9 HOURS AGO The least awkward way to talk to your mom about sex: http://t.co/nJUDIv8mDL

12 HOURS AGO Throw the best #Friendsgiving feast ever: http://t.co/CfwBynu3mF

13 HOURS AGO How to get him to (finally) call you back: http://t.co/RGMLbQNyLi

COMMENTS

My mom read my diary without permission!

I don’t want her going through my stuff. How can I get her to stop?

My brother is the perfect guy. He is a great musician/singer/dancer, and he is going to a special arts school that you have to audition for. A ton of girls like him. The problem is, I love to play piano/guitar/sing as much as him, and I have been dancing forever. I always feel like I'm shadowed by my big brother. Whenever someone talks to us together, the always say how my brother is amazing, but all they talk about to me is school and books. How can I stand out in the spotlight as my own person, and not as my brother's little sister?

Alyssa B.

by lucky25 on 6/16/2011 8:41:11 PM

modmodmod
I have a problem with my mom. Tells me to quit being stupid when I try to talk to her about friends. But if something happens to my sister with friends at school it seems like my sister is better than me. I know my mom means well but its getting anoying. I want to tell her but I don't know what to say.

hey girl,

be honest with your mom and tell her it really hurts your feelings. tell her you just really want her to listen, and that the things you tell her are actually very important to you...and hopefully she'll take the time to listen to you more next time!
Ruth S.

by 25noodles on 6/11/2011 10:37:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!! HI i have a problem..my mom thinks i dont have a sense of style. its annoying. i was on polyvore a website making clothes and i showed my mom she was like "you shud have had a brown purse and not a white one" the outfit was a white shirt that said peace rules in a shiney red writing with dark denim jeans with white flats.(she has great taste in adult clothes but teens no!) my mom told me thats tacky you have no sense of style. I've tried talking to her but (shes the type of mom that makes you ask just to take a shower!)every time i do she goes "dont try to tell me whats cute and whats not cute!" talking to her is like talking to a soldier in war!! she never lets me be myself. when im around her its like i feel like a puppet on a string sometimes i have to check and make sure.and i was over a friends house with 2 other girls. one of them noticed that i was different around my mom and i told her y.

Hey girl!

You should totally try talking to your mom again. Tell her how it hurts your feelings when she puts down your sense of style, and remind her that you're entitled to your own unique style. Also, I know this is hard, but don't feel like you need to get approval from her. If she is affecting the way you're acting, just try to be your own person and don't take what she says too much to heart! I hope that helps. x0x0

Casey L.

by PurpleGlitter220 on 6/9/2011 3:03:05 PM

i really need help right away. So my best friend is having a sleepover june. its coming up pretty soon. My mom NEVER lets me out to hang out with friends or parties or sleepovers. im not a "bad" kid i stay out of trouble. its kinda insulting that she doesn't trust me. my best friend is only inviting me and our two other bffs. This might be the last time we see each other becuase everyones moving. one to PA, the other to kansas. How do i get my mom to understand they are the BEST friends ive ever had and mean A LOT to me, so she can let me go??They're like my sisters, MOD what do i do???

Hey girlie--explain to her that it will be the last time you ever get to see them because they are moving and they mean a lot to you.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by ladybugluv on 6/3/2011 10:43:08 PM

Ummm, thats horrible. Honestly, my mom would NEVER do that! It's just plain nosy

by haleyhay3 on 6/1/2011 7:58:39 PM

My mom has gone through my facebook page and has gone through my emails, but when I asked her why she did this, she got upset and said, "Because it is my buisnesss to know!" and then yelled at me for being secretive. I sent one email saying who i like and she says she cant trust me anymore because I like someone...
I don't know what to do!!! Help!!!

by pandahugs1 on 5/26/2011 8:30:05 PM

Hey Greenybean47!
You should get glasses. I promise everyone will get used to them within at least a few weeks. Get frames that fit your face well. Look up what glasses go with your face shape. My friend had the same problem, and it makes her look smarter too. You also have the option of contacts, if you have the money and your parents will let you.
Hope that helped!
xoxo,
squigglegiggle13

by squigglegiggle13 on 5/26/2011 6:51:28 PM

Mod*
My mom told me yesterday that she wants to get a new dog, specifically to fit my sisters needs and make her happier, because the dog we already have is small and fragile and can't play with her or anything. So we are going to the animal shelter soon (me and my mom). I know my sister wants a dog, but my dad doesn't. Any ways we can convince him if we find the perfect dog?
Thanks xoxo!

Alyssa B.

by squigglegiggle13 on 5/26/2011 6:48:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
AHHHH! Help I really think I need glasses for far sight because I can see better in my brothers, and I cant see the board in class! I really don't want glasses because I DON'T LOOK good in them! Help! I know that it's best if I get them, but it would be so embarrassing! Especially, in front of my crush! Frown HELP! Frown Lauren C.

by Greenybean27 on 5/23/2011 5:49:02 PM

i keep trying to comment but it won't show up. y?

by 4202_luver on 5/20/2011 8:14:10 PM