5 HOURS AGO You know you wanna wear a sweater on Thanksgiving...here's how to rock it: http://t.co/hhSGNIzUT6

8 HOURS AGO Need a style upgrade? Enter to win a pair of @mirabellagirl slouchies for your UGG boots: http://t.co/ggzprnMsbF

9 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

COMMENTS

Parents won't let me homeschool

The stress of middle school is just too much for me with all the homework and remembering every little thing.

MODMODMOD! today in school i realized i was having trouble reading letters in small print from short distances. i mistook an e for an o and continued to mistake letters. i have always had 20\20 vision, no glasses. I do have a math learning disability that could be a cause of this. also, i have noticed a decrease in my spelling as i am starting to misspell easy words that i know and it takes me a lot of time to sound them out. also, i was reading a world map with cities and even from close up in small print, the letters seemed murky and i had to concentrate very hard, which is odd for me. alaways been a great reader, but i am worried. could these be signs of dyslexia?

Hey girlie. It sounds to me like you might need glasses. You should go get an eye exam to test your eyes out. Then, they should better be able to tell you what you need.
Marly Z.

by softballgirl56 on 5/9/2011 8:01:01 PM

Hey girls! If you ever need advice about anything or just want someone to talk to when you're sad...NEVER hesitate to comment on my profile! NOTHING is to personal...I won't judge you. I'll help you figure everything out and make you feel betr Smile

xoxo,
Maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 5/7/2011 11:08:21 AM

Why are some homeschoolers so smart? I know some and they seem way ahead of where kids my age are. The ones I know also have groups where they get to go on great trips and gather at peoples houses and go to museums and do other fun stuff.

by luckykel on 4/27/2011 11:47:14 PM

Ok so you DONT want to be homeschooled unless your like 1000% sure you to do it because then by the frist week you WILL be sick of it. But if your sure then its awesome and like the other comment said before there are alot of way to make friends even if your home schooled plus in todays time there are home schooling groups and cover schools were you can meet friends plush many homeschoolings groups have places were you can take classes so if your mom/dad isnt up for teaching you math or bio or somthing you can proably take a class. And when you get finished with your work you can lazy around all day. Also if ya miss he feild trips when you meet other homeschoolers you can plain feild trips days and ask everyone else to invit people hat way you can still take feild trips and you can meet new people. if your parents cant stay home with you try online classes either way if you really CANT take your school there is a way you can homeschool Smile

by anasquirrelygurl on 4/26/2011 10:50:13 PM

@SUPERLEIGH50 I know right!!!

by horselover408 on 4/26/2011 2:19:35 PM

@laxchick18 lol no friends? you can still have friends (like neighbors,girl scouts,church,ect..) no sports?I do sports in my town (and yeah,I make new friends that way too).no field trips? I got to go to Germany just a couple of years ago, and we didn't have to wait until school break or anything, and we wen't to the philly zoo, there are a lot of trips i have been on. no boys? there are some boys on my street and we hang out after school some times. no clubs? I do girl scouts and book clubs and bc i can sometimes finish school before breakfast,I have the whole day to do whatev I want(which includes drawing and other club like things). no oppurtunities? like i said germany,zoo, CA, Cape Cod. so yeah, HOMESCHOOLING ROCKS! Smile

by horselover408 on 4/26/2011 2:12:41 PM

Hey Girlies!

I am going to redo my room this summer and I can't think of any ideas! Frown

Could any of you girls please help?

Post your ideas on my profile please! Smile

Thanks Girlies! Smile

by nerdisthewurd26 on 4/26/2011 11:56:57 AM

Oh, and colleges love homeschoolers. xD

by superleigh50 on 4/26/2011 11:24:16 AM

Okay, you know what? I'm sick of this. I'm homeschooled. Stop judging us. We are NOT reclusive shy people with no social skills. Knock it off. I bet these people who talk about us like that haven't even met a homeschooler before. So you know what? Stop it.
I'm tired of having these sterotypes believed. We don't just sit in our house all the time and do schoolwork. Laxchik18, I don't hate you, but your comment was very shallow. You should be smarter than that. I talk to boys, I've been in clubs, I've done soccer and track, I've taken awesome field trips, and I have plenty reason to get dressed nicely because I DO go outside my house. I do this homeschooler-only program that allows us to go to a school, take classes, and meet people too. Everyone in these classes are quite talkative and fun, and we could prove all your assumptions about us wrong in a heartbeat.
That's all I have to say.

by superleigh50 on 4/26/2011 11:19:25 AM

I'm in 8th, but taking Algebra I, and with sports hw can get crazy, but you really have to just set time aside for your schoolwork. Also, after being in middle school a while, you'll get used to remembering things, because I had the same problem, but it got a lot easier as I went on. I personally wouldn't want to homeschool, I feel like you would miss out on some school stuff, but that's just me. Good luck girl(:

by MadameAwesome on 4/26/2011 8:45:36 AM

I take study hall, and it is my savior. It's frustrating only being able to take six classes, especially with boring prerequisites, but it is SO worth it. Without study hall there is no way I would be able to do after school sports. High school came with more homework, but also the opportunity to participate in study hall. This means that I actually have LESS homework (usually) than I did in middle school! I love study hall Smile

by applesaregreen on 4/25/2011 10:55:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD: I think I have depression issues, but I'm not sure. I'm almost never happy and I always find something wrong with myself. I hate everything about myself, even though my parents and my two BFF's tell me I'm pretty, i don't think so. I compare myself to everyone and I want to go horseback riding (my passion) but I haven't got to ride in 3 years and my parents don't want to pay for lessons. They force me to play piano even though I hate it most of the time. I feel awful and never happy, exprecially since we moved from my life-long home a year ago I'm so home sick and just want to move back, but we don't ahve a 30k down-payment. Please help me deal, and please don't say counsler...I just can't talk to the school counsler at all.

Bonjour chicky! I myself suffered with depression, and can totally relate to what you're going through. All the time, I became my own worst critic saying I'm too ugly or stupid to achieve anything. Eventually, I began seeing a therapist who put on Lexapro, and since then it has really helped. I've started to take on a more positive outlook on life and those around me noticed that I looked a lot happier than usual. Now, if you're uncomfortable seeing a therapist, there are other ways in which you can fight your depression. We have an article here that explains how playing video games can help with depression: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/18/Did-you-know-video-games-can-reduce-symptoms-of-depression.aspx. Good luck with everything. I know things may seem hopeless right now, but things will get better with time.

Jessica W.

by Aquarius1998 on 4/25/2011 10:03:25 PM

Homechooling is great!

by pinkmustang on 4/25/2011 9:45:41 PM

If you buy a magnetic dry erase board, you can write down things to remember every morning. Then, as you leave, treat it like a check list. Also, you could set up an organized study space at home. A place you could do your homework and projects with pens and paper and everything you need!! Hope this helps!!!!

by Stargazin1 on 4/25/2011 8:19:07 PM

Oh, come on! Middle school is the easiest stage of your school life! I was in a Humanities program and I have to say eighth grade was probably the hardest. But I only stayed up till 11 latest, maybe 12. I'm a freshman now, in Cleveland CORE, and it's insane but awesome. The fun you have makes all the stress and IUE's worth it. (IUE, end of the unit final essay, if you don't handwrite over 10 pgs or type over 5 you're screwed. Except most kids write about 20.)All the programs are amazing, and the sports clubs, don't even get me started!Grrr... but tenth is way harder at Cleveland because we're no longer being "spoon fed" and I get to take AP bio and the two-year Calc program (joy)Okay, that was my rant. (:o{). Thanks for reading... and putting up with my bragging(sorry, but I love my school)

by leesakpizza on 4/25/2011 7:50:25 PM

I am SOOO glad im not homeschooled. how can u be in ur house all day, no friends, no boys, no clubs, no sports, nooppurtunities, no field trips, no honor society, no reason to really get dressed bc ur not going out( actually that may be a plus) but still. i am strongly against homeschooling. i mean im not sure but idk how good that looks on a college app. but i no it works for some people so..

by laxchik18 on 4/25/2011 5:25:01 PM

hey girlies if you need advice visit my profilee. i answer really fats AND i will give you a detailed answer.
p.s. no question is to weird or personall

by ALR on 4/25/2011 4:14:10 PM

I AM HOMESCHOOLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's super AWESOME!!!!
I get to do school in my pjs like whenever I wanna!
some days (since most of my friends are homeschooled) I get to skip a day to hang out.=)but of course that means double school the next day Frown
anyways...I could continue on about how AMAZING homeschooling is for like...ever!
p.s girls you can still have friends (and make new ones!)
you won't "forget" how to make friends.

by horselover408 on 4/25/2011 1:53:33 PM

I do online school with keystone online school. I love it!!

by canadianfawn on 4/25/2011 1:45:30 PM

Homeschooling: strict teacher comes to your house and you have to do everything he or she says. If your lucky...that teacher will be nice.
YOUR OTHER OPTION:
Online School: all your school work is done online, teachers and other students all online. Students must provide computer...my advice once you join this....Make sure you don't fall behind in any of your classes.

by i_luv_devin on 4/25/2011 12:15:23 PM

Oddly Im in sixth grade and I barely have any homework but in fifth grade I was litterally up until 2:00 a.m. each night.

by demigod7 on 4/25/2011 12:09:50 PM

I am homeschooled by choice and it is really the best thing for me. I don't believe everyone can do it because you need to have that type of independence. For me, I am always learning outside of paper and pen, usually my computer and books are how I learn. Although I am going to take some courses at a public school next year, I am just doing that for the social. Yes when being homeschooled, it is very hard to make friends but since I haven't been my whole life and go out with friends, I always make new buds and stuff. But I love homeschooling, I found my passion of writing my own blog and have been getting even more famous. The only draw back is not going to school and talking.

by AllAboutJane on 4/25/2011 11:48:15 AM

i SOOO want to be home-schooled. but my paretns work, and i probably will forget hhow 2 make friends. Frown

by I<3gurrls! on 4/25/2011 10:23:51 AM

I'm in sixth grade and we barely have any homework! In fourth grade it was like 3 things in each subject per night. It was insane. Next year in Jr. High it is going to be 10x worse that now.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 4/25/2011 7:44:39 AM