16 MINUTES AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 chatterbox soars with Samsung's Galaxy S5 in Shimmery White: http://t.co/A0Dzja3yp2

AN HOUR AGO 5 ways to get your Turkey Day workout in: http://t.co/4KxjLoxUvI

13 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

COMMENTS

Do early bloomers run in the family?

My mom got her period when she was young. Does that mean I will, too?

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I got my monthly period a couple days ago, but instead of the blood being red like always, its been more brown colored then red. Also its always been pretty heavy, but now its not so much. My period has always been irregular but these past two months its starting to get to a normal thirty day cycle. Is this normal??? Thank you so much!

Hey girl, the brown means the blood is dried. Your period sounds fine though! Just be sure to use pads or tampons even few hours.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Rosalie1996 on 7/7/2011 11:38:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD! ok i have one queston, my discharge has been really werid latly its white and on my underwear it drys up white but i can feel it coming out somtimes its like a wet feeling so thats how i know i have to change but is it normal for it to be like that oh and it dosnt smell Laughing

Hey babe. It sounds like nothing to worry about! Here's some info on discharge: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/09/discharge-details.aspx

mary h.

by mozilla10 on 7/6/2011 6:56:57 AM

Mods! Hey, so I've had my period for a yr and a half, and today when I went to the bathroom there was some blood when on the toliet paper. But I just ended my last period on the 21st.. And it usually doesn't come this early. But everytime so far I've gone to the bathroom there really hasn't been any blood or pink, I've got volleyball games tonight and tomorrow and weight lifting in the a.m. I only have 1 super and 1 reg tampon left, I'll get more tomorrow, but A) should I wear a tampon tonight and tomorrow and B) which one should I wear tonigt? (I though the reg so if it gets heavier have a more absorbent one for tomorrow...?)
Please help!
Thanks,
Catherine

If there is no bleeding, do not wear a tampon; wear a pad until the flow is consistent

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by selena_wiz_lover on 7/5/2011 4:14:44 PM

I have had my period for almost 3 days now,and my mom said it will pretty much only lasts for 2 or 3 days.It shows no sign of slowing up,and Im re-thinking what my mom said.How long does my period lasts a month.I heard a week,and then what my mom said.Who should I believe?

Hey girlie,

Mom's period might only last 2-3 days, but periods actually can last anywhere from 2-7 days depending on the girl. (Plus a day or two at the beginning/end of light spotting.) Yours could just naturally be a bit longer! It's nothing to worry about Smile If it lasts longer than about 9 days though, give your doc a call just to make sure everything's fine.
Lauren C.

by mathgeek221 on 7/4/2011 3:13:13 PM

Okay? So why do all these little girls want their period? &nd it amazes me how much of them worry about it. But when I was ten and got mine it was on my birthday, in July so I was at home, went and told my mom and I was good to go. But periods suckk, like who wants 4 days of cramping, bloating, being grumpy?! They're very inconvenient. But I've been pretty luckyy. Mine have always been regular. Unlike my cousins one had her 1st one for 3 months long! And the other has something where she throws up every time she has hers and she's 19 and has done that since she was in 6th grade! =) If you need any advice on periods and othe girl stuff ask me! I've been through it all first one in my grade to get it, guys all going crazy, boyfriends, helping my friends when they get em at school I've always got stuff!

by DaylonRaye on 7/1/2011 12:26:19 PM

Hey, my mom said that i will get my period soon because all of my miles stones in life happened before my sister like she had a milestone when she was 2 i would have it when i was 1 and a half is it true that i will start soon? thanks

by girlfan1 on 6/30/2011 11:23:06 PM

My grandma found out that I got my period, and now its REALLY awkward to be around her because I'm her only granddaughter out of 8 grandsons. My mom said its nothing to be embarrassed about. How do I deal? Please Help!
Delaney

Hey girl, it's nothing to be embarrassed about; your mother is right. Don't worry about it and just continue being yourself. Nothing has changed even though it may feel like it. You're still the same granddaughter she loves. You're just one step closer to growing up, and she understands that.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by JBfan97 on 6/30/2011 9:49:27 PM

modmodmod
ok i am 10 years old i think i might start my period soon. here are sonme facts;
I started wearing a bra at age 8
ive had armpit and pubic hair for 2 months
ive been having alot of stomach pains and gas lately
i had my first breakout a week ago
i have been really really moody lately and being rude to lots of innocent peeps Frown
do you think I will get it soon? If so, how soon? A year? A month? A day?
thx

Hey girl,

It's really hard to tell because everyone's different, so it's hard to tell exactly when you're gonna get it. Just remember to be prepared with tampons and pads! x0x0
Casey L.

by lizziefizzie on 6/30/2011 2:10:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm 13. I really don't want my period, because i know it will hurt, but then again, at least i will know if im normal. I'm thirteen+still haven't had my 1st period yet. ALL my friends have started, exept one. And i'm starting to worry a little, because, i have been getting white/clear discharge for over 2 years. Is this normal? I've been wearing thin little pantiliners in my underwear to absorb the discharge. And i think i might have spotting? Because i saw these little red/brown dots on the pantiliner when i looked @ it.
Is it possible for a girl not to get her 1st period? I'm freaking out. (btw, i have had pubic hair since grade 4, and i am now in grade 8... And yea... i've had discharge since like grade 5 or 6... And i started developping breasts like a year ago...)
Please help! Thx so much. ;)

Hey girl,

Everyone gets their period at different times, and some girls don't get it until they're 16. So, you just have to be patient, and carry around tampons or pads so that you're prepared for when you DO get it. x0x0
Casey L.

by Annah1998 on 6/30/2011 2:02:08 PM

MOD!
When your having your period, is it normal to see blood when you go #2? Thanks!

Hey girl,

If there is blood coming out of your other hole, it's important to see a doctor. But when you wipe, you could think that blood's actually coming out of the other hole when it's really coming out of your vagina. It's normal to pee a little when you go #2, so that could be where the blood's coming from. x0x0
Casey L.