AN HOUR AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

AN HOUR AGO These YouTube vloggers have your Halloween makeup covered: http://t.co/tgitXV7LGz

2 HOURS AGO Are you feelin' the FOMO when you're super busy—we wanna know: http://t.co/UQrYD4QkDD

COMMENTS

20 ways to make your best friend's day

Just ‘cause your BFF’s birthday was six months ago doesn’t mean you can’t shower her with bestie love. Show your best girl how much you care…

My best friend just got into the hunger games, so she's been begging me to go with her to the movie the day it came out. So i surprised her by getting her an early b-day preasent..... MIDNIGHT TICKETS TO THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!! I think we're gonna be bffs for a while now... Smile

by lemonade.mouth.luver on 3/14/2012 2:46:07 PM

I think this will have me and my bestie hanging out ore than ever!
I sent her a text ( like 5 minutes ago...) spelling her name out and stuff I love about her. She was so happy!

by GigiWuzAHere on 3/6/2012 11:43:06 AM

ok soo i have this friend and she is 16 and im 12 but we r friends. anyway she used 2 get bullyed alot and she is really really really really really really self concious she wrapps her self up in her jacket and looks away from you
i really want to help her be more confident without making her feel like im critisizing her

Whenever shes having one of those moments make her look you in the eye and tell her shes fantastic. Make her say positive things about herself as well. Just be there for her to remind her shes an amazing girl and she'll start to believe it. She needs someone to help her up instead of pushing her down like the bullies did. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by 2-cute-2-b-true on 1/29/2012 8:47:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD AND MORE MOD!
So I have these 2 friends. Let's call them A and H. A lives near me and H is her cousin. We're all in the same age group except A, who is a year younger than us. They asked me to go trick or treating with them, which means I'll be trick or treating on my neighborhood then going to H's neighborhood and trick or treating. I asked my mom and dad and they said, "Yes, if you prefer to be with your friends rather than your family." I don't think my mom wants me to leave! What should I choose? Friends or family?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hey babe!

Do you usually have a family Halloween tradition? I'm not sure why your mom would say that, so why don't you ask her why she doesn't want you to go trick-or-treating near her? Can you trick-or-treat with your friends for a little while and then pass out candy with your mom? Have fun! xoxox
Devin A.

by Dabop on 10/30/2011 8:15:17 PM

my bff just moved helllllllllp half way across the world omgg helppppppp ahhhhhhhh

by sosassy on 9/29/2011 4:43:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MASSIVE MODDINGFrown so I have 2 best friends. One for school and one for life. Well the one for school has been separating me since high school started and now I only have my life best friend. And she is my step-cousin who lives 2 hours away and she just moved houses so all we have is email and our parents phone's even though we are the only teenagers in the world without a phone. How do I keep me life best friends friendship from falling like my school's best friend.

Hey girl! Just try and keep talking with your best friend. E mail everyday and continue talking. As for your school best friend, maybe you should try and be friends with her again. It always helps to have a friend at school and that you can see everyday.
Ana D.

by stylingirl on 9/29/2011 12:48:56 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Ok, so last year I moved and went to a new school and I had friends and everything. Near the end of the year, one of my friends started cutting herself. I told her not to do it but everyday she came to class there were more marks. She stopped over the summer and started eating again (she wouldn't at all during the school year). Now that it's our last year in middle school, with stress and everything, she hasn't eaten at school and we found out she has anorexia. I'm trying to help her, I really am, like, I buy her small snacks and beg her to eat it during lunch. Her and her mom are thinking of moving to give her a fresh start and I think it's a great idea, but I'm going to miss her a lot and be even more worried. The counsler knows, and she has a therapist and all but I want to make her feel better too. What should I do?

Hey girly, the best thing you can do is to be there for her. Listen to her and offer her any advice. Right now she probably just needs someone to talk to who will listen to all her problems. Reassure her that things will and are going to get better. Hope this helps ya!!!!! Smile

Lynae P.

by cupcake901244 on 9/17/2011 5:16:17 PM

I love this list! I've been having some trouble with my Best Friend and this totally cleared it up! But also if you're having troubles, writing a letter isn't a bad idea either.

by Superchick0121 on 8/19/2011 11:53:21 AM

I have a friend's b-day coming up,& I have NO IDEA what to get her. I want to make her something special, but what?
she likes green, long hair, cheesey jokes, and animals.
I have about a month to make something.
thanx

Hey girly,

You might want to try putting together a photo book filled with some pictures and fun captions about all the fun times you've shared. You can include some of those cheesy jokes if you want too.

Catie C.

by canadiangal on 8/5/2011 2:59:34 PM

hey mod,
sorry but i have another problem.
my best friend and my other best friend kinda dont like each other. i just want to hang out with both of them. im tired of choosing between them. and when i choose one the other gets really mad. im so tired of this. and it makes me sad when my friends are mad at me. help please!

Hey girly,

You need to talk to each one of them separately, and see what the issue is. Then, see how you can resolve it, and tell each one that they're making your life really difficult by having to choose to hang out with one or the another. Tell them that you love both of them, so you don't want this to come between you, and you just wanna get it resolved. If they realize how much this is hurting you, hopefully they'll be willing to put aside their differences. x0x0
Casey L.

by sparkles333 on 7/21/2011 2:10:07 PM

Mod mod mod my best friend and i always get in fights. sometimes its about which house we should hang out at. and sometimes i have to apologize for no reason. im really tired of this. help!

Hey girly,

Sometimes you just have to pick your battles, so decide if what you're fighting over is actually worth the fight. Maybe you could try alternating whose house you go to, to prevent the fighting. As for apologizing, it's good that you're the bigger person, because it shows how mature you are. But, if you feel like your friend is the one who should apologize, it might be better for you to hold off on your apology so that she sees she's done something wrong.  x0x0
Casey L.

by sparkles333 on 7/20/2011 2:00:48 PM

MODMODMOD
my friend and I got in this big fight last week. i honestly feel like i did nothing wrong, i feel like she started it and created a problem that was not there to begin with. she has done this before and i always end of having to be the one to apoligize and she kinda has a big ego and i feel like im just feeding it by apoligizing when i dont think i did anything wrong. im sick of it. should i wait for her to come around or do what i always have to, apoligize first even tho i did nothing wrong?

hey! wait for her to come around. you have no reason to say sorry if you don't mean it Smile
Helen S.

by IHaveTheKeyToYourHeart on 7/8/2011 5:30:59 PM

I don't actually expect my friend to return the favour, but she does do some cute things for me, like for my b day 5 months ago she got a bunch of my friends to sign a huge card that she made, her birthdays coming up ,and I'm going to make it special for her Smile <3

by dolcecupcakes on 7/7/2011 12:06:09 PM

I'm feeling upset because I was called racist online. I know the person unfortunately. She used to be my friend... (well until she called me racist Frown) What should I do? I keep telling her to stop, but she thinks it's ok to do so. How should I do this?

Hey girl! I answered your other post, good luck!
Jess W.

by harkangelfantasy on 6/19/2011 11:57:13 PM

I'm feeling upset Frown I was called racist online and I'm not really happy because the person who called me racist was one of my friends. What should I do? How should I confront her?
Thanks

Hey girl! Did this happen on GLs website? It was very mean of her to say something like that, especially when you're not. The best thing to do is to ask her why she called you that. Maybe you were saying certain things that she didn't agree with. Talking it out is the best way to solve any issues. Good luck babe! I hope this helps.
Jess W.

by harkangelfantasy on 6/19/2011 11:49:30 PM

GIRLS- it's important that if you use these tips, your friend returns the favor. ive always been the girl to buy my friends trinkets when I"m on vacay, and the generous, kind thoughtful one and it's frustrating when the favor isn't returned. This tips are fantastic, but make sure your friend is pulling her/his weight, too!

by basketballchick98 on 6/17/2011 12:22:07 PM

OK, so I'm having a sort of big sleepover tonight. I mean, by most standards, it's still small, but we've got a small house for me inviting five friends to spend the night is sort of a big deal.
Anyways, one girl can only stay until 10 PM, and the rest were supposed to be sleeping over. Then one girl got sick and may or may not be able to sleep over. So anyways, theres gonna be 4 or 5 girls spending the night and I was wondering what activities we should do.
Most of us are girly but there are a few of us who despise makeup, hair straighteners, and all things girly, so please don't suggest makeovers and spa treatments (as much as it kills me to say it Smile
Thankuuuu

Hey girl! That's going to be so much fun! If you have a fireplace you can always make s'mores, but make sure you have parental approval and supervision! You can always play board games, or watch movies. I remember when I had sleepovers we always had a million things planned but we usually just ended up talking and telling stories. You can play balloon volleyball or karaoke, or run to the crafts store and see what you can find that you would like to do! You could find some wooden jewelry boxes to paint and bedazzle, or ceramic picture frames to paint! You can have so much fun! Good luck!
Jess W.

by basketballchick98 on 6/17/2011 12:19:03 PM

I THOUGHT THE BLOND GIRL IN THE PICTURE WAS THE GIRL NEXT TO HER MOM. I SERIOUSLY THOUGH SHE WAS LIKE 35 YEARS OLD. HAHAHAHA

by greekprincess98 on 6/13/2011 9:31:15 PM

hey my bff's birthday is actually this Friday Smile cool.

by creativekid123 on 6/6/2011 7:12:43 PM

My best friend who i've known for a year now won't give me her phone number. I've asked and she said no and then i've tried to give her mine but she won't take it and i want to stay in touch with her and invite her to my house over the summer how can i get her to give me her phone number? thanks

Hey girlie! Maybe she's misunderstanding what you're asking? Tell her you want to keep in touch with her so you guys can hang out this summer and that's why you're asking for her phone number. If she still won't give it to you, don't pursue it. If she wants to stay in contact, she will. No love lost!

Rhea R.

by wishing54 on 6/3/2011 3:50:15 PM

This helped me sooooo much!! I'm definitely going to try out #20!! I love hugging people, except that hugging my best friend would be a thousand times better than the usual happiness that i get from hugs! <3 thank you for the tips Smile

by NaTuRe ChIcK on 6/2/2011 8:05:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD! okay well im planning my bday party and i can only do it one day this month! two of my best friends lets call them b and h are going to h's boyfriends party and are coming late to my party, which i mean its just upsetting! i mean he and b are just friends and how could she choose him over me? like okay i mean i realize that its cool to go to a boy's party and go to the movies and stuff, but still.......idk! i dont know what to feel! i dont want them to completely miss my party so they are coming late but still! i want my best friends thereFrown please help!

Hey girlie! I would talk to them about it if they're you best friends and say that your party means a lot to you and hope that even if they come late, they will still come with enough time to hang with you.

Chelsea B.

by laughlots on 6/1/2011 7:47:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD! hey! well my two friends lets call them "I" and "G" are like best friends so i kinda feel like a third wheel. i feel like i am their best friend and i feel like we are a three some but i dont think they feel the same. when we walk in the hall (every class every day) they always walk next to each other and i walk behind them. they always whisper at lunch and dont tell me if i dont ask. they make me feel kinda lousy but they are nice to me too. i really dont wanna lose them but i dont wanna look like a loser being lonely in the halls and not knowing what they know. like G didnt tell me when she got a bf and broke up and got a new bf! idk what to do! i always find out from someone else! please help me! also please dont say just talk to them because ive tried that! thanks

Helen S.

by laughlots on 5/27/2011 6:15:56 PM

Mod ♥
First, i just wanna say, AWESOME article! Really helps ♥
But what i'm really have been down about was this:
My BFF of 4 years moved away, and we've been Skyping since. She made friends with this guy, lets call him Nose. She and Nose are very close, but not a couple. Getting to the point, they're now really mad at each other. He scheduled that they could hang out 4 days this week, and all the times he cancelled, and all the times he assured her he wouldn't. But she saw him hanging out with his friends from another school one of the days he cancelled. Shes now taking time away from him, but shes been so bummed, and i tried making jokes and cheering her up, but I know i'm not helping. Can you give me any advice? anything would mean so much. You guys rock, thanks so much!

Hey girl, all you can do is be a good friend and be there for her. It sounds like these two really need to talk, so I'd suggest just encouraging her to have a heart-to-heart with that guy to get things settled. Hang in there, girl, and know you're definitely being the one thing you should: a great friend!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by itsmemidori on 5/26/2011 8:46:56 PM

the camp one made my day i came up to my friend at school and told her about the write to friend at camp thing

by alibroadway on 5/25/2011 3:47:37 PM

awesome! my best friend's been upst lately, imma try this

by katie10marie96 on 5/24/2011 10:58:39 PM

to voucher you can do it just to make there day.. you dont always give some one something back if they do something smallans nice for you, do you?

by cammybellpoptart on 5/24/2011 9:50:03 PM

Me and my "bff" just got into a hugee fight. it's not one of those fights that's like, fixable through time, its one that's like, our friendship's over, anyways school is almost over and i'm changing schools next year so it's not like i'll ever see her... what upsets me is that she didnt even talk to me about what was bugging her, i asked her about why she was ignoring me and she said "im not!" and now she finally admitted to it, she said she thought i would get the hint... i said i did, which i did, and asked her about it too, then she said i needed to give her time... if you're going to ignore me you have to come up with why you're ignoring me... it's so stupid, she was so immature (yet she was calling me immature...)

by sarah.sjworm on 5/24/2011 9:07:54 PM

i would do some of these, but my friends would never return the favor so what's the point?

by voucher on 5/24/2011 7:28:03 PM

These are some great ideas! Except for me,some of them wouldn't work because...
*My bestie doesn't have a cell Frown
*She rarely hugs people-VERY rarely(only when Im really sad has she hugged me and she rarely accepts hugs-yet Im a very hugging person)
*Neither of us have a fb
*And neither of us can date-yet
But they're still fab ideas!
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
~baconlvr711~

by baconlvr711 on 5/24/2011 7:03:42 PM

These are awesome ideas!

by puppylover1152 on 5/24/2011 6:18:06 PM

these things are weird... i am LOOKING at this with my bestie and she also thinks its weird and thinks it would be weird if i did these things to her

by bubblepower129 on 5/24/2011 5:59:42 PM

Hey You guys! Growing up? confused about boys? No worries! I have all the answers! Nothing is too personal. You can ask me anything from tampons to cookies to your major crush to school! I will reply ASAP(:

by melaniegrace<3 on 5/24/2011 5:19:08 PM

~If she doesn't have lunch money, offer to buy her lunch or surprise her by buying her her favorite snack.
~If she's not doing so well in a class, offer to help her study and explain to her what you're learning.
These are some things I do for my best friend..

by bublz714 on 5/24/2011 5:13:04 PM

I love the part at the beginning when it says "Just ‘cause your BFF’s birthday was six months ago doesn’t mean you can’t shower her with bestie love"....my bestie's birthday was today! I can't wait to use these!

by mzoffer on 5/24/2011 5:10:19 PM

I not really close to my friends, I say hi to them in person and we will joke around, then we'd leave and go say hi to other friends who we don't have classes with. Rarely would any of my friends and I go over to each others houses. I had a fight with my best friend.Frown We made up, kind of. Then she got mad because I avoided her the day before we made up because that was my last day at her school. I don't have her number anymore and we aren't friends on facebook. Another friend I tried calling her but her father picked up the phone and jumbled on about how she wasn't hear and he said that in some English, gibberish, and Spanish. I'm too scared to call again, he said something about Mexico and shes gone away so...My friend Meagan is a horrible at texting we kind of lost contact. I'm too shy to contact a lot of people. The only person I can contact I really don't like. Who else has this similar problem? Bored out of their mind, their summers killed. Comment on my profile.

by thetruth on 5/24/2011 5:07:52 PM

These are so cute ideas<3

by michipie205 on 5/24/2011 4:36:27 PM

mod mod mod
i just found out that my friend was diagnosed with depression. She used to be soo happy but lately she has had no confidence and cries herself to sleep every night. to make it worse all the guys in our grade hate her and constantly trash her along with most of the girls. what can i do?

Hey girlie! It's really great that you wanna help out your friend. The best thing you can do is to just always be there for her -- stand up for her if she's being bullied, sit with her at lunch, call her up at night to check on her. If would be great if you could take her mind off everything in her life that makes her even more sad. Take her to the movies to see that movie she's been raving about or invite her over for a sleepover if she doesn't feel like going to a party with the rest of your friends. Good luck!

Katie B.

by mrslautner2016 on 5/24/2011 3:57:25 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
My friend is always bragging about modeling and its getting annoying. Today she was talking about how she went to a 3 day runway show and they made her the star and she got to lead everybody out. She was also talking about how much money she made which kinda made me mad because i can't get money like she can. also was talking about how she got a $1,000 hair cut free from some British guy. Its all true just annoying how she tells literally every person she sees. should i say something or let her just keep bragging? and im also kinda jealous, she hates modeling. she has told me so many times. but id love to model. im just not tall enough for them.

Hey girlie!

It sounds like this is not the kind of girl that you should spend time with -- she sounds very egotistical and materialistic and those are not the types of people that are fun to be around. She might not realize how much she is bragging, so you could try politely telling her that sometimes she talks about herself a little too much (make sure to be extra nice and to not come off like you're better than her!) Good luck!

Katie B.

by wednesday1408 on 5/24/2011 2:24:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
No haha thanks for the answer but we have to write a note to each of them, I needed to know what I could write?
Sorry about the previous question, I didn't word it right!

Hey girlie! I would make sure to write about specific memories that you have with each of your friends because you will love to read about them when you get older! You could also write about how much each of them means to you, and what you love about them. Have fun!
Katie B.

by Butterflynom on 5/24/2011 1:59:59 PM

My BFF gives me candy all the time! Now I have some things I can do for her!

by topchef88 on 5/24/2011 1:46:10 PM

MOOOOOOD!! I have a problem with my "best friend" right now... For one thing, she craves attention all the time and she's not happy unless she's the center of it. I've talked to her about it before and she's better about it now, but it still shows sometimes, like today at school. We had finals in chemistry and i sat with her and two other friends and I felt like they just liked her so much more than me, and when it was time to go they hugged her and not me! Frown I also have a big problem with jealousy around her.. she's super smart and beautiful and tan all year round and she has a really funny country-girl sense of humor and all the guys love her! oh, and she LOVES all food and eats all the time (which guys find cute apparently) but she never ever gains single pound AND she's a cheerleader! So today when we took our exams, i got an 81 and she got a 100!!! I was so mad and jealous! How can I try to control my jealousy and feel better about myself? I feel so worthless compared to her Frown

Hey girlie!! Confidence is everything, and if you feel like you just can't feel good about yourself when you're around your "best friend", then I don't think you should be spending a lot of time with her. Don't ever try to compare yourself to someone -- you are your own person. Try spending more time with your other friends and distance yourself a little from this girl. If she was really your best friend, she would try to make you feel better about yourself and not do things that constantly bring you down. I think if you branch out and spend time with different friends you will instantly get a boost of confidence! Good luck!

Katie B.

by lyc13 on 5/24/2011 1:38:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Tomorrow we have to make a time capsule and we can't open it until we leave high school! You have to write a letter to your best friend and they aren't aloud to look at it until the graduation in 6 years. I have a problem though, I don't know what to write I have 6 REALLY good friends! any ideas?

Hey girlie! If I were you I wouldn't know which friend to choose, so I'd just write a little note to each of them. That way noone is left out! Good luck!

Katie B.