13 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

14 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

15 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

Girls are risking their lives for a golden glow

Summer is just around the corner and girls are flocking to the tanning salons in order to flaunt a sun-kissed glow. But is it worth it to risk the chance of skin cancer?

MOD:
Im a runner, who doesn't normally wear sunblock. I know the dangers, and I always worry about skin cancer, but I just always rush out, and remember once Im already running. Now im scared. I have a few stray freckles on my skin, and they're all about the same small size. The thing is that one is slightly raised. The skin wear it is is actually naturally kinda goosebumpy, but it's scaring me. It doesn't hurt, but Im still freaking out on whether it's skin cancer or not.Do you think it might be?

Hey girlie. I think that's a question for a doctor. They know more about skin cancer, so def get it checked out!
Marly Z.

by iwantsomeonetoloveme on 5/25/2011 7:14:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I think it is ridiculous to risk your life for darker skin. Do you know of any tanning lotions to use at the pool so I can get my tan the safer way? Thanks

Hey girl. You can check out Maui Babe, Lavera Natural Self-Tanner, or Topix Derma Safe Tan for tanning products but don't forget that you need to use sunscreen along with the lotion. Tanning lotions tend to have very low SPF levels so don't plan to use them instead of sunscreen.

kara g.

by 5lola123 on 5/25/2011 12:49:17 AM

My skin is naturally tan Smile

by lizzy6464 on 5/24/2011 6:59:32 PM

MODMODMOD
I don't always wear sunscreen so some parts of my body are tan like from my elbow down and from my knee down. Now that it's summer I'm wearing shorter shorts and sleeves so it looks uneven. What can I do to make it look even and natural? Lauren C.

by 12coco on 5/23/2011 9:12:30 PM

hi u guys! i no tons of ppl that get addited to the "deadly glow" as i call it and i help them get of it i had one girl that went once every two day! and now she goes once before she goes to mexico every year so if u every need help just send me a comment

by smexyactress on 5/23/2011 12:23:11 PM

Me and my sister dont really get along, but I'm really worried about her. She goes to the tanning bed about 4 times a week (or more). I know what this can lead to, but if I tell her how dangerous it is then she'll just roll her eyes and ignore me. She's not gonna listen! But I'm scared for her health, what should I do?

Hey! tell your parents to make her cut back. you're right that's really bad for her

Helen S.

by bkylie77 on 5/21/2011 3:34:08 PM

I get really pale in the winter SO I got this AWESOME mosterizer(sorry if that's spelled wrong) that slowly takes u from pale to sun kissed in about a week

by lilsmilyface on 5/21/2011 8:59:03 AM

This scares me because I know this girl in my homeroom who goes to a tanning salon twice a week. at first, she just looked like she had a natural tan but over tan , it kept more "orange". And now she looks peach like. People keep commenting on her skin and she gets aggravated by it but it's hard to notice. She's a great person and all, but not only do I think a natural tan is more beautiful , I'm also scared for her that she might get skin cancer.

by michipie205 on 5/18/2011 8:20:39 PM

If fake tans are really that dangerous its definitely not worth it!! I tan really easily so I wouldn't know, but a lot of my friends have pale skin and they really wanna look tanned. Thats just not worth it though! and pale skin looks so pretty Smile

by loveglitterystuff on 5/18/2011 5:44:03 PM

spray tans r gross they always look fake and they paint ur skin so if u get those at least get organic 1s its not as bad 4 ur skin tanning beds arent rly bad if u use them not often and just going outside 2 get tan isnt bad cause u get ur vitamin d from the sun

by waspl on 5/18/2011 5:23:56 PM