AN HOUR AGO 5 book babes who had #awesomesauce summer jobs: http://t.co/fbg3ePO9v9

2 HOURS AGO @thegivermovie-inspired nail polish? Uhhh, yes please: http://t.co/uJ8yvZixZz

2 HOURS AGO We wanna know how you feel about smoking! Take the survey here: http://t.co/Yzh3fCJSPk

COMMENTS

Do early bloomers run in the family?

My mom got her period when she was young. Does that mean I will, too?

mod mod mod mod mod MOD!...
My sisters both got there period at 12 ( but they have a different dad ) I'm 12. My mom was 15. Does them having a different dad affect me of not having my period at 12? Or will I just follow my mom?
Thank you Mods your a big help!

hey! genes have an effect but it can't be narrowed down to a factor like a different parent. everyone's different so there's no way to know for sure when you'll get yours. you just gotta wait Smile
Helen S.

by LoveHappens on 5/27/2011 7:50:03 PM

well, periods can be horribl ebut at the sam etime its not so bad... its horrible because you have bloody underwear, have to get used to a pad or tampon and the worst is that when you go swimming.. well you get the point. but its also a good thing because its cleaning your body and proves that you are becoming an adult.. but ts deffintatly not somthing to wish for or agonize over it

by taylorrrr17 on 5/27/2011 5:59:01 PM

MOD IM 12 and i already had my period but my friends have not yet and i think its not fair that none of my friends had had theirs yet

Hey girlie. Most girls wish they were in your shoes. Everyone gets their period in their own time. Just be happy that you know what it's like and can offer advice to your friends who haven't had theirs yet.
Marly Z.

by textingdiva on 5/25/2011 5:17:04 PM

mod!
so today i felt a big gush of discharge but it was all stringy but it didnt stink...and it was clear like normal..ive had discharge for over a year but dont have my period...what does that mean??????????????????? Lauren C.

by malibu96 on 5/23/2011 9:43:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok,so I'm 11 and have had discharge and spotting before.When do you think I should get my period?I'm not asking for exact dates but something like a month or so,a year,soon,not soon,etc.Thanks ahead of time! (Tong)

hey girlie,

Discharge and spotting are definitely signs that your period may be coming soon--I definitely can't pinpoint when, but my suggestion would just be to be prepared.  Carry pads and tampons with you just in case--and wear a pantiliners! You'll be prepared when it comes! Smile
Ruth S.

by cupcaker24 on 5/21/2011 9:41:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD! i am 14 .. i used to dance alot and i am not very big in bra size..everyone has stareted their monthy thing and i havent quite yet.. i know i am just a slow grower but its bothering me.. Frown

hey! don't worry you'll get there. it's annoying to deal with anyway

Helen S.

by Kara4 on 5/21/2011 4:23:13 PM

Periods are horrible. I didn't know what a period was until i got it. My mom never told me about it because she thoguht she would tell me about it until Robert crown came to our school in 5th grade. It was too late. I got it when i was 10 and it was horrible. me adn this other girl in the whole grade were the only girls who had it. I think 2 other girls got it in the 5th grade but i dont know now. At least you have knoweldge and you wont feel bad. I felt horrible and abnormal because all my friends didn't have to suffer and be depressed about it. Getting your period is really depressing and feels weird. Having blood come from "down there" is gross. its like your peeing without even trying. The pee just goes down and you cant control it. The pee isn't pee its blood thats kinda brown. Goodluck having to deal with bloody underwear (it sucks!)

by perfectpanda37 on 5/21/2011 12:46:30 AM

i'm enjoying not having my period yet! Who wants cramps, tampons/pads, the surprise, cramps, and crabbiness? NOT ME!

by hailbop16 on 5/20/2011 11:44:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD I've had pubic and underarm hair for a few years along with discharge. My mom got hers when she was in late 7th grade. I'm almost 9th grade and don't have it! Is there something wrong?

hey!  no, everyone's different but if you're really worried you should talk to your doctor. good luck!
Helen S.

by SaraJ on 5/20/2011 7:13:19 PM

my mom got hers at 15! im 12!!!! NO!!!!!!!! I WANT MY PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frown

by LoveHappens on 5/19/2011 7:51:01 PM