AN HOUR AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

2 HOURS AGO Running out of time and hungry? Here are some great quick and easy snacks for you on the go! http://t.co/ouxTdKAWHT

3 HOURS AGO Find out what the stars say are in store for you this week: http://t.co/z3Jv0xkN2r

COMMENTS

My period is late! What's going on?

Usually my time of the month comes around like clockwork, but it’s two weeks late…

MOD MOD MOD MOD
sorry to bug you, but I have some questions (:
How do I ask my dad (my mom died after I was born) to buy me a different kind of pad? Cause the ones he bought me yesterday were wayyy to thin and I blend through them in like 30 mins. I feel bad though cause he bought me a whole box of Kotex ones, and those are expensive.
and my other question is, how long are periods supposed to last? And how can you to when your gonna get it again after the first one ends?

Hey girl, 1) just tell your dad that. Tell him you appreciate his helping you with your period, but you need a thicker pad for your heavier days (so like, overnight for example). The thin pads will be useful for the end of your period. 2) Periods last about a week, but they get lighter as the week goes on. 3) You get your period again about a month later, hence the word "monthly" to describe it.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by kat_13 on 11/5/2012 7:58:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD i've had my period for 2 months now,and i'm late. i was supposed to get it around the 8th, but now its the 22nd! i'm not prenant beacause i'm a virgin. so what's going on?

Hey girl,

Irregularity can be normal when you are first starting out your period, but there's no harm in talking to your mom or a doc to be sure!

Meghan D.

by soccacheer on 9/21/2012 11:22:54 PM

I had my period since July 2011 after that it came in September and then it disappeared. I am young and haven't even had a boyfriend yet. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

by sealionprincess2 on 2/21/2012 7:20:37 PM

*MODMODMODMOD*
I'm 14 & had my period for about 2 years. I've been late before alot and missed before (but not alot) and I missed in January. My grandfather passed away in November of last year and we had midterms & I've been under alot of stress with grades and things. Could this be why I missed/am late? Or is there something else that could be going on?

Hey girlie,

Those are DEFINITELY factors that could have made an impact. Periods can be affected by changes in stress level, diet, sleep patterns, exercise, emotions, etc. It's totally normal for your period to be a little irregular, even after two years. Just keep an eye on it. If you completely miss two months straight, it could be worth chatting with your doctor to make sure nothing is wrong. But right now, try to relax and know you're 100% normal <3
Lauren C.

by JBboysRoc on 2/3/2012 9:49:29 PM

Mod mod mod
So Ive had my period for like two years and it's still not regular. Last month got it around this time. School starts tomorrow and I'm worried if it'll come on the first day of school. Do you think I should wear a pad to school just in case?

Hey girl,

I know it's a pain, but it's still totally normal for it to be slightly irregular. But I wouldn't wear a pad to school just in case! Talk about uncomfy. Instead, bring one with you and stash it in your purse/backpack. Then just go to the bathroom every couple hours to make sure you're good Smile
Lauren C.

by Dashor on 8/22/2011 6:24:57 PM

Mod! OK so I had my period 2 weeks ago and 1 week ago I went to camp. After I came back from camp my breasts felt sore, so did my stomach and legs. I felt a little nauseous, but didn't throw up. I have never had a boyfriend, and I am a virgin, so I don't think I am pregnant, but is it a possibility? (Im sorry if this is stupid!)

Hey sweetie,

Don't worry, there's no way you could be pregnant. But if you still feel nauseous and you're experiencing soreness, definitely talk to your mom, or a doctor. You could be coming down with a virus.
Sarah G.

by cheshirecat12 on 8/19/2011 2:14:27 PM

what if mine is Very irregular. my momo always said that pickles in our family makes us irregular and that seemed true and then it wuld just give me cramps. but ive always been irregular but by months. and im not sure what to do becasue in my famuily everyone is irregular and one of my aunts cant hace kids and my mom wasnt supose to either. what shuld i do

Hey chica!

You should talk to your doctor about what's going on! He/she should be able to help!
Katelyn L.

by AnimeloveGNB83477 on 8/16/2011 1:06:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD! ive only had my period 3 times and im on my third one. Now i start feeling pains in the bottom of my stomach.Are they cramps? Please help thanks.

Hey chica, Cramps aren't exactly "in" your stomach, but more lower down.  Keep track of what you're feelilng and let an adult know what's up.  xoxo

Marie H.

by cheesesticks on 8/13/2011 4:01:41 PM

Hi sorry to bug but i have i question about my period so i got it on 21 December of 2010 and idk when im need to get it like that day or around that week so please help and i usually go trough one month then skip get it and skip but last month i didn't get is part of my chain that i usally get what wrong with my body cause im pretty stressed that still havent gotten it. thanks Smile

by gummybearlover on 8/4/2011 9:00:37 PM

It is normal for periods to sometimes skip, especially when we first get them. I think it has to do with our bodies getting used to our periods. Its bad because for most of us who arent doing things with guys its hard to convince people we arent having sex and for those of us who are having sex its a time to be very worried about being pregnant.

My cousin doesnt seem to take her birth control the right way so I get to hear all of her worries and concerns because she is sexually active, but so far she has been lucky.

by luckykel on 7/7/2011 5:55:07 PM