3 HOURS AGO Don’t let the mild weather turn you into a couch potato! Get up, get out and get going!: http://t.co/M7RCTVNe9p

3 HOURS AGO RT @Alexa_Curtis: NEW POST// A super belated post from the @girlslifemag event in Baltimore last month! http://t.co/5ehd2l1aQr http://t.co/pic.twitter.com/FCpAvvEna6

4 HOURS AGO Check out ‘Girls Who Code’ new tampon game… We can’t stop playing!! http://t.co/AdbzImClOX

COMMENTS

What the heck is discharge, anyway?

I don't know what’s wrong with me! Sometimes I get this feeling like there's something gooey between the flaps down there. But, I don't get anything on...

MOD MOD MOD MOD! My discharge turned brown this month ( i get everyday). Today there was big spots of red and a bit of orange-ish. PLZ RESPOND!!

Hey girlie! I'm not sure what your question is, but if the color is worrying you, talk to your doc or your mom.  And use a panty liner in the meantime! xoxo

Kate G.

by Alexa:) on 8/27/2013 10:19:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! PLZ ANSWER! I start school next week. I have a feeling that my period is gonna start soon. I have discharge everyday and this month it turned brown with black and brown spots. Whats up with me!? PLZ ANSWER!! Smile

Hey girlie! I answered your question on the other post- it sounds like it might be your period, but if you aren't sure, talk to your mom about it! xoxo

Kate G.

by Alexa:) on 8/26/2013 12:21:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MPD PLZ ANSWER! I have brown discharge with black and red spots. Any ideas? PLZ MOD ANSWER!

Hey girlie! Sounds like it might be your period- try a panty liner or pad! xoxo

Kate G.

by Alexa:) on 8/26/2013 12:02:53 PM

MPD MOD MOD MOD! PLZ ANSWER! Ok i had discharge for 2 years and it turned brown this month ( i get discharge everyday). I have all the otjer symtoms too. Sore breasts. CRAZY mood swings. Sore breasts. Tiredness. Forgetfulness. Ps- On saterday tjere was spots of blood in my discharge. Yesterday and today. PLZ MOD GET BACK ASAP!!!!

Hey AlexaSmile, your period is probably on its way girly. Start reading up on periods now so you'll be prepared. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Alexa:) on 8/25/2013 9:32:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! So on saterday (18) there was blood in my discharge which was brow. Is this my peripd? PLZ PLZ WRITE BACK ASAP!

hey! Only if it's persistent for 4-7 days, if not it's just spotting, but your period can't be far behind.

Helen S.

by Alexa:) on 8/24/2013 2:29:55 PM

Is it normal for my dicharge to be al different textures?

Hey girly, it's totally normal for discharge texture to vary. What you want to watch out for is if it becomes lumpy or a cottage cheese texture. If that happens, you'll want to talk to a doctor.

Lauren I.

by ArizonaChica on 9/19/2012 5:00:39 AM

mod mod mod i think about around last summer i first started to get discharge so its been like almost an year since i got it will my period come soon??

Hey girl,

Your period might be coming soon, but I can't predict when, so you might want to check with a doc!

Meghan D.

by musicgurl111 on 6/23/2012 12:11:49 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
i've gotten discharge for over five years does that mean that my period is coming soon?

Hey girlie,

It's impossible to guarantee exactly when you'll get your period (even a doctor can't do it!), but yes discharge is a sign that you're going through puberty normally and that your period is coming soon. We wish we could tell you exactly when, but just be confident that you're normal and healthy! Your bod will make your period come when it's ready Smile
Lauren C.

by cherice2733 on 5/27/2012 12:00:10 AM

It said discharge can be ruuny, so I know I'm getting it. The thing that confuses me is that mine is yellow, is that normal?

by Genny101 on 3/3/2012 1:10:05 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!! wht is spotting?

Hey girl,

Spotting typically refers to a small amount of blood loss during early stages of pregnancy -- if you're asking in terms of your period, the term isn't being used correctly but could mean a light period.

Meghan D.