32 MINUTES AGO As if you needed another, here are 11 more reasons to get super psyched for Thanksgiving: http://t.co/qZgpABAxHB

1 HOURS AGO This book definitely hits it outta the park! Enter to win a FREE copy of Fast-Pitch Love from @AstraeaPress today: http://t.co/jHVWU9v01z

2 HOURS AGO Srsly, is this No-Shave November or No-Man November? Tell us why you're still single: http://t.co/RLnjoWMtNM

COMMENTS

Parents won't let me homeschool

The stress of middle school is just too much for me with all the homework and remembering every little thing.

I take study hall, and it is my savior. It's frustrating only being able to take six classes, especially with boring prerequisites, but it is SO worth it. Without study hall there is no way I would be able to do after school sports. High school came with more homework, but also the opportunity to participate in study hall. This means that I actually have LESS homework (usually) than I did in middle school! I love study hall Smile

by applesaregreen on 4/25/2011 10:55:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD: I think I have depression issues, but I'm not sure. I'm almost never happy and I always find something wrong with myself. I hate everything about myself, even though my parents and my two BFF's tell me I'm pretty, i don't think so. I compare myself to everyone and I want to go horseback riding (my passion) but I haven't got to ride in 3 years and my parents don't want to pay for lessons. They force me to play piano even though I hate it most of the time. I feel awful and never happy, exprecially since we moved from my life-long home a year ago I'm so home sick and just want to move back, but we don't ahve a 30k down-payment. Please help me deal, and please don't say counsler...I just can't talk to the school counsler at all.

Bonjour chicky! I myself suffered with depression, and can totally relate to what you're going through. All the time, I became my own worst critic saying I'm too ugly or stupid to achieve anything. Eventually, I began seeing a therapist who put on Lexapro, and since then it has really helped. I've started to take on a more positive outlook on life and those around me noticed that I looked a lot happier than usual. Now, if you're uncomfortable seeing a therapist, there are other ways in which you can fight your depression. We have an article here that explains how playing video games can help with depression: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/18/Did-you-know-video-games-can-reduce-symptoms-of-depression.aspx. Good luck with everything. I know things may seem hopeless right now, but things will get better with time.

Jessica W.

by Aquarius1998 on 4/25/2011 10:03:25 PM

Homechooling is great!

by pinkmustang on 4/25/2011 9:45:41 PM

If you buy a magnetic dry erase board, you can write down things to remember every morning. Then, as you leave, treat it like a check list. Also, you could set up an organized study space at home. A place you could do your homework and projects with pens and paper and everything you need!! Hope this helps!!!!

by Stargazin1 on 4/25/2011 8:19:07 PM

Oh, come on! Middle school is the easiest stage of your school life! I was in a Humanities program and I have to say eighth grade was probably the hardest. But I only stayed up till 11 latest, maybe 12. I'm a freshman now, in Cleveland CORE, and it's insane but awesome. The fun you have makes all the stress and IUE's worth it. (IUE, end of the unit final essay, if you don't handwrite over 10 pgs or type over 5 you're screwed. Except most kids write about 20.)All the programs are amazing, and the sports clubs, don't even get me started!Grrr... but tenth is way harder at Cleveland because we're no longer being "spoon fed" and I get to take AP bio and the two-year Calc program (joy)Okay, that was my rant. (:o{). Thanks for reading... and putting up with my bragging(sorry, but I love my school)

by leesakpizza on 4/25/2011 7:50:25 PM

I am SOOO glad im not homeschooled. how can u be in ur house all day, no friends, no boys, no clubs, no sports, nooppurtunities, no field trips, no honor society, no reason to really get dressed bc ur not going out( actually that may be a plus) but still. i am strongly against homeschooling. i mean im not sure but idk how good that looks on a college app. but i no it works for some people so..

by laxchik18 on 4/25/2011 5:25:01 PM

hey girlies if you need advice visit my profilee. i answer really fats AND i will give you a detailed answer.
p.s. no question is to weird or personall

by ALR on 4/25/2011 4:14:10 PM

I AM HOMESCHOOLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's super AWESOME!!!!
I get to do school in my pjs like whenever I wanna!
some days (since most of my friends are homeschooled) I get to skip a day to hang out.=)but of course that means double school the next day Frown
anyways...I could continue on about how AMAZING homeschooling is for like...ever!
p.s girls you can still have friends (and make new ones!)
you won't "forget" how to make friends.

by horselover408 on 4/25/2011 1:53:33 PM

I do online school with keystone online school. I love it!!

by canadianfawn on 4/25/2011 1:45:30 PM

Homeschooling: strict teacher comes to your house and you have to do everything he or she says. If your lucky...that teacher will be nice.
YOUR OTHER OPTION:
Online School: all your school work is done online, teachers and other students all online. Students must provide computer...my advice once you join this....Make sure you don't fall behind in any of your classes.

by i_luv_devin on 4/25/2011 12:15:23 PM