AN HOUR AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

4 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

5 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

Scoop up a sweet ice cream social

Nothing goes with spring’s warm weather quite as well as a scoop (or three) of ice cream. So why not serve some up and celebrate the season with your buds at the same time?

mod mod mod ok hi Smile hehe so i have a problem...all my friends have had boyfriends. everyones trying to hook me up with guys including my DAD my own FATHER! guys like me but there all...weird. i think i could date them but i want my first relationship to be special. my brother and his girlfriend met in preschool and have been together sence. i guess im just afraid of getting hurt. i want to step out of my shell but i dont know how.

Hey chica, I think your best bet is to just take it slow.  Talk to lots of guys - in class, in your extracurriculars - but don't feel like you have to have a boyfriend right now.  As you get more comfortable with guys, eventually you will meets some you want to be friends with.... and one you want to be your boyfriend. Smile

Marie H.

by luvdance13 on 5/16/2011 8:25:58 PM

mod mod mod
so my parents have a man who does our taxes. hes like 65 so hes kinda old and i am NOT the kind of person whos afraid of old people i like them and feel bad for them sometimes. so he made a mistake and my mom had to fire him Frown i know its his fault and theres nothing i can do about it but i feel soooo bad for him. what if hes crying right now??? probably not, but i am the type of person who really cares for peoples feelings, especially old people. HELP!!! i didnt really know him but ive met him and i feel so bad!!!

Hey girlie -- there's not much you can do since he has been fired

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by oceanlover69 on 5/13/2011 8:03:27 PM

I love ice cream!!
though don't us girls have to worry about the bad things ice cream can cause, like fatness?

by i_luv_devin on 5/13/2011 12:36:43 AM

Before I went to middle(wow that seems really long ago) we had an ice cream social. It was actually pretty fun!

by topchef88 on 5/12/2011 10:14:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! Ok so you have to help me!! I like this boy and he said he likes me too. We talk everyday but now we've just stopped, he doesnt even try to talk to me. He just always talks to this other girl..lets call her "Amy". He always find a way to talk to "Amy" but never to me, I asked him does he like her, but he says no..when I try to talk to him he doesnt listen, so what should I do?

Hey girlie -- you should ask him about what has happened between you two. Explain to him that you feel as though things have changed and you were simply curious as to why.

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by iAwesome! on 5/12/2011 8:18:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD helppp!! so last night i got into a fight with my crush Frown and i keep telling myself that i need to get over him but i cant! i really like him and i've waited for him for so long i don't want it to be a waste. he made me really mad and im pretty sure hes mad at me. i keep telling myself not to text him but i want to. what should i do? not talk to him? text him?

Hey girlie -- there's nothing wrong with being the bigger person. Give him some time to cool off and then talk to him.

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by declaration on 5/12/2011 8:06:41 PM

mod mod mod okay so there's this one guy that i kinda like and i thought he liked me back but i asked someone else to ask him and that person said something like "do you like (inserts my name here)?" and the guy i like asked who wanted to know and the other guy told him i wanted to know and the guy i liked started punching him (not hard), which seems kinda suspicious, and makes it seem like he likes me. but then he said that he likes someone from his church. but he always tries to get my attention in stupidly funny ways, like calling me eugene and making jokes and then looking my way to see if i noticed. i also catch him staring intently at me sometimes. so now im confused whether he likes me or not. what do you think?? oh and is there any way i can change my username? its not letting me do it when i try to edit my account.

Hey girlie -- check out this article to see if he's really into you: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/09/16/advice-love-crush-dating.aspx As far as changing your username, there may be a glitch in the system. Try again in a few hours Smile

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by ankitsa124 on 5/12/2011 7:42:58 PM

i love ice cream socials. my class once got one sponsered and supplied by Carvel. OMG it was soooooo good.

by star53 on 5/12/2011 6:51:49 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD
Help! So I just got my first "." and everything is going fine, except one thing... It's summer!
I just started and I don't feel ready enough to use a tampon, but how am I going to swim? Do I have any other options?
Thanks!

Hey girl,

Being on your period in the summer is the worst. However, using a tampon is the easiest way to enjoy summer activities like swimming. Tampons are not scary, I promise! Here is an article about getting your period and using tampons over spring break, and the nice weather http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/03/08/Spring-break-period-probs.aspx

danielle D.

danielle D.

by rosietoes4ever on 5/12/2011 3:52:15 PM

mod mod mod i subscribe to GL. when should i get the june/july issue???????

You should be getting the june/july issue veryyy soon! Either this week or next week!

kara g.