11 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

12 HOURS AGO A clean closet = a happy closet. A happy closet = tons of awesome outfits. Here's your plan: http://t.co/hwsRJ4DMlC

13 HOURS AGO Fashionable nails that – wait a minute—yep, have to do with school: http://t.co/OpeFgHDtgG

COMMENTS

Do early bloomers run in the family?

My mom got her period when she was young. Does that mean I will, too?

Dear Mod
these days am having some really heavy discharge and bad cramps does that means am going to have my period soon ???

Hey girlie, so those are both two signs that your period might be on its way. Just try to be prepared and have tampons or pads ready. xx
Jess D.

by chacha_mochacha12 on 6/21/2013 11:28:14 AM

My doctor said I would get my period in about a year. Does that mean I could get it before then? Thanks!

Hey girlie, there is a definitely a possibility that you could get it before then, but I would trust your doctor. He or she knows what they're talking about. xx
Jess D.

by Girlslifegirl5155 on 6/21/2013 9:24:09 AM

Dear Mod
these days am kinda having some heavy discharge and bad cramps i have headaches .... but i dnt get this mood swinging thing wht does mood swinging means
thanx Smile

Hey! It means maybe one morning you feel fine, and then later that day you feel easily irritated or depressed, but then you recover quickly again, swinging between different moods. hope this helps!

Helen S.

by chacha_mochacha12 on 6/20/2013 5:24:44 PM

Ummm why do you people want to get your period??? Trust me you don't want it. It's horrible!!!!

by Cristina purple on 6/20/2013 11:39:48 AM

so I've had my period for around a year now, but they're so irregular! Like it was 41 days in between, then 15, then 13, then 28 and i don't whats coming next! I there any way to make more regular so it's easier to tell when ill get it?

Hey chica! A year of periods may seem like forever, but your body is still adjusting to this new process. With time, you'll most likely start to have your time of the month at the same time. But if you're really concerned, you can always ask your doc for advice. In the meantime, keep a little pack of period protection with ya wherever you go.

xo
Julie H.

by aleadawn on 6/20/2013 9:55:34 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
lately I've been so stressed out. I feel like everything in my life is going wrong, my parents are divorcing, I'm barely passing my classes in school because I can't concentrate on my homework when all I hear is my parents yelling and snapping at each other. My friends and I are fighting, because they're mad that I don't spend time with them, I normally do but not lately cause I have so much overdue homework and projects and studying for re-tests. Sometimes I feel like taking a break and just chilling for like a day or two, but there is never anytime, I have to chores and laundry. Help please

Hey girl,

If you're feeling overwhelmed and are worried about things like your friends and your parents' divorce, I would talk to a trusted adult or guidance counselor--they can help you get things straightened out! If you're worried about your classes, I would talk to your teachers about extra credit and study skills to make sure you are doing the best you can. Try making a schedule of what you have to do so that you can plan a time to relax!

Meghan D.

by fantastic8805 on 10/27/2012 12:35:39 AM

1. How old are you? 12
2. What's your bra size? 34A
3. Do you have your .? No but it's right around the corner
4. Pads or Tampons? Pads
5. Do you shave? No, I'm nervous to ask my mom if I can
7. Do most of your friends have their periods? no
8. Are you a late bloomer or early? early

by iheartomer on 8/7/2011 10:06:33 PM

mod mod mod
hi! i hav kind of a wierd question, i googled if green tea helps your energy, and instead of that, it came up that green tea makes ur 1st period come sooner, i dont hav mine yet, but my sis ALWAYS drinks it, and she got hers wen she was like 10 or 11, i went on answers.com and apparently a bunch of girls got theirs early and they all drank green tea,wwood it be bad for your health if the only reason u get ur period is becuz there is sum wierd chemical in a drink, becuz i like green tea, but i dont rllly want my period to come with it

Hey girl,

Green tea is a natural drink, so it's actually very good for you and you should keep drinking it if you like it. If it does have an effect on your period, it's probably only a small one, and your period will come more based on your genetics than that. x0x0
Casey L.

by guitargirl7321 on 7/13/2011 4:48:44 PM

MODMODMODMOD
OK so ive heard from several sources that you get your period around 100 pounds. well im 11 5'0 125 pounds! I also had breast buds at like 8. why isnt my period here yet?

Hey girl,

It's really hard to tell when you're gonna get your period because everyone's different. Sometimes it depends on weight, and sometimes it depends on genetics, like when your mom got it. The best thing to do is to be patient and make sure you have pads or tampons prepared for when it finally does come! x0x0
Casey L.

by lizziefizzie on 7/12/2011 3:32:55 PM

My mom and sister both got their period around 14... When do you think I'll get mine?

Hey babe,

Sometimes periods line up with when our moms/grandmoms/sisters got them but, really, your bod is your own - it's impossible to predict, even based on that! Girls get their periods anywhere from 9 years old to 18 years old, so just try to be patient. But remember to be prepared with a pad at home and in your purse...just in case Smile
Lauren C.