1 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

1 HOURS AGO RT @Fanlala: Learn the secrets to perfect skin care with @girlslifemag right here! http://t.co/GtREVj2dan

2 HOURS AGO Make your celeb BF dreams come true with #CatchAFallingStar, by @kculbertson: http://t.co/ZDByCnBk5k

COMMENTS

Parents won't let me homeschool

The stress of middle school is just too much for me with all the homework and remembering every little thing.

MODMODMOD! today in school i realized i was having trouble reading letters in small print from short distances. i mistook an e for an o and continued to mistake letters. i have always had 20\20 vision, no glasses. I do have a math learning disability that could be a cause of this. also, i have noticed a decrease in my spelling as i am starting to misspell easy words that i know and it takes me a lot of time to sound them out. also, i was reading a world map with cities and even from close up in small print, the letters seemed murky and i had to concentrate very hard, which is odd for me. alaways been a great reader, but i am worried. could these be signs of dyslexia?

Hey girlie. It sounds to me like you might need glasses. You should go get an eye exam to test your eyes out. Then, they should better be able to tell you what you need.
Marly Z.

by softballgirl56 on 5/9/2011 8:01:01 PM

Hey girls! If you ever need advice about anything or just want someone to talk to when you're sad...NEVER hesitate to comment on my profile! NOTHING is to personal...I won't judge you. I'll help you figure everything out and make you feel betr Smile

xoxo,
Maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 5/7/2011 11:08:21 AM

Why are some homeschoolers so smart? I know some and they seem way ahead of where kids my age are. The ones I know also have groups where they get to go on great trips and gather at peoples houses and go to museums and do other fun stuff.

by luckykel on 4/27/2011 11:47:14 PM

Ok so you DONT want to be homeschooled unless your like 1000% sure you to do it because then by the frist week you WILL be sick of it. But if your sure then its awesome and like the other comment said before there are alot of way to make friends even if your home schooled plus in todays time there are home schooling groups and cover schools were you can meet friends plush many homeschoolings groups have places were you can take classes so if your mom/dad isnt up for teaching you math or bio or somthing you can proably take a class. And when you get finished with your work you can lazy around all day. Also if ya miss he feild trips when you meet other homeschoolers you can plain feild trips days and ask everyone else to invit people hat way you can still take feild trips and you can meet new people. if your parents cant stay home with you try online classes either way if you really CANT take your school there is a way you can homeschool Smile

by anasquirrelygurl on 4/26/2011 10:50:13 PM

@SUPERLEIGH50 I know right!!!

by horselover408 on 4/26/2011 2:19:35 PM

@laxchick18 lol no friends? you can still have friends (like neighbors,girl scouts,church,ect..) no sports?I do sports in my town (and yeah,I make new friends that way too).no field trips? I got to go to Germany just a couple of years ago, and we didn't have to wait until school break or anything, and we wen't to the philly zoo, there are a lot of trips i have been on. no boys? there are some boys on my street and we hang out after school some times. no clubs? I do girl scouts and book clubs and bc i can sometimes finish school before breakfast,I have the whole day to do whatev I want(which includes drawing and other club like things). no oppurtunities? like i said germany,zoo, CA, Cape Cod. so yeah, HOMESCHOOLING ROCKS! Smile

by horselover408 on 4/26/2011 2:12:41 PM

Hey Girlies!

I am going to redo my room this summer and I can't think of any ideas! Frown

Could any of you girls please help?

Post your ideas on my profile please! Smile

Thanks Girlies! Smile

by nerdisthewurd26 on 4/26/2011 11:56:57 AM

Oh, and colleges love homeschoolers. xD

by superleigh50 on 4/26/2011 11:24:16 AM

Okay, you know what? I'm sick of this. I'm homeschooled. Stop judging us. We are NOT reclusive shy people with no social skills. Knock it off. I bet these people who talk about us like that haven't even met a homeschooler before. So you know what? Stop it.
I'm tired of having these sterotypes believed. We don't just sit in our house all the time and do schoolwork. Laxchik18, I don't hate you, but your comment was very shallow. You should be smarter than that. I talk to boys, I've been in clubs, I've done soccer and track, I've taken awesome field trips, and I have plenty reason to get dressed nicely because I DO go outside my house. I do this homeschooler-only program that allows us to go to a school, take classes, and meet people too. Everyone in these classes are quite talkative and fun, and we could prove all your assumptions about us wrong in a heartbeat.
That's all I have to say.

by superleigh50 on 4/26/2011 11:19:25 AM

I'm in 8th, but taking Algebra I, and with sports hw can get crazy, but you really have to just set time aside for your schoolwork. Also, after being in middle school a while, you'll get used to remembering things, because I had the same problem, but it got a lot easier as I went on. I personally wouldn't want to homeschool, I feel like you would miss out on some school stuff, but that's just me. Good luck girl(:

by MadameAwesome on 4/26/2011 8:45:36 AM