfect! If you don't have it in far enough, it'll feel uncomfy and will probably leak. Remember to push it all the way in til your fingers are pretty much touching your bod, THEN push the tube in to release the tampon. And try reading this article for some tips on trying again:

Lauren C.

by kelaboo on 5/27/2012 12:55:20 PM

I just had my period and I started using tampons. They are soooooo worth it! You have to have an angle. Also you want to go slow. it might take a while to get the right angle. It also helps to have the smallest size. I like the slim because I'm really small. (not even 5 foot) It took me a day to get the hang of it and find the right brand.

by Lissa10 on 1/23/2012 10:18:17 AM

I got my period august 5th and have been using pads since, I tried using a tampon yesterday because i have a basketball tournament today. I got the tampon applicator in but when i pushed the cotton in it felt weird so i went to take it out, and it hurt really bad. Im afraid to use one again. And my flow is light and i have ultra light tampons and i change my pad like ever 5-6 hours. Its a very light flow. What do i do? i don't want to be embarrassed at my basketball game.

Hey girl,

When it comes to tampons, there's no one better to ask than your mom (or an older sis, if you have one). She's been there and done that, and will be able to help you out. Check out this article we published on tampon trouble, and don't be embarrassed to ask for help!

Meghan D.

by Hayleybabe1024 on 12/3/2011 10:31:03 AM

My period just got really, really heavy. on the first day of middle school, I used a pantiliner and by the end of first period, i had bled through to my pants! (and though my jacket which i wore around my waist for precisely this situation.) Do I need to start using tampons? and should I keep wearing a jacket around my waist? I went without one today and I felt totally self concious. HELP!

Hey girly! Since you are bleeding heavier, a pantiliner is too thin. Try using pads (with wings) first before using tampons. Tampons can be a task to put on so you may want to wait until you are a bit older to use them. Be sure to change your pad every few hours. Ask your mom or an older female who is close to you for further instructions.

Amalia E.

by Nikichic on 9/14/2011 4:26:35 AM

I just recently started getting my period and should start getting it for this month soon - its a little late. I've been feeling like I get it, but when I go to the bathroom and look in my underwear, it looks like...I peed a little bit. It doesn't look like discharge. Is this normal?

Hey Chica!

Periods can be super irregular, but if you're worried, talk to your Mom and a doctor. If you have more questions, check out our page "Periods, period."
Sarah G.

by aleesha7 on 8/15/2011 3:44:22 PM

Then how long does it take for the mod ones to go through. Because i put one in more than 18 hours ago and it still isn't showing up?

The oldest comment I have is only a couple hours old - mods have been working all day so they definitely don't go back 18 hours. I just answered another question of yours though, so please go back and check where you posted your questions before before posting again!
Lauren C.