2 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

3 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

4 HOURS AGO These sandals are seriously the definition of "cheap chic" http://t.co/Lc1j7eRw6p

COMMENTS

Do early bloomers run in the family?

My mom got her period when she was young. Does that mean I will, too?

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got my first period yesterday and im bleeding REALLY bad and i would be fine that... except for the fact that i almost puke when i see blood and then i start to cry i know is crazy but i need some advise

Hey chica! The good news is, you get pretty used to it.  Try not to think about it as blood- you aren't bleeding from a cut, so try and seperate that in your mind.  Focus on something else and take deep breaths whenever you have to change your pad or tampon and pretty soon, you won't even be phased by it.  xoxo

Kate G.

by miss.mistletoe on 8/26/2013 10:24:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!when you first start your period is it heavy enough to bleed through you pants and before you start does your discharge change colour

Hey girlie, it varies, but usually your period is pretty light when you first get it. It could bleed through your pants if it give it a couple hours to do so. Your discharge doesn't change color. You'll just get your period.

Lauren T.

by styleislife on 8/19/2013 6:39:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! yesterday I had a pain in my lower stomach. my gram said it was just a cramp. I have mood swings. headaches and cramps. I forget things. she finally came out and said im getting my period. i gained some weight(70-80). my breasts are sore. discharge for to years. then she said my period is close. what do i do. she said maybe in 2 months. school starts then. what if it happens in school?!

Hey girlie! If it happens at school, the best thing you can do it be prepared! Have a tampon, a pad, and a pantyliner in your locker in case it comes unexpectedly.  You might want to avoid the white shorts and skirts at school if you're really worried about it.  Try having an extra pair of jeans in case it catches you really off guard. xoxo

Kate G.

by Alexa:) on 7/19/2013 12:58:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! I don't have my period but I have signs. I get really cranky( like I always want to be write). I get headaches and cramps. i forget things. I have pudic hair( down south and arm pit). ive had discharge for 2 years. my breasts are sore. I don't know when my mom got hers(she didn't talk about it much).

Hey chica! All of these are signs that your hormones are putting you through puberty.  You might not get your period for awhile, or you might get it soon.  In the meantime, try and take a deep breath when you feel yourself starting to get cranky and keep some ibuprofen on hand (with your parents' permission) for your cramps, headaches, and soreness.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Alexa:) on 7/19/2013 12:42:59 PM

Mod
Since I've had a lot of discharge and I get cramps does it mean I will get my period soon? I'm almost 13 and since I haven't gotten my period yet I'm confused. My mom side started early as 8 and my dad's side started as late as 18. Does that mean I'm going to get my period late if I'm about the same body type as my dad's side?
Thanks

Hey girlie,

Those may be signs
that your period is coming, but there’s really not a surefire way to tell for
sure. And your bod might be totally different from your relatives’, so I wouldn’t
compare yourself to your family members and when they got their periods! If you
want a better estimate of when yours might come, you could talk to your doc
about your symptoms to get a pro opinion.

Meghan D.

by APlovesJB on 7/4/2013 11:42:39 PM

Mod For the past two days my discharge is different. Yesterday I was wearing a panty liner and it was yellow. Today it was white and thick. Is this normal? Also it's been really red and itchy down there for the past week. Anything that can help the itch? Also I've been having bad cramps what's up with that? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

As far as discharge,
I think that sounds normal, but if you’ve got a rash and are itchy, I would
talk to your mom about seeing a doc to make sure you don’t have a yeast
infection or something similar (and if you do, it’s TOTALLY treatable!). Cramps
are also normal with your period, and you can talk to your parents about taking
ibuprofen or a similar medicine during your period to lessen the pain!

Meghan D.

by APlovesJB on 7/4/2013 10:57:05 PM

Mod mod mod I have discharge and i dont know how or when 2 tell my mom. I had it for 2 months now and i realyy dont know!! PLZ HELP!

Hey GL girl! Don't worry about it- it's a normal part of puberty! And your mom's been through it before, so she's a great person to go to advice for. If you're really uncomforatable going to her, GL can help! Here's a link to help you out:

-L

L--

ElizabethGwenn

by Mollyloves_26 on 6/26/2013 2:53:13 PM

I'm emberassed but almost a week ago me and my boyfriend had sex. We used a condom.
Yeah. I'm
not proud of either. But it just happened. I'm afraid I might be pregnant. I need advice help anything! I'm so scared. How do I tell my mom. Dad is going to freak out. Im just really scared and confused.

Hey girlie,

Make sure you're fully prepared for anything that could happen before you have sex, okay! If you can't handle the worst possibly happening then maybe you're not ready.  If you're that worried then go buy a pregnancy test or Plan B from a local pharmacy.  You would notice symptoms, otherwise it's mostly your nervousness and panic reaction, in which case I would stress once more that maybe you're not ready yet.  You'd miss a period, experience discomfort and general stomach unhappiness, etc.  Overall, your body would be acting very strange.
Jordan S.

by _mahomieforlife on 6/25/2013 11:25:31 PM

I don't understand why girls want their period. Its awful to have it! i get lots of cramps and mine get really heavy and its disgusting and uncomfortable. Any one who doesnt have it is so lucky! i got first in 6th grade! its awful!!!!

by katiekakes8 on 6/25/2013 12:20:44 PM

so well...im more of a late bloomer and well i'm 13 years old i wear a 32AA bra and i swear i just got my period! I'm scared cuz i;m still realy "small" and i don't know how to tell my mom cuz well..idk. but this Is the story. I had been having some heavy discharge now and then and yesterday when i wiped thr would be like pink splotches and i thought it was nothing(oh and i've also been really moody this week) then this morning my waist hurt and i thought i just realy had to go to the bathroom it was probally a cramp but since i've never goton one i didn't know. so i went to th bathroom and thr was blood in my underwear and my discharge was red!!! What should i do???

Hey girl,

You just gotta snag your mom aside and let her know. She'll be happy to help! And then you'll be prepped with pads and tampons. Here's a GL article for more advice about your body changing: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/02/02/period-puberty-advice.aspx

xo

Caroline C.

by NL281 on 6/25/2013 9:48:43 AM

Dear Mod
these days am having some really heavy discharge and bad cramps does that means am going to have my period soon ???

Hey girlie, so those are both two signs that your period might be on its way. Just try to be prepared and have tampons or pads ready. xx
Jess D.

by chacha_mochacha12 on 6/21/2013 11:28:14 AM

My doctor said I would get my period in about a year. Does that mean I could get it before then? Thanks!

Hey girlie, there is a definitely a possibility that you could get it before then, but I would trust your doctor. He or she knows what they're talking about. xx
Jess D.

by Girlslifegirl5155 on 6/21/2013 9:24:09 AM

Dear Mod
these days am kinda having some heavy discharge and bad cramps i have headaches .... but i dnt get this mood swinging thing wht does mood swinging means
thanx Smile

Hey! It means maybe one morning you feel fine, and then later that day you feel easily irritated or depressed, but then you recover quickly again, swinging between different moods. hope this helps!

Helen S.

by chacha_mochacha12 on 6/20/2013 5:24:44 PM

Ummm why do you people want to get your period??? Trust me you don't want it. It's horrible!!!!

by Cristina purple on 6/20/2013 11:39:48 AM

so I've had my period for around a year now, but they're so irregular! Like it was 41 days in between, then 15, then 13, then 28 and i don't whats coming next! I there any way to make more regular so it's easier to tell when ill get it?

Hey chica! A year of periods may seem like forever, but your body is still adjusting to this new process. With time, you'll most likely start to have your time of the month at the same time. But if you're really concerned, you can always ask your doc for advice. In the meantime, keep a little pack of period protection with ya wherever you go.

xo
Julie H.

by aleadawn on 6/20/2013 9:55:34 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
lately I've been so stressed out. I feel like everything in my life is going wrong, my parents are divorcing, I'm barely passing my classes in school because I can't concentrate on my homework when all I hear is my parents yelling and snapping at each other. My friends and I are fighting, because they're mad that I don't spend time with them, I normally do but not lately cause I have so much overdue homework and projects and studying for re-tests. Sometimes I feel like taking a break and just chilling for like a day or two, but there is never anytime, I have to chores and laundry. Help please

Hey girl,

If you're feeling overwhelmed and are worried about things like your friends and your parents' divorce, I would talk to a trusted adult or guidance counselor--they can help you get things straightened out! If you're worried about your classes, I would talk to your teachers about extra credit and study skills to make sure you are doing the best you can. Try making a schedule of what you have to do so that you can plan a time to relax!

Meghan D.

by fantastic8805 on 10/27/2012 12:35:39 AM

1. How old are you? 12
2. What's your bra size? 34A
3. Do you have your .? No but it's right around the corner
4. Pads or Tampons? Pads
5. Do you shave? No, I'm nervous to ask my mom if I can
7. Do most of your friends have their periods? no
8. Are you a late bloomer or early? early

by iheartomer on 8/7/2011 10:06:33 PM

mod mod mod
hi! i hav kind of a wierd question, i googled if green tea helps your energy, and instead of that, it came up that green tea makes ur 1st period come sooner, i dont hav mine yet, but my sis ALWAYS drinks it, and she got hers wen she was like 10 or 11, i went on answers.com and apparently a bunch of girls got theirs early and they all drank green tea,wwood it be bad for your health if the only reason u get ur period is becuz there is sum wierd chemical in a drink, becuz i like green tea, but i dont rllly want my period to come with it

Hey girl,

Green tea is a natural drink, so it's actually very good for you and you should keep drinking it if you like it. If it does have an effect on your period, it's probably only a small one, and your period will come more based on your genetics than that. x0x0
Casey L.

by guitargirl7321 on 7/13/2011 4:48:44 PM

MODMODMODMOD
OK so ive heard from several sources that you get your period around 100 pounds. well im 11 5'0 125 pounds! I also had breast buds at like 8. why isnt my period here yet?

Hey girl,

It's really hard to tell when you're gonna get your period because everyone's different. Sometimes it depends on weight, and sometimes it depends on genetics, like when your mom got it. The best thing to do is to be patient and make sure you have pads or tampons prepared for when it finally does come! x0x0
Casey L.

by lizziefizzie on 7/12/2011 3:32:55 PM

My mom and sister both got their period around 14... When do you think I'll get mine?

Hey babe,

Sometimes periods line up with when our moms/grandmoms/sisters got them but, really, your bod is your own - it's impossible to predict, even based on that! Girls get their periods anywhere from 9 years old to 18 years old, so just try to be patient. But remember to be prepared with a pad at home and in your purse...just in case Smile
Lauren C.

by queenra on 7/12/2011 12:52:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I got my monthly period a couple days ago, but instead of the blood being red like always, its been more brown colored then red. Also its always been pretty heavy, but now its not so much. My period has always been irregular but these past two months its starting to get to a normal thirty day cycle. Is this normal??? Thank you so much!

Hey girl, the brown means the blood is dried. Your period sounds fine though! Just be sure to use pads or tampons even few hours.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Rosalie1996 on 7/7/2011 11:38:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD! ok i have one queston, my discharge has been really werid latly its white and on my underwear it drys up white but i can feel it coming out somtimes its like a wet feeling so thats how i know i have to change but is it normal for it to be like that oh and it dosnt smell Laughing

Hey babe. It sounds like nothing to worry about! Here's some info on discharge: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/09/discharge-details.aspx

mary h.

by mozilla10 on 7/6/2011 6:56:57 AM

Mods! Hey, so I've had my period for a yr and a half, and today when I went to the bathroom there was some blood when on the toliet paper. But I just ended my last period on the 21st.. And it usually doesn't come this early. But everytime so far I've gone to the bathroom there really hasn't been any blood or pink, I've got volleyball games tonight and tomorrow and weight lifting in the a.m. I only have 1 super and 1 reg tampon left, I'll get more tomorrow, but A) should I wear a tampon tonight and tomorrow and B) which one should I wear tonigt? (I though the reg so if it gets heavier have a more absorbent one for tomorrow...?)
Please help!
Thanks,
Catherine

If there is no bleeding, do not wear a tampon; wear a pad until the flow is consistent

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by selena_wiz_lover on 7/5/2011 4:14:44 PM

I have had my period for almost 3 days now,and my mom said it will pretty much only lasts for 2 or 3 days.It shows no sign of slowing up,and Im re-thinking what my mom said.How long does my period lasts a month.I heard a week,and then what my mom said.Who should I believe?

Hey girlie,

Mom's period might only last 2-3 days, but periods actually can last anywhere from 2-7 days depending on the girl. (Plus a day or two at the beginning/end of light spotting.) Yours could just naturally be a bit longer! It's nothing to worry about Smile If it lasts longer than about 9 days though, give your doc a call just to make sure everything's fine.
Lauren C.

by mathgeek221 on 7/4/2011 3:13:13 PM

Okay? So why do all these little girls want their period? &nd it amazes me how much of them worry about it. But when I was ten and got mine it was on my birthday, in July so I was at home, went and told my mom and I was good to go. But periods suckk, like who wants 4 days of cramping, bloating, being grumpy?! They're very inconvenient. But I've been pretty luckyy. Mine have always been regular. Unlike my cousins one had her 1st one for 3 months long! And the other has something where she throws up every time she has hers and she's 19 and has done that since she was in 6th grade! =) If you need any advice on periods and othe girl stuff ask me! I've been through it all first one in my grade to get it, guys all going crazy, boyfriends, helping my friends when they get em at school I've always got stuff!

by DaylonRaye on 7/1/2011 12:26:19 PM

Hey, my mom said that i will get my period soon because all of my miles stones in life happened before my sister like she had a milestone when she was 2 i would have it when i was 1 and a half is it true that i will start soon? thanks

by girlfan1 on 6/30/2011 11:23:06 PM

My grandma found out that I got my period, and now its REALLY awkward to be around her because I'm her only granddaughter out of 8 grandsons. My mom said its nothing to be embarrassed about. How do I deal? Please Help!
Delaney

Hey girl, it's nothing to be embarrassed about; your mother is right. Don't worry about it and just continue being yourself. Nothing has changed even though it may feel like it. You're still the same granddaughter she loves. You're just one step closer to growing up, and she understands that.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by JBfan97 on 6/30/2011 9:49:27 PM

modmodmod
ok i am 10 years old i think i might start my period soon. here are sonme facts;
I started wearing a bra at age 8
ive had armpit and pubic hair for 2 months
ive been having alot of stomach pains and gas lately
i had my first breakout a week ago
i have been really really moody lately and being rude to lots of innocent peeps Frown
do you think I will get it soon? If so, how soon? A year? A month? A day?
thx

Hey girl,

It's really hard to tell because everyone's different, so it's hard to tell exactly when you're gonna get it. Just remember to be prepared with tampons and pads! x0x0
Casey L.

by lizziefizzie on 6/30/2011 2:10:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm 13. I really don't want my period, because i know it will hurt, but then again, at least i will know if im normal. I'm thirteen+still haven't had my 1st period yet. ALL my friends have started, exept one. And i'm starting to worry a little, because, i have been getting white/clear discharge for over 2 years. Is this normal? I've been wearing thin little pantiliners in my underwear to absorb the discharge. And i think i might have spotting? Because i saw these little red/brown dots on the pantiliner when i looked @ it.
Is it possible for a girl not to get her 1st period? I'm freaking out. (btw, i have had pubic hair since grade 4, and i am now in grade 8... And yea... i've had discharge since like grade 5 or 6... And i started developping breasts like a year ago...)
Please help! Thx so much. ;)

Hey girl,

Everyone gets their period at different times, and some girls don't get it until they're 16. So, you just have to be patient, and carry around tampons or pads so that you're prepared for when you DO get it. x0x0
Casey L.

by Annah1998 on 6/30/2011 2:02:08 PM

MOD!
When your having your period, is it normal to see blood when you go #2? Thanks!

Hey girl,

If there is blood coming out of your other hole, it's important to see a doctor. But when you wipe, you could think that blood's actually coming out of the other hole when it's really coming out of your vagina. It's normal to pee a little when you go #2, so that could be where the blood's coming from. x0x0
Casey L.

by Rosalie1996 on 6/29/2011 3:42:26 PM

hey im jacqlyne and im 10 my sisters got their periods late will i get mine early i have been having bad cramps and been going to the bathroom alot . when will i start?

Hey girl,

It's really hard to tell when you'll get it, but if you've been having bad cramps then that's probably a sign that you'll get it soon. Just carry pads or tampons with you to be prepared! x0x0
Casey L.

by jacqlynerose on 6/28/2011 3:03:31 PM

wow im an idiot i just got my first period 4 days ago and i dont feel like telling my mom so i had been stealing pads from her cabinet but i just realized i had been taking pany liners wow im stupid haha

by oceanlover69 on 6/27/2011 8:35:04 PM

i am 12 and my friends have gotten there periods and i havent how do i know wen its coming so i am not super surprised and wen shud i start wearing pads?!

by Carli52199 on 6/26/2011 7:05:23 PM

Mod mod what are signs of your first period? Luv,Peyton

Hey girly! Lots of girls get discharge, and you may feel moody or get cramps Also, you'll see spotting in your underwear.

xxx

Becca G.

by Girlzrock123 on 6/25/2011 7:22:27 PM

Ok honey... I'm 11 I got my period last month. I hoped I would get my period soon cuz only 1 of my friends also hadn't but..... in reality you don't want your period. And I am guessing kinda it has to do with it cuz my moms side got there periods around ten and my dads 12. so I was right between lol.

by Yoshiabubblez on 6/23/2011 4:38:25 PM

my name is chloe and I just wanted to say hi because i just got on

by lilmisschloe.grogan66 on 6/17/2011 10:59:59 PM

im 11 and i just joined girls life and i wanted to know my mom got her period at 14 so does that mean i will get mine at that age to or will i get a lot older or younger. this is my question please pretty please answer it soon. thankyou!

Everyone is different Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by lilmisschloe.grogan66 on 6/17/2011 10:57:12 PM

I am 13 years old and I still haven't had my period yet
I was wondering if it could be from exercising too much, because I am on the track, cross country team and I also do ballet right after my track or cross country practice every day...
Is this normal?

by Bnvbanana on 6/2/2011 8:45:52 PM

Mod!!! So for the morning and yesterday vie been getting cramps like right below my ribs and lots of discharge,,!!?? Is this a sign of my period. Also im wearing a liner in case, is this a good idea....???? And do the signs mean I'm getting my period soon.?????? Thanks Smile

Hey babe,

It's definitely a sign that your period could be coming soon, but it's tough to predict exactly when it'll be here. A liner might be a good idea, but it's kinda uncomfy to wear one all the time! Instead, I'd just be prepared with a pad in my purse/backpack just in case the big day comes unexpectedly Smile Try to relax in the meantime!
Lauren C.

by Tayincali on 5/30/2011 7:55:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
could you please tell me how much more i have to w8 till my period....  Thanks, tinacrystal

Hey babe,

Unfortunately, your period does depend on how fast you've gone through puberty, but none of these things (including your bra size and mom's first period) will give you a clear idea of when it will come. It's pretty random! You just have to be prepared with a pad and try to relax until it gets here! It could be next week or it could be in a couple years - and if you have any further questions about it, feel free to check out our Periods, Periods section or chat with your doc! <3
Lauren C.

by tinacrystal on 5/30/2011 6:02:32 PM

mod mod mod mod mod MOD!...
My sisters both got there period at 12 ( but they have a different dad ) I'm 12. My mom was 15. Does them having a different dad affect me of not having my period at 12? Or will I just follow my mom?
Thank you Mods your a big help!

hey! genes have an effect but it can't be narrowed down to a factor like a different parent. everyone's different so there's no way to know for sure when you'll get yours. you just gotta wait Smile
Helen S.

by LoveHappens on 5/27/2011 7:50:03 PM

well, periods can be horribl ebut at the sam etime its not so bad... its horrible because you have bloody underwear, have to get used to a pad or tampon and the worst is that when you go swimming.. well you get the point. but its also a good thing because its cleaning your body and proves that you are becoming an adult.. but ts deffintatly not somthing to wish for or agonize over it

by taylorrrr17 on 5/27/2011 5:59:01 PM

MOD IM 12 and i already had my period but my friends have not yet and i think its not fair that none of my friends had had theirs yet

Hey girlie. Most girls wish they were in your shoes. Everyone gets their period in their own time. Just be happy that you know what it's like and can offer advice to your friends who haven't had theirs yet.
Marly Z.

by textingdiva on 5/25/2011 5:17:04 PM

mod!
so today i felt a big gush of discharge but it was all stringy but it didnt stink...and it was clear like normal..ive had discharge for over a year but dont have my period...what does that mean??????????????????? Lauren C.

by malibu96 on 5/23/2011 9:43:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok,so I'm 11 and have had discharge and spotting before.When do you think I should get my period?I'm not asking for exact dates but something like a month or so,a year,soon,not soon,etc.Thanks ahead of time! (Tong)

hey girlie,

Discharge and spotting are definitely signs that your period may be coming soon--I definitely can't pinpoint when, but my suggestion would just be to be prepared.  Carry pads and tampons with you just in case--and wear a pantiliners! You'll be prepared when it comes! Smile
Ruth S.

by cupcaker24 on 5/21/2011 9:41:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD! i am 14 .. i used to dance alot and i am not very big in bra size..everyone has stareted their monthy thing and i havent quite yet.. i know i am just a slow grower but its bothering me.. Frown

hey! don't worry you'll get there. it's annoying to deal with anyway

Helen S.

by Kara4 on 5/21/2011 4:23:13 PM

Periods are horrible. I didn't know what a period was until i got it. My mom never told me about it because she thoguht she would tell me about it until Robert crown came to our school in 5th grade. It was too late. I got it when i was 10 and it was horrible. me adn this other girl in the whole grade were the only girls who had it. I think 2 other girls got it in the 5th grade but i dont know now. At least you have knoweldge and you wont feel bad. I felt horrible and abnormal because all my friends didn't have to suffer and be depressed about it. Getting your period is really depressing and feels weird. Having blood come from "down there" is gross. its like your peeing without even trying. The pee just goes down and you cant control it. The pee isn't pee its blood thats kinda brown. Goodluck having to deal with bloody underwear (it sucks!)

by perfectpanda37 on 5/21/2011 12:46:30 AM

i'm enjoying not having my period yet! Who wants cramps, tampons/pads, the surprise, cramps, and crabbiness? NOT ME!

by hailbop16 on 5/20/2011 11:44:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD I've had pubic and underarm hair for a few years along with discharge. My mom got hers when she was in late 7th grade. I'm almost 9th grade and don't have it! Is there something wrong?

hey!  no, everyone's different but if you're really worried you should talk to your doctor. good luck!
Helen S.

by SaraJ on 5/20/2011 7:13:19 PM

my mom got hers at 15! im 12!!!! NO!!!!!!!! I WANT MY PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frown

by LoveHappens on 5/19/2011 7:51:01 PM

why do you want your period?!?!?! it makes you crabby and feel like crap!!

by *Sigh* on 5/19/2011 4:51:44 PM

I used to wish for my period to come, too, but it's actually a lot more of a hassle than I expected it to be. For all you girls who want your period, I have two words: periods suck!

by primaverina on 5/18/2011 11:21:33 PM

I can't believe someone would want to get it early XD....so much hassle. and harassment from the guys if they accidentally find your stuff in your backpack or something!

by loveglitterystuff on 5/18/2011 5:46:39 PM

I know how you feel....my mom was 14!

by cuddlebug143 on 5/18/2011 4:42:01 PM

I always wanted my period really bad. I finally got it this year and was really excited. I love my period. Periods are my calling. Periods make me feel in powered. But yes they do have there down sides like cramps.....and always worrying.ni guess you just get used to it after a while and except it.

by PinkJet44 on 5/18/2011 12:11:27 AM

Why would you WANT you period?

by rainbowsparkle98 on 5/17/2011 9:03:13 PM

btw, love the girl in the picture!!!! Smile

by I<3gurrls! on 5/17/2011 8:20:58 PM

i wanted my period, so bad. like u. i would be more grown up, u know? i ended up getting my period when i was 10. my mom got it when she was 11. we do have early bloomers in the family. its in our genes. Smile

by I<3gurrls! on 5/17/2011 8:07:25 PM

My Mom was 15, I was 16, and my cousin was 10!

by Alle93 on 5/17/2011 8:00:57 PM

Hey girls! Need advice? Go to my profile and leave a comment!!

by massie<3 on 5/17/2011 6:57:11 PM

Aagh! why do so many people want their period? theres absolutely nothing good about it! all you get is about a week of feeling uncomfortable and worrying all the time!! oh, and bloating too, i forgot about that one for a sec there.

by girlsliferocksss98 on 5/17/2011 6:03:43 PM

WHY WHY WHY??? Why would you ever EVER want your period?? IT SUCKS! Be happy girl besides we are all different!

by topchef88 on 5/17/2011 5:57:18 PM

Hey Chickies!
Check out my profile and leave a comment! I also, give advice! Nothing is too weird or to personal. Also, check out my club Dear Lizzy. =)

by nerdisthewurd26 on 5/17/2011 5:09:54 PM

Hey You guys! Growing up? confused about boys? No worries! I have all the answers! Nothing is too personal. You can ask me anything from tampons to cookies to your major crush to school! I will reply ASAP(:

by melaniegrace<3 on 5/17/2011 5:06:46 PM

Hey Ladies! Do you need advice? I would love to give you some! I will answer any questions, or just talk to you when you are sad. I can give you advice about friends, guys, family, food, sports, school,growing up, or even yourself! I would be absolutely happy to help! I will give you an honest answer ASAP, and hun, nothing is too personal so don't be afraid!Thank you(:

by gracieb123 on 5/17/2011 4:58:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD okay so what are cheapish ways to totally add to a look? links are goodSmile thanks too

Hey girlie! I'm not exactly sure what kind of stuff you're looking for but some things I love that really add to a look are shoes and bags. Here's a link to show you some of our faves!: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/05/13/matching-shoes-bags-jj-2011.aspx

Erin G.

by hahaha2005 on 5/17/2011 4:39:22 PM

trust me you do NOT want ot have it yet :/ cramps, headaches, bleeding ummh noo :/

by sunshine96 on 5/17/2011 2:47:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I'm showing all sighs of getting my period and I'm kinda scared because I'm going to summer camp in 2 weeks and that's when I'm supposed to get it!!! How do I prepare??? Thanks!!

Hey girlie! Great question! It's totally normal to feel nervous when getting your period for the first time. Try taking a look at this article from the GL site about 100 tips and things to look for: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/01/28/100-must-know-period-facts-and-fun.aspx or the GL first period protection article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/01/10/first-period-protection.aspx. Hope this helps!
Chelsea B.

by iluvmusic♥ on 5/17/2011 11:30:20 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I need help! I'm going to a wedding soon and I need to pick out an outfit to wear (including shoes) and I don't know what makeup to put on. I don't want to raid my mom's! Can you please help me? Thanks so much! My mom is going to ULTA today and I'm going dress shopping Saturday so I'm gonna need your help ASAP! Thanks again,
popstar131313
P.S. Sorry this was long!
P.P.S. I have a curvy body shape, tan skin, and brown eyes.

Hey girlie! That's so exciting that you have such a great event to go to! Dressing up is always fun and GL is sure to keep you looking fresh and fabulous on your special day! For makeup, take a look at this fun and easy tutorial on how to do your eyes: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/19/Help-me-do-my-eye-makeup.aspx

For an outfit, take a look at some of the outfits similar to the one's that June/July cover girl Crystal Reed wore at the cover shoot: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/05/13/Shop-GLs-JuneJuly-2011-cover.aspx

A fun floral dress is perfect for a summer wedding! For shoes, try a cute neutral wedge for some height but still staying comfortable and ready for dancing! Have fun!
Chelsea B.