AN HOUR AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

AN HOUR AGO RT @Fanlala: Learn the secrets to perfect skin care with @girlslifemag right here! http://t.co/GtREVj2dan

2 HOURS AGO Make your celeb BF dreams come true with #CatchAFallingStar, by @kculbertson: http://t.co/ZDByCnBk5k

COMMENTS

I can't stop pulling out my hair

I’ve been diagnosed with trichotillomania. I want to stop, but I’m having trouble doing it…

I have trich too and I still cant stop pulling! I have really mostly stopped. My main reason to pull was too have the feeling and the popping feeling. To help my self stop I put one of my swimming caps on my head all the time so whenever i went to pull there would be nothing to pull.

Good Luck Laughing

by UnKnOwNaMaZiNg on 7/7/2012 9:35:32 PM

OMG!I do to.I still yank my hair sometimes,but i don't do it as often now.Try to focus your mind on other things and try to stop yourself if you notice yourself pulling your hair.Good luck.

littlemissartsygirl
Smile

by littlemissartsygirl on 8/15/2011 8:39:37 PM

OMG i have it to. i got it a long time ago. It was hard. Try putting signs on ur mirrors saying i can do it. I will stop and other stuff i worked 4 me.

by dancer4everxx on 8/3/2011 1:04:30 PM

does hair detangler ruin your hair i put it in my hair and it made it all crispy

by jennanatasha on 6/14/2011 5:41:07 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
Well,I have really thick hair Because my dad shaved it all off when I was a baby so it would be thick but it was suppose to be only for boys and every time I go to brush it gets thicker and harder to brush! What should I do? Thanks a ton ~.~_DD_is_the_best_~.~

Hey girl,

Next time you go to the hair stylist, see if they can thin out your hair a little. I would also make sure you condition your hair to ensure that it is smooth and soft and easy to brush. Other than that, I am not sure how to answer your question. I hope this helps!

danielle D.

danielle D.

by ~.~_DD_is_the_best_~.~ on 6/2/2011 10:09:29 AM

I know exactly how you feel have the same thing. something that helps (doesn't cure, helps) is to think about why you do this, when you do this, if your comfortable taking the steps to recovery, if you're going to tell your friends,how you're going to recover and most of all,WHY YOU WANT TO RECOVER.
Hope this helps! just remember, there are tons of other people with this problem, and they are sending you love even without knowing you.
-your trich-y friend

by watevest on 5/21/2011 12:38:27 AM

MOD! MOD!
My mom does this too. She twists her hair around her fingers than it becomes a knot and she pulls it out. My mom gets angry and mad sometimes at little things and how do I tell her I think she should stop? And would this be considered the same thing? Thanks I appreciate it!!

Hey girl, I'd be careful because it usually doesn't go well when a child tells a parent what to do. For now, I'd just ignore the behavior. It's not hurting you.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by ashton062698 on 5/19/2011 11:05:07 PM

MOD,
I really want long hair but my hair is kinda short and growing soooo slowly. i want extensions. my hair is dirty blond. i know extensions are pricey...do u think i should buy them??? where??? thanks.

Hey girlie! A ton of salons can do extensions. The real decision is a personal one. Extensions are pricey, so make sure it's something you absolutely want before spending all that money!

Erin G.

by glittergurrl on 5/17/2011 4:24:02 PM

ya i would bring something jus to play with like my phone or someting

by afangmaximum on 5/15/2011 5:34:47 PM

MOD
I have a problem with picking at my thumbs' skins, i would do it without even realizing i'm doing it! it took a year, and now its getting a little better (: i used bandaids to block my fingers from picking at it. i tried to think of when and why i did it, bt i just can't think about it. and now every once in a while, i catch myself picking at it and i don't want it to start bleeding and peeling all worse again. when i wear bandiads on both my thumbs, people ask me why i have them on? is there a way i could stop it from happening besides using bandaids?

Hey girlie -- since it is a subconscious act, I believe the bandaids are the best bet. Especially since you can't figure out what cause you to do so.

Brittany G.