2 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

5 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

6 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Ace your exams!

A five-step how-to for an ah-mazing report card.

mod mod mod:
Next year is my last year of middle school and I have two choices. Early College and regular high school. Early college would be a great head start for my career. But Im gonna leave all my friends behind since most of them are going to regular high school. One of my friends are dead set on going to early college and wants me to come, and I do. How can I decide since its such a tough choice? -Thanks

Hey girlie,

At least you have friends in each place, whichever you choose! Sure there will be more at one school than the other, but you'll have at least one person to face the new experiences with. So don't worry about that part! Instead, think about the big picture. What are the perks of each school? Making new friends, familiarity, better academics, etc. Will you be able to keep in touch with/see your friends from regular high school if you choose early college? What sports/clubs are available at each school? Which is easier to get to from your house? Try making a pros and cons list to figure this out. But remember how important your future is - if you want to challenge yourself and set yourself up for going to a great college, it might be worth the change!
Lauren C.

by kattlovesmusic on 6/27/2011 4:27:22 PM

Hey Girlies! I'm already in high school and am an all A student. Of y'all have any questions about anything school related you can just ask me! I am always on gl so I'll get back to you quick. School can be really stressful, but not if you have someone to help you!

by Twinkie441 on 6/18/2011 12:10:21 AM

I am going 2 b a freshmen at a new school this fall. I have gone to private school all my life, I even went to a Montessori preschool! and when i say private, i mean very, very different then a normal school. There were only 7 kids in my grade this year! It's a k-8th school so I've been going to it for a while. It's just so different and i have no idea how i'm going to fit in at my new school. I have 2 go 2 a public school now because my private school only went 2 8th grade and there aren't any private high schools close 2 where i live! The problem is i have always lived in a different district then where my private school was so all of my friends r going 2 go 2 the school in that district, but i have 2 go 2 the one where i live. and i don't know anyone at this school because i always did sports and activities far away. Anyway i just wanted 2 know if u had any advice on what 2 expect in public school? the school im going 2 has 800 kids, how can i make friends??

With so many people youll make friends very easily. Just be outgoing and find people with interests like yours. Sports is a great place to start. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by ilovesalmon on 6/9/2011 12:12:09 AM

Mod
This year i swear has been the worst year of my life. i moved, my parents got divorced, and i pretty much lost everything . I got straight D's on my last report card and am pretty sure the upcoming one isn't going to be any better . I dont no what to do . I hate my life and i think im depressed ( i literally cry every single day) and am lost . please tell you have some suggestions on wat i can do . thanks- hopelessly lost

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't going great for you right now <3 The most important thing to do right now is to talk to someone - preferably someone who is fairly stable in their own life right now. Try a guidance counselor or teacher at school, an older cousin or aunt/uncle, or even someone at a local church (whether you go there or not). You don't need to plan out a whole "presentation" on what is wrong with your life - just talk and get it all out. Then, with that person, you can try to make a plan for how to come back from all of this. It's natural that your schoolwork would suffer from the stress you're under, so maybe start there. Once something starts going better, your mood will improve and the rest of it won't seem so bad. It's going to take work but it's worth it - things WILL get better!!!! <3
Lauren C.

by themusician on 6/6/2011 6:58:04 PM

MOD;
I'm a really smart girl and I've gotten all A's throughout middle school. I'm taking Spanish one right now and its almost over (4 more days). The problem is... I might end up with a B in that class! I already had a low A (93.8, actually) and I got a 92 on my final and a 90 on a test. I don't think there is any way I can get an A, I was supposed to be recognized for getting only A's in a few days. I was thinking of emailing my Spanish teacher, but I don't know what I would say. It's really bumming me out! I know B's are good too, but it just stinks to get one at the very last week. What do you suggest I say to my teacher?
Thanks.

Hey girl,

I totally understand that the B is disappointing, but there's not much you can do at this point. You could try emailing your teacher to ask for last-minute extra credit - just explain that you feel like you've grown over the semester and learned a lot, so you'd love to be able to prove that. Still, I wouldn't count on it. Instead, I'd just embrace the B - you tried really hard, kept up amazing grades all year, and ended up doing great! You should be proud of that Smile
Lauren C.

by soccercastle on 6/4/2011 12:28:25 PM

Ok heres another tip for all of you, when you have a lot of studying to do. Make a to do list and just take little chunks of studying at a time! Make sure to give yourself breaks! It really makes you feel good when you check things off the list!

by adih on 5/15/2011 8:14:23 PM

MOMODMOD! I HAVE A LEARNING DISABILITY that makes math, processing info, and following complex directions very hard. i am starting to get stressed out because my math final is coming up soon. no matter how hard i try, i can never remember all the things i need to now for math. Also, how can i keep track of things. im disroganized and i need help keeping track of papers. also, how can i tell people i am not dumb?

hey girlie,

each person has to figure out what system works best for them--and trying different things is the first step to figuring it out!  Try buying binders to keep track of papers for different subjects, and make yourself put everything in the appropriate ones right after you finish the HW. To study for tests, try flash cards, or make up creative games for yourself...or going to a quiet spot where you can spend as much time as you need.  You are definitely not dumb--you just process all the information in a different way, so just let others know that you learn in a different way.  If you have time, try to spend some extra time before and after class to review useful info you may be discussing in class!
Ruth S.

by softballgirl56 on 5/7/2011 10:41:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay so there's this guy I like.. lets call him T. Anyway I like him but he he has a girlfriend. But he flirts with me alot (his girlfriend goes to a different school). Sometimes it seems like he likes me. And my math teacher always teases us about "dating" and he always blushes and stuff. Do you think he likes me? What do you think I should do?!?!? Thanks!
-greaseistheword17

Helen S.

by greaseistheword17 on 5/6/2011 6:00:01 PM

mod
i keep getting bad grades on my history tests. i study the material almost everyday, but i keep getting Ds and Fs on them. i finally got a B on my last 1.. but i have used the same strategy.... how can i study better?
also....
my history teacher is really strict and gives us all bad grades...even though we study hard.. and wat she tells us 2 study. she likes changing the answers to q's every day and we just study wat she tells us...but wat she tells us is always wrong. we only have a few weeks left till school's out...but i cant stand her. i dont want 2 get bad grades cuz of her. i hope i dont have her next year. wat should i do till then?
Thanks. Sorry so long. Smile

hey! no problem check this out: http://www.girlslife.com/category/study-tips.aspx

Helen S.

by kaidenlefty41699 on 5/6/2011 5:06:30 PM

i tried to do this to study for my AP art history exam...yeah, it didn't work considering that the test people decided to put obscure italian and french artists (whose names all look the same) on it. Studying really didn't help there...but i guess that's just ap exams....

by KiaraKat on 5/5/2011 10:55:57 PM