1 HOURS AGO How's your luck lookin'? Check your #horoscope to find out: http://t.co/G3UNgFG7x0

18 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

19 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

COMMENTS

My parents only care about good grades

Sometimes it feels like my parents are more concerned about my grades than my feelings.

MOD
i have no profile pic
i want one but i don't know how to put it
How do u put a pic on my profile?

Go to "MY ACCOUNT" on the right sidebar. Then, where it says My Avatar, upload the pic you want to use. (Remember: you CANNOT use personal pics of yourself/other people. That's against GL rules!)
Lauren C.

by smileygirl555 on 11/12/2011 9:39:56 PM

i might get glasses because i didn't pass the schools
vision test.
i don't wanna look like nerd
i think some bigger kids will make fun of me MOD

Hey girl,

First off, you can't do anything to permanently improve your vision now - foods, exercises, and other "tricks" just won't work. If you're having trouble seeing, the BEST thing to do is embrace the fact that you can fix it with glasses! Remember that you don't need to get "nerdy" glasses. There are a lot of really cool frames out there for you to choose - personally, I have a pair of roundish brown glasses that totally give me a hipster/rock vibe when paired with the rest of my wardrobe! It's all about the way you carry yourself. Think about it - I've seen Justin Bieber, Kendall Jenner, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Lauren Conrad, Anne Hathaway, Joe Jonas, Kirsten Dunst, and Justin Timberlake wearing glasses! And they walk with confidence, so they totally pull it off. Just remember to act confident yourself and you'll be just fine.

Plus, once you use glasses for a while you might be able to try contacts, which correct your vision without glasses. You just need to make sure you're able to put them in/take them out, plus that you're responsible enough to clean them/store them/take them out each night like the doctor suggests Smile It's an option for sure! Most days, I wear contacts instead of glasses and love them.
Lauren C.

by smileygirl555 on 11/12/2011 9:24:27 PM

Well unfortunatly that stinks and there is not too much to do about it. My advice to you is to tell them the next time they praise you on a good grade how you feel and why. If they yell at you tell them I didnt want to ruin the conversation I just wanted to mention it. Also, like Carol said maybe staple the letter you write to them on your bad grade and tell them that you did your best but you needed help. Ask them for help and go from there! If there are any other questions just post it on my wall. Thanks and Love Always-ABBY(=

by AbbyRae on 9/20/2011 5:02:37 PM

CHECK OUT MY PROFILE!!!! ASK ME ANYTHING! I PROMISE TO GET BACK TO YOU ASAP(I get on gl like, every other hour or so)!!!! THANKS!!!

by softballismyBFF on 8/9/2011 12:23:32 PM

@bieberlove586 Hey, sounds like you have a pretty balanced life- good for you! You managed to keep your excellent grades up, have awesome friends, and guys adore you! I'd say you're well off. Don't take it down a notch; what you explained sounded great! Keep up the good work, chica Smile If you need anymore advice, come to my Advice Queen page. (ILoveBigTimeRush1)

by ILoveBigTimeRush1 on 8/4/2011 8:22:52 PM

@prettytough14:
I think it would be better to get different binders! Tht might be what I'm going to do. A lot of people did that at my school last year, nd it seemed like it really worked! Hope that helped a little.

by Abagepatch on 7/24/2011 9:42:40 PM

I have the exact same problem but my mom is the one who cares more. I broke down crying because she couldn't see if from my point of view. She called me unorganized and things like that. I totally understand where your coming from and give you my best wishes and 100% support!

by brietta42 on 7/22/2011 12:29:50 AM

my parents want me to get good grades and i have nevr gotten less than an a- on ANY reportcard... im friends with popular girls and guys like me and all, but am i missing out on stuff??? should i take it back a notch or am i okay the way i am?? PLEASE I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE!!!!!

by bieberlover586 on 7/18/2011 1:34:41 PM

Hey, I'm going to be a freshman this next year and I was wondering if it would be better to have one binder per core class or just a folder per class. Thx

by prettytough14 on 7/9/2011 4:59:09 PM

Well, you can always try harder. And if you don't, then it's sometimes your fault, and not your mom's. Sorry to burst your bubble, though!

~Jessie~