2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

2 HOURS AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

3 HOURS AGO This could be us at #Homecoming, but you playin' http://t.co/HsMGXHMz8v

COMMENTS

Cuts - An original poem

Hey girlies! Check out this poem by a GL reader and let us know what you think in the comments. We think this poem is...

this is deep. i understand where's she's coming from

by wolfy2149 on 8/9/2011 3:36:49 PM

Wow this is really deep I hope that the time that passed between when u wrote this and now that u got better and if u didnt then i hope u do everyone has problems but not everyone knows how to work through them I hope you do!
May the Lord Lead You Away from sadness

by MaxRide15 on 7/7/2011 6:35:07 PM

It's okay, you're not alone. I do it too and some of my friends have done it before. I don't know if they still do, but if they can get better, I know you can too. Don't give up on yourself there's a way through. If you need to talk know that me and mostly everyone on girls life are here for you =)

by emmy201 on 7/6/2011 11:01:38 PM

its nice to know someone can voice what we all feel

by runforever on 6/2/2011 7:20:46 PM

A very ordinary little poem. The author gets credit for rhyming "next" and "perplexed", though.

by peaches and raspberries on 5/24/2011 7:42:01 PM

Me too, girl, me too. There are a lot of people who know I used to cut last year, because I was going through a lot of stuff. But the thing is, they all think I got better. Now, I'm going through so many insecurity issues that cutting... it makes me feel pretty. Weird, huh? My girlfriend (I'm gay) knows about some of the more recent ones, and I think my best guy friend does too, but the latest have all been a secret. And truthfully, I don't want to let anyone I know personally see. It makes me feel good, but they'll make me feel bad. I dunno. Just letting you know that you're not alone, I guess.

by VictorianPorcelain on 5/22/2011 4:18:23 PM

I wish you good luck sweetieSmile i am still on the road to recovery 4 years later, but it does get easier. i promise you that, same to anyone else out there struggling...Im here for anyone who needs it..

by softball_chic_4_ever on 5/19/2011 10:24:35 PM

I have eczema(a disease of the skin that leaves big scabs on your skin and dark rashes) instead of cutting, i pick at the scabs. i feel better when i see the blood and i know its a problem. Im planning on talking to my Best Friend in the world about it because im starting to think about commiting suicide. My great Aunt Louise died this year, i never knew who my grandparents on my dad's side were, my mom is threatening to leave my family over and over again, and my cousin had jumped off a 2 story building for self defence because someone was trying to harm her. She was in the hospital with a broken hip and arm. I seem like the perfect child, but im not. I carry a blue notebook around with poetry in it. mostly depressing poetry. I feel that i can only trust my best friend. i don't necessarily want feedback. i just want to get this out, so i can stop crying myself to sleep. I don't know how this started but i want to finish it. Thank you for reading and for caring. I love you all! : )

by MusicLove on 5/18/2011 10:37:31 PM

i cut too...

by spunkygirl03 on 5/17/2011 7:04:14 PM

wow, this is a really pretty poem

by DanceFreak99 on 5/16/2011 7:32:28 PM