3 HOURS AGO Are you and your BFFL too much alike!? Take the #quiz, and see if you're stuck in the clone zone: http://t.co/BpmROLyNcN

4 HOURS AGO Sneak a peek at your future in this week's horoscopes: http://t.co/9XlQA9FGQg

5 HOURS AGO Celebs aren't the only ones who can get away with tights and shorts: http://t.co/MGug4WMOI1

COMMENTS

Do early bloomers run in the family?

My mom got her period when she was young. Does that mean I will, too?

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got my first period yesterday and im bleeding REALLY bad and i would be fine that... except for the fact that i almost puke when i see blood and then i start to cry i know is crazy but i need some advise

Hey chica! The good news is, you get pretty used to it.  Try not to think about it as blood- you aren't bleeding from a cut, so try and seperate that in your mind.  Focus on something else and take deep breaths whenever you have to change your pad or tampon and pretty soon, you won't even be phased by it.  xoxo

Kate G.

by miss.mistletoe on 8/26/2013 10:24:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!when you first start your period is it heavy enough to bleed through you pants and before you start does your discharge change colour

Hey girlie, it varies, but usually your period is pretty light when you first get it. It could bleed through your pants if it give it a couple hours to do so. Your discharge doesn't change color. You'll just get your period.

Lauren T.

by styleislife on 8/19/2013 6:39:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! yesterday I had a pain in my lower stomach. my gram said it was just a cramp. I have mood swings. headaches and cramps. I forget things. she finally came out and said im getting my period. i gained some weight(70-80). my breasts are sore. discharge for to years. then she said my period is close. what do i do. she said maybe in 2 months. school starts then. what if it happens in school?!

Hey girlie! If it happens at school, the best thing you can do it be prepared! Have a tampon, a pad, and a pantyliner in your locker in case it comes unexpectedly.  You might want to avoid the white shorts and skirts at school if you're really worried about it.  Try having an extra pair of jeans in case it catches you really off guard. xoxo

Kate G.

by Alexa:) on 7/19/2013 12:58:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! I don't have my period but I have signs. I get really cranky( like I always want to be write). I get headaches and cramps. i forget things. I have pudic hair( down south and arm pit). ive had discharge for 2 years. my breasts are sore. I don't know when my mom got hers(she didn't talk about it much).

Hey chica! All of these are signs that your hormones are putting you through puberty.  You might not get your period for awhile, or you might get it soon.  In the meantime, try and take a deep breath when you feel yourself starting to get cranky and keep some ibuprofen on hand (with your parents' permission) for your cramps, headaches, and soreness.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Alexa:) on 7/19/2013 12:42:59 PM

Mod
Since I've had a lot of discharge and I get cramps does it mean I will get my period soon? I'm almost 13 and since I haven't gotten my period yet I'm confused. My mom side started early as 8 and my dad's side started as late as 18. Does that mean I'm going to get my period late if I'm about the same body type as my dad's side?
Thanks

Hey girlie,

Those may be signs
that your period is coming, but there’s really not a surefire way to tell for
sure. And your bod might be totally different from your relatives’, so I wouldn’t
compare yourself to your family members and when they got their periods! If you
want a better estimate of when yours might come, you could talk to your doc
about your symptoms to get a pro opinion.

Meghan D.

by APlovesJB on 7/4/2013 11:42:39 PM

Mod For the past two days my discharge is different. Yesterday I was wearing a panty liner and it was yellow. Today it was white and thick. Is this normal? Also it's been really red and itchy down there for the past week. Anything that can help the itch? Also I've been having bad cramps what's up with that? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

As far as discharge,
I think that sounds normal, but if you’ve got a rash and are itchy, I would
talk to your mom about seeing a doc to make sure you don’t have a yeast
infection or something similar (and if you do, it’s TOTALLY treatable!). Cramps
are also normal with your period, and you can talk to your parents about taking
ibuprofen or a similar medicine during your period to lessen the pain!

Meghan D.

by APlovesJB on 7/4/2013 10:57:05 PM

Mod mod mod I have discharge and i dont know how or when 2 tell my mom. I had it for 2 months now and i realyy dont know!! PLZ HELP!

Hey GL girl! Don't worry about it- it's a normal part of puberty! And your mom's been through it before, so she's a great person to go to advice for. If you're really uncomforatable going to her, GL can help! Here's a link to help you out:

-L

L--

ElizabethGwenn

by Mollyloves_26 on 6/26/2013 2:53:13 PM

I'm emberassed but almost a week ago me and my boyfriend had sex. We used a condom.
Yeah. I'm
not proud of either. But it just happened. I'm afraid I might be pregnant. I need advice help anything! I'm so scared. How do I tell my mom. Dad is going to freak out. Im just really scared and confused.

Hey girlie,

Make sure you're fully prepared for anything that could happen before you have sex, okay! If you can't handle the worst possibly happening then maybe you're not ready.  If you're that worried then go buy a pregnancy test or Plan B from a local pharmacy.  You would notice symptoms, otherwise it's mostly your nervousness and panic reaction, in which case I would stress once more that maybe you're not ready yet.  You'd miss a period, experience discomfort and general stomach unhappiness, etc.  Overall, your body would be acting very strange.
Jordan S.

by _mahomieforlife on 6/25/2013 11:25:31 PM

I don't understand why girls want their period. Its awful to have it! i get lots of cramps and mine get really heavy and its disgusting and uncomfortable. Any one who doesnt have it is so lucky! i got first in 6th grade! its awful!!!!

by katiekakes8 on 6/25/2013 12:20:44 PM

so well...im more of a late bloomer and well i'm 13 years old i wear a 32AA bra and i swear i just got my period! I'm scared cuz i;m still realy "small" and i don't know how to tell my mom cuz well..idk. but this Is the story. I had been having some heavy discharge now and then and yesterday when i wiped thr would be like pink splotches and i thought it was nothing(oh and i've also been really moody this week) then this morning my waist hurt and i thought i just realy had to go to the bathroom it was probally a cramp but since i've never goton one i didn't know. so i went to th bathroom and thr was blood in my underwear and my discharge was red!!! What should i do???

Hey girl,

You just gotta snag your mom aside and let her know. She'll be happy to help! And then you'll be prepped with pads and tampons. Here's a GL article for more advice about your body changing: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/02/02/period-puberty-advice.aspx

xo