5 HOURS AGO You know you wanna wear a sweater on Thanksgiving...here's how to rock it: http://t.co/hhSGNIzUT6

8 HOURS AGO Need a style upgrade? Enter to win a pair of @mirabellagirl slouchies for your UGG boots: http://t.co/ggzprnMsbF

9 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

COMMENTS

Eight eco-chic tunes

Celebrating Earth Day? Us, too! And no matter what you’re doing, give the globe some cred just like some of the biggest names in music have over the decades.

Mod,
I've never really been sure of what I want to do when I'm older, but I've always had this dream of being a music artist (singing), I mean I'm really passionate about it and I really love it and I love performing. I think it may be what I want to do, but I sorta feel like I'm being unrealistic. What can I do to at least try to achieve my dream? I'm taking guitar lessons and possibly might take voice lessons.I feel like clueless as to what I should do tho..:/ I really care about this and want to write my own music too. I just don't know how to try and chase my dream..:l Am I being unrealistic? p.s. thank you so much mods!

hey girlie,

I'm glad you know your passion and you are pursuing it!  It is definitely a tough industry, but anything is possible.  I would definitely suggest thinking about any connections you or your parents may have.   If you know someone who is a singer, then ask them what roads they took to succeed.  Take all the lessons you need and practice tons!  Learn to figure out what makes YOU special and different from other entertainers.  And do research online as how you can get things recorded.  One easy way to start nowadays is YouTube, so you can always try to get advice and constructive criticism there!  Good luck, and work hard, girl!
Ruth S.

by pinkandlime on 4/23/2011 9:46:54 PM

What about Michael Franti's "Hey World", it's really good!

by londongirl12 on 4/23/2011 7:35:18 PM

'Earth' by Imogen Heap is awesome. It's sung from earth's point of view, complaining about what we've done to the enviorment. It's amazing, although very indie sounding. I dig it, but some people are not into that music.

by oceanlover247 on 4/23/2011 10:55:17 AM

I am just curious.. how to the MODS post peoples comments? Do you get an email every time someone does? You seem to have the same profile as everybody else so how do you answer questions? Im sorry im just curious!

Hey girlie! We receive a list of all comments that have not been answered whenever we log-in Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by loveforever21 on 4/23/2011 1:49:46 AM

mod Mod (:
Thanks for the suggestions! You and your friends should by strobe lights and play music and dance! Totally try it its tons of fun and very entertaining!(:

You're very welcome : ) And it sounds awesome and I'll definitely give it a try!

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by tennisluv101 on 4/22/2011 11:49:40 PM

Ahhh I love pearl jam Smile

by Lindseyy716 on 4/22/2011 11:29:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!(:
Hii my twin and I are having a bday party next saturday and we are going to be doing strobe light dancing. What are some funny/fun, crazy and/or unique songs that would be amazing to strobe light dance with? haha thankyou! and also other fun bday party ideas would be appreciated since we wont be strobing the whole time(:

Hey girlie! I've never been strobe light dancing and neither have my friends, so I'm not sure : \ Maybe you could ask around to your friends? As far as other ideas, what kinds of thing do you guys like to do? Some girls are into karaoke-themed parties, while others are into spa-themes. Think about the kinds of things that you and your sister (and your friends) love to do and take it from there!

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by tennisluv101 on 4/22/2011 10:29:11 PM

I love "Wake up America", "Make a Wave (minus joe jonas, i only like Demi's part) and Send it on (i only like demi, selena, and miley's part) its sooooo annoying i told my friend its earth day today shes like "no it isnt" and made a big thing about it its like CALM DOWN GIRL just bcuz im rite and ur wrong it doesnt make it so u can be a jerk

by oceanlover69 on 4/22/2011 10:04:54 PM

i would never listen to any of these. sorry!

by janerbuy on 4/22/2011 9:00:18 PM

ohh pearl jam Laughing Gotta go with all the good rock music many teens go rong with this new stuff Laughing

by KatzOutaZeBAg on 4/22/2011 6:18:13 PM