4 HOURS AGO All I want for Christmas is...

6 HOURS AGO Watching @megannicole's new music video #Fever and it's 🔥🔥🔥! Have you seen it ye

7 HOURS AGO TONIGHT! Pretty Little Liars goes #5YearsForward 🙀🙀�

Training bras 101

From getting measured to picking the perfect fit, we’re answering all of your bra-buying questions…

MOD MOD MOD How many bras do you think a person should have. Also, how ofter do you think you should wash them? Thanks Smile

Hey chica!  There's not a specific number that a girl "should" have.  I think of it in terms of having bras that I need for different things - one strapless one, a few for working out, and a few other regular ones in different colors.  That's a really good question - I'm not sure exactly what's right as far as washing them!  Sports bras, or ones that you get sweaty, should be washed after one use.  Others you can probably wear a couple times before washing.  xoxo

Marie H.

by loveforever21 on 5/15/2011 3:52:15 PM

I really hate my boobs, I'm a 32AA and my little sister is bigger than I am! I always feel like my boobs should be bigger and I wish they were, should I get a pushup bra to give me a little... um.... umph, or should I just stick with what I have. Do they even make pushup bras that size? Or what kind of bra would you suggest??? Thanks in advance!

Helen S.

by musicgrl98 on 5/14/2011 10:04:31 PM

I was so weirded out too when I started wearing a bra. I dont know why because now I dont but it must be because we go from not wearing one to wearing one and having guys look at us differently and we look at them differently to. That has to be it. Puberty does weird things to our bodies and our minds and it takes getting used to.

by luckykel on 5/14/2011 9:45:24 PM

ok so im ten years old in the 5th grade and wear a padded training bra. when do you think that i will grow into cup bras. my friend already wears a 36A and it makes me feel awkward when she sleeps over because she wears one and i dont. she says i will probably grow into one in 6th grade but i cant really take it from her because she doesnt seem to know for sure. thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

hey girlie!

there is definitely no rush in transitioning to a cup bra--trust me, you're body will grow in its own time, and you'll be wearing cupped bras for the rest of your life anyway! So just be patient during this time of growth--and don't worry too much about it.  You'll know you need to switch bras when you feel your body changing, and you'll feel that the training bra just doesn't provide enough support. So be patient--the time will surely come! Smile
Ruth S.

by waffles4eva! on 5/14/2011 3:09:28 PM

Hey! So I went to VS PINK last, like, September, and none of the bras would fit me!!! I have a small chest, and the lady said, " Um, why don't you come back in 6 months." Hahahaha it was hilarious. But I am wondering if you know of any "cool" places to get a bra that will fit!

Hey girlie! while you may never think it, Walmart has some really cute bras (my sister has leopard print ones, polka dot ones, etc and loves them) Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by bbacchus97 on 5/13/2011 11:36:44 PM

i have been wearing a bra since the 4th grade, but it was just because i felt like i needed one. If your not ready for one then don't get one, unless you really need it

by Kristin95 on 5/13/2011 9:42:54 PM

i wear a bra with cups even though i dont really need the support it just gives me more coverage than a cami or a training bra. is this ok?

Perfectly fine.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by toadie101 on 5/13/2011 9:03:11 PM

My friends keep telling me that sleeping with your bra on could give you breast cancer. I automatically cast that away as ridiculous, but I can't help getting worried anyway. What's the deal with that? It isn't true, right?

Hey girlie -- no, it is not true Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by GoldenGirl113 on 5/13/2011 9:02:56 PM

I am outgrowing my training bras and i have 1 real bra that fits me pretty well now. i want to talk to my mom about getting bigger bras but its alwats really awkward talking to her about it. she either lectures me about puberty or teases me about it (in a loving way, of course). i really need new bras but i dont know how to get past the embarassment. please help.

Hey girlie -- you should sit her down and tell her about your current situation (not having well fitting bras) and ask her if the two of you could go bra shopping. When it comes to the embarrassment, you could even try mentioning it to her Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by nevierose on 5/13/2011 7:52:20 PM

Mod Mod
I havent hit puberty yet.. and i weir a bra is that okay.?

hey! yes that's totally fine Smile
Helen S.

by abbygirl12 on 5/13/2011 6:55:57 PM

Have a huge test today? Sneak some gum to chew during class. It will help relieve stress and boost brainpower.
What do you do to study?

When you swallow chewing gum, it takes seven years to digest.

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!