12 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

16 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

17 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

I can't stop pulling out my hair

I’ve been diagnosed with trichotillomania. I want to stop, but I’m having trouble doing it…

I have trich too and I still cant stop pulling! I have really mostly stopped. My main reason to pull was too have the feeling and the popping feeling. To help my self stop I put one of my swimming caps on my head all the time so whenever i went to pull there would be nothing to pull.

Good Luck Laughing

by UnKnOwNaMaZiNg on 7/7/2012 9:35:32 PM

OMG!I do to.I still yank my hair sometimes,but i don't do it as often now.Try to focus your mind on other things and try to stop yourself if you notice yourself pulling your hair.Good luck.

littlemissartsygirl
Smile

by littlemissartsygirl on 8/15/2011 8:39:37 PM

OMG i have it to. i got it a long time ago. It was hard. Try putting signs on ur mirrors saying i can do it. I will stop and other stuff i worked 4 me.

by dancer4everxx on 8/3/2011 1:04:30 PM

does hair detangler ruin your hair i put it in my hair and it made it all crispy

by jennanatasha on 6/14/2011 5:41:07 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
Well,I have really thick hair Because my dad shaved it all off when I was a baby so it would be thick but it was suppose to be only for boys and every time I go to brush it gets thicker and harder to brush! What should I do? Thanks a ton ~.~_DD_is_the_best_~.~

Hey girl,

Next time you go to the hair stylist, see if they can thin out your hair a little. I would also make sure you condition your hair to ensure that it is smooth and soft and easy to brush. Other than that, I am not sure how to answer your question. I hope this helps!

danielle D.

danielle D.

by ~.~_DD_is_the_best_~.~ on 6/2/2011 10:09:29 AM

I know exactly how you feel have the same thing. something that helps (doesn't cure, helps) is to think about why you do this, when you do this, if your comfortable taking the steps to recovery, if you're going to tell your friends,how you're going to recover and most of all,WHY YOU WANT TO RECOVER.
Hope this helps! just remember, there are tons of other people with this problem, and they are sending you love even without knowing you.
-your trich-y friend

by watevest on 5/21/2011 12:38:27 AM

MOD! MOD!
My mom does this too. She twists her hair around her fingers than it becomes a knot and she pulls it out. My mom gets angry and mad sometimes at little things and how do I tell her I think she should stop? And would this be considered the same thing? Thanks I appreciate it!!

Hey girl, I'd be careful because it usually doesn't go well when a child tells a parent what to do. For now, I'd just ignore the behavior. It's not hurting you.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by ashton062698 on 5/19/2011 11:05:07 PM

MOD,
I really want long hair but my hair is kinda short and growing soooo slowly. i want extensions. my hair is dirty blond. i know extensions are pricey...do u think i should buy them??? where??? thanks.

Hey girlie! A ton of salons can do extensions. The real decision is a personal one. Extensions are pricey, so make sure it's something you absolutely want before spending all that money!

Erin G.

by glittergurrl on 5/17/2011 4:24:02 PM

ya i would bring something jus to play with like my phone or someting

by afangmaximum on 5/15/2011 5:34:47 PM

MOD
I have a problem with picking at my thumbs' skins, i would do it without even realizing i'm doing it! it took a year, and now its getting a little better (: i used bandaids to block my fingers from picking at it. i tried to think of when and why i did it, bt i just can't think about it. and now every once in a while, i catch myself picking at it and i don't want it to start bleeding and peeling all worse again. when i wear bandiads on both my thumbs, people ask me why i have them on? is there a way i could stop it from happening besides using bandaids?

Hey girlie -- since it is a subconscious act, I believe the bandaids are the best bet. Especially since you can't figure out what cause you to do so.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by ifreakinloveeyou on 5/14/2011 12:19:38 AM

MOD MOD mod
is it agood idea to shave my arms.its thick and dark and really noticable.one of my friends shaves her arms.should i????please answer asap

Helen S.

by sweetautumnsunshine on 5/13/2011 5:57:25 PM

I'm sorry you all have to go through this!...but about the counselor thing...I've gone to at least a family counselor/therapist for most of my life...and it really helps me! ...I know it may sound to you like, "Oh, I'm going to a shrink! Something's wrong with me!" When, hey, there's something wrong with everybody.
Lovee,
Kitty
Good Luck! Maybe we can all work together (in spirit and mind) to stop our habits...the whole will power thing helps me with pulling my nails off...

by <3kckitty3 on 5/12/2011 11:03:18 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod!
Ok so I can't stop cracking my knuckles! My mom Said that it's really bad for you. What should I do!!!!!!!

Hey girl, set a goal and give yourself a reward for carrying through with it. For example, start by going one day without cracking them and then give yourself a treat. Build up to longer periods of time to condition yourself/break the habit.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by katykat3000 on 5/12/2011 10:44:47 PM

MOD! MOD!!
Ok so theres this girl that I used to be really close to but now were just kind of distant acquintances, but we still eat at the same table at lunch. Anyways, I'm really worried about her because a couple days ago at lunch, she seemed really depressed and took seven tylenol in a matter of four hours. Then jokingly the next day, she was like I wanted to kill myself because I thought it would be fun. She's one of these people who jokes about everything and tries to get peoples attention and nevers shows emotion. Oh and also today she came to lunch crying and said that shed been talking to the counseler all morning because a kid was bullying her. What should I do????? i want to tell the counseler that she seemed sucidal but I don't feel like its my place so should I???? Sorry its really long!!

Hey girl, I think it's definitely your place to share what you saw with the Tylenol. You're doing this because you care. Don't ever be afraid to speak up because the one time you don't could be the one time something horrible happens that could've been prevented.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by theatreluver26 on 5/12/2011 10:00:30 PM

that sounds tough.

by greekprincess98 on 5/12/2011 9:24:47 PM

mod mod mod mod
ok so just say i failed a test, then to make myself sure that i didnt, i do something like idk sometimes fill in the all of the holes on a sheet of paper that has writing on it. is that something rong with me???

Hey girl, it sounds like you were just taking your anger out and in that case, it's better on a thing than person. It's perfectly natural to be upset; just be sure to take that emotion out in productive ways (like studying the material a little harder so next time around you'll ace it).

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by oceanlover69 on 5/12/2011 9:16:23 PM

I have this to! I pull out my eyelashes :/

by JBfan97 on 5/12/2011 8:36:54 PM

ohmygod! i do that but not nearly as often. hope you can get over this disorder! going to therapy and being busy helped

by bkl190 on 5/12/2011 7:27:03 PM

I reccomend just carrying around a piece of yarn. Pull on it instead of your hair Smile

by purpleblack12 on 5/12/2011 7:23:04 PM

Oh my gosh, girl! I had that for 2 years, last year and the year before! What helped me was that I found out where the spots I was most likely to pull my hair and eyelashes and I always wore a hat and my glasses when I was in those places. I used to go to a counselor but it didn't help much for me, but it may help you! I'd recommend making sure your friends know so they can stop you! I told my friends that that was what really helped me! I ultimately have stopped from the support of my friends and family! I got them all to swat my hand anytime they saw me pulling! Try to stop as soon as possible, my hair is still very short and thin after a year of not pulling and it is really bothering me! Also, my eyelashes actually came back longer, but not nearly as thick. They are very thin and not filled out. Stop as soon as you can! I can help you if you need! Also, what helped me was my parents gave me rewards for every month I didn't pull! Maybe that will help you!

by Kate-E Mae on 5/12/2011 5:27:34 PM

Oh my gosh, I have that! I used to go to therapy and group therapy with other girls. I pulled out my eyebrows and my eyelashes, and it was awful. Everyone made fun of me. Luckily, I grew it all back by 7th grade. They're still not as thick or as long as before, but that's fine. And btw: it doesn't just go away, you can only learn to deal with it. At this point, I'm so scared of losing my eyebrows again that I just don't pull. I was always so sensitive when anyone brought it up to me, and I still am now. But I'm glad that GL has an article about it now. Thanks <3 And also, some people might joke about it or find this comment sounding weird or silly, but it's really not. It was an awful period in my life, but I've learned to deal. I still pull ocassionally, but nothing awful. The only problem is that now, instead of pulling hair when I'm stressed, I cut sometimes. Nothing bad, but I don't like that about myself.

by GoldenGirl113 on 5/12/2011 5:01:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! At my middle school, one of my REALLY good friends said that the only way that guys will like girls is when they have a good butt and big boobs. But I just want 2 know if a guy likes me.. it's killing me... i would ask a guy out, but my mom would kill me (i am only 13) what should i do? thanks! srry i was confusing! Smile

Hey girlie! A good guy likes a girl based on her personality, not her body Smile Nonetheless, check out this article on how to tell if he's int you:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/09/16/advice-love-crush-dating.aspx Smile

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by amazing5998 on 5/12/2011 4:52:18 PM

Please check out my clubs Hawaii Five-0 Fan Club and Spy Girls!

by taylorswiftfan1236 on 5/12/2011 4:13:50 PM

I hope you get over you disorder soon!
Anyway, Hey girls! Join my advice queen page for girls who's seeking for advice! We currently have 18 members and trying to reach 20! Of course, don't fret! No question is too weird, dumb, and embarrassing to ask! Smile -Shenis

by Ladyshen on 5/12/2011 10:18:30 AM