1 HOURS AGO Hang w/GL on Aug 5 & get schooled on all things #internships! It's all goin' down at #InternQueenParty DC—RSVP here: http://t.co/zQLnlxChbp

2 HOURS AGO The danger of displaced anger: http://t.co/pbmsghrg2a

3 HOURS AGO Hashtag DYING over @r5's new EP—click here to find out why: http://t.co/arnKBGj9ma

COMMENTS

Training bras 101

From getting measured to picking the perfect fit, we’re answering all of your bra-buying questions…

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Please help! Every girl in my grade wears a bra, and i dont. Alot of them are
Flatter than me, i think i have boobs.. i have pretty big bumps i guess. I wear thisg
Training bra thing. But "it" still shows through, so i took the out the padding
Of one of my bathing suits and wear it under . But still doesn't give me any umph
I personally think i need a bra! But my mom andmy cousin always says i have no boobs.
How do i get my mom to buy me a bra? Im scared to ask! Please help!!

Hey!  ask your mom again, and if she says you don't need one, say it will help your self confidence and that you will need one soon. good luck!

Helen S.

by hey_you on 2/9/2013 4:27:55 PM

MOD!
Hey!, so I'm a 32A and 12yrs old, I've bought a training bra last year for the second time and I was wondering of its time and appropriate for me to get a padded one. Lastly how can I ask my mom to get one for me?
Thnx!!!!!

Hey girl! If you're feeling like it may not be fitting properly anymore, it's probably time to spring for a new one. It can be kind of awkward and uncomfortable to ask your mom about this stuff, but remember she can be your greatest source of info in these situations. Remember, she was a girl your age once too and she's been perfecting it for a while now. She knows all the tricks of the trade! Good luck!

xoxo
Taeler L.

by APlovesJB on 12/7/2012 9:59:18 PM

Mod Mod Mod I really need some help! I am a 32b but my mom forces me to only wear training bras and says padded bras are for grown ups. Its not fair since everyone I know wears padded bras apart from the immature kids. I just want to have cup bras like everyone else and training bras my mom bought are too tight and hurt my boobs.

Hey girl!  Maybe you can compromise with your mom, how about considering thinly padded bras?  Tell her that you are very uncomfortable in the bras you own now and I'm sure she'll listen.  Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by sasarahsept on 7/12/2012 4:36:09 PM

I'm 13, and I wear about C cup size. But I don't wear a bra, though! (I know my cup size 'cause my mom gave me this American Girl book about puberty when I started my period. There is a section in it about bras, and I used the chart to figure out what size I am.) It's not that I don't want to wear a bra, because, believe me, I do. I play softball, and my boobs are constantly bouncing around. It hurts! I don't wear a bra because my mom hasn't given me one. My boobs are huge, so why won't she buy me some? I've tried to ask her to take me to get some, but every time I try, I get über-nervous and chicken out. I don't know why I get scared, because I know she's been there before. What's wrong with me?! What should I do?
Help.):
Chloe

by Graciegang on 5/18/2012 12:40:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD can ur parents see wat u post on ur phone?

Hey babe,

What you post on your phone as in text messages?  On phone bills, they can see the number you texted/photo messaged and the date and time.  As far as I know they can't see the actual message.
Jordan S.

by Hannahvball on 5/7/2012 5:56:08 PM

I remember myfirst bra

by merrymerry22 on 1/26/2012 7:32:10 PM

how do i ask my mom about getting my first bra since she also said that i needed one a few days ago.
one more thing where can i get cute,cheap,and comfy training bras?

by musicgurl111 on 12/22/2011 9:32:18 AM

Mod please help! I'm 13 and I wear training and sports bras. All of my friends wear cup bras and I think I can start wearing them too. I texted my mom and asked her if I could get new bras because mine were old. She ignored my text and changed the subject. I'm too scared to ask her to her face. Should I go buy one with my friends?

Hey girlie,

Do what you're comfy with! If you want mom along for support and advice, then ask her in person. Don't force it or get defensive - just be honest. "Mom, I think I'm old enough and kinda 'big' enough in the chest that I need a little more support, so I'd like to shop around for a good deal on a cup bra." Don't bring up your friends - the "everybody has one!" angle won't work here. But if you'd rather shop with your friends and spend your own money on the bra, go for it! Then just let mom know when you get home that you bought one Smile
Lauren C.

by Heisey427 on 10/13/2011 6:40:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have absoultly no boobs at all my mom says i dont need one because i know i dont need one but i wear like super padded 1s because i have to have confidence causwe when i dont wear a padded bra i consider myself ugly and hate my body........help!!!!!!!!
EM

Hey EM,

Try saving up your own money so mom doesn't feel forced to buy you one. That way, it's your own choice! Explain to her that you know you don't need a bra because your boobs aren't there, and it isn't even that "everyone else is doing it," but it's because you feel better, walk taller, and act more confident/out-going when you feel good about yourself. And if a simple thing like buying a bra helps you do that...it doesn't seem like too big of a deal Smile If you present it to mom this way, it might help her see things from your perspective!
Lauren C.

by omegirl on 10/1/2011 11:44:06 PM

i want a training but im scared to ask my parents

by Nicole556 on 9/30/2011 10:06:29 PM