AN HOUR AGO Betcha never thought of putting *this* on your pie: http://t.co/mX5kbgrBdx

13 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

17 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

COMMENTS

I can't stop pulling out my hair

I’ve been diagnosed with trichotillomania. I want to stop, but I’m having trouble doing it…

MOD MOD mod
is it agood idea to shave my arms.its thick and dark and really noticable.one of my friends shaves her arms.should i????please answer asap

Helen S.

by sweetautumnsunshine on 5/13/2011 5:57:25 PM

I'm sorry you all have to go through this!...but about the counselor thing...I've gone to at least a family counselor/therapist for most of my life...and it really helps me! ...I know it may sound to you like, "Oh, I'm going to a shrink! Something's wrong with me!" When, hey, there's something wrong with everybody.
Lovee,
Kitty
Good Luck! Maybe we can all work together (in spirit and mind) to stop our habits...the whole will power thing helps me with pulling my nails off...

by <3kckitty3 on 5/12/2011 11:03:18 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod!
Ok so I can't stop cracking my knuckles! My mom Said that it's really bad for you. What should I do!!!!!!!

Hey girl, set a goal and give yourself a reward for carrying through with it. For example, start by going one day without cracking them and then give yourself a treat. Build up to longer periods of time to condition yourself/break the habit.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by katykat3000 on 5/12/2011 10:44:47 PM

MOD! MOD!!
Ok so theres this girl that I used to be really close to but now were just kind of distant acquintances, but we still eat at the same table at lunch. Anyways, I'm really worried about her because a couple days ago at lunch, she seemed really depressed and took seven tylenol in a matter of four hours. Then jokingly the next day, she was like I wanted to kill myself because I thought it would be fun. She's one of these people who jokes about everything and tries to get peoples attention and nevers shows emotion. Oh and also today she came to lunch crying and said that shed been talking to the counseler all morning because a kid was bullying her. What should I do????? i want to tell the counseler that she seemed sucidal but I don't feel like its my place so should I???? Sorry its really long!!

Hey girl, I think it's definitely your place to share what you saw with the Tylenol. You're doing this because you care. Don't ever be afraid to speak up because the one time you don't could be the one time something horrible happens that could've been prevented.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by theatreluver26 on 5/12/2011 10:00:30 PM

that sounds tough.

by greekprincess98 on 5/12/2011 9:24:47 PM

mod mod mod mod
ok so just say i failed a test, then to make myself sure that i didnt, i do something like idk sometimes fill in the all of the holes on a sheet of paper that has writing on it. is that something rong with me???

Hey girl, it sounds like you were just taking your anger out and in that case, it's better on a thing than person. It's perfectly natural to be upset; just be sure to take that emotion out in productive ways (like studying the material a little harder so next time around you'll ace it).

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by oceanlover69 on 5/12/2011 9:16:23 PM

I have this to! I pull out my eyelashes :/

by JBfan97 on 5/12/2011 8:36:54 PM

ohmygod! i do that but not nearly as often. hope you can get over this disorder! going to therapy and being busy helped

by bkl190 on 5/12/2011 7:27:03 PM

I reccomend just carrying around a piece of yarn. Pull on it instead of your hair Smile

by purpleblack12 on 5/12/2011 7:23:04 PM

Oh my gosh, girl! I had that for 2 years, last year and the year before! What helped me was that I found out where the spots I was most likely to pull my hair and eyelashes and I always wore a hat and my glasses when I was in those places. I used to go to a counselor but it didn't help much for me, but it may help you! I'd recommend making sure your friends know so they can stop you! I told my friends that that was what really helped me! I ultimately have stopped from the support of my friends and family! I got them all to swat my hand anytime they saw me pulling! Try to stop as soon as possible, my hair is still very short and thin after a year of not pulling and it is really bothering me! Also, my eyelashes actually came back longer, but not nearly as thick. They are very thin and not filled out. Stop as soon as you can! I can help you if you need! Also, what helped me was my parents gave me rewards for every month I didn't pull! Maybe that will help you!

by Kate-E Mae on 5/12/2011 5:27:34 PM