AN HOUR AGO 20 major fashion fails: http://t.co/T7nMCBwQDd

13 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

16 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

COMMENTS

I wanna help my sensitive sister, but I don't know how

My 9 year-old sister is very sensitive and whines and cries about little things…

hi, i am really sad and depressed right now, i think my cousin's 'rents are getting a divorce, i dont want them to feel bad, and i want to help so can you help me?

I wanna help them out with out being pushy

by sooprmad on 8/22/2011 6:09:58 PM

MOD
i would side with her but every time i try to TALK to her when shes angry, she yells at me. i tried!

Hey girl, I'd give her some time to cool off right now and then try again. She just needs to get her emotions in check.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by OwlCityLover on 8/17/2011 12:57:07 AM

thanks for reading this. i have 2 sisters, and i'm in the middle. My younger sister is being a total pain in the butt. she's turning 11 in a month but she doesnt act like it! she cries and gets angry over the littlest things. i usually 'side' with my older sister (who is 19) and tell her to calm down and ask her why she gets mad over the stupidest things. but she yells at me and says: "well why do you always side with nora?!" (my older sister.) and we get into a fight. this happens ALOT and i have spent the whole summer dealing with it. my mom has noticed her behavior but does nothing about it! how do i get my sister to be a NORMAL HUMAN BEING which she seems incapable of doing right now?!

Instead of siding with your older sister, try to understand why your sister feels the way she does

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by OwlCityLover on 8/16/2011 5:20:10 PM

My Dad is mad at my mom because she spent 20 dollars on 2 pairs of shoes for ME, and now their ignoring eachother! It's been 1 week since they've talked, my Dad even sleeps on the couch and my family doesn't eat dinner together anymore. I'm really scared of whats going to happen. Whenever I ask how I can help, they tell me to stay out of it what should I do? Please help!
P.S. My mom already apologized 100000 times, so apologizing won't do any good!
Chloe

Hey Chloe,

Try to relax. Your parents are right - this is an issue between them and is not because of you, so it isn't your job to fix it (even though I know you want to because it's the worst when parents fight). If they've reacted like this to a minor disagreement, there was probably something going on in private beforehand that you didn't know about. My parents have done stuff like this before as well, but it was only temporary. Just try to go about your usual activities and try to stay upbeat around them both. If you miss regular family dinners, you could do something subtle like offering to make dinner one night. Set the table while dinner is ready to subtly suggest that everyone will be eating dinner together that night. You can't fix the problem, but you can hint to your mom and dad that you're getting caught in the middle when things change like this - which isn't fair at all. Try to stay positive, remember that your parents love you even while they're fighting, and you'll get through this! <3
Lauren C.

by JBfan97 on 7/11/2011 8:50:23 PM

MOD Thanks for looking at my question. I have an older sister who is 22, and she's never really had a boyfriend before. She found someone in January of this year and they were really close for a couple weeks. I guess something went wrong though because they broke up. I don't know the specifics. She's been extremely depressed since then, crying at random times. Today she told my mom she's been having suicidal thoughts. It's July, and she hasn't seen this guy since February, and she's still very very upset. I don't know what to do, and I'm worried about her. Everyone says that she'll be fine but I don't know. Is there anything I could/should do? Thanks

Hey girly,
You should definitely talk to your parents about your worries. Tell them that you want to do something to help and that you think she isn't getting the help she needs. You also might want to suggest that she go and see a therapist. It might help all of you. Good Luck!

Catie C.

by nightowl18 on 7/8/2011 12:06:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD: My brother is 19 and I'm 13. Whenever I annoy him he hits me. I tell my mom and she just blows it off. I am getting really sick of it and I tell him to stop but he never will. I hurt my back in 6'th grade and he hit me on the back a few weeks ago and it really hurt me. HELP!

Hey girl,

Try talking about this with your mom again, and tell her how serious this issue is to her. You can also try telling your brother how much her hurts you. If that doesn't work, try staying away from your brother and hanging out in different places.  Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by Aquarius1998 on 6/21/2011 2:30:43 PM

MODERATOR (Alyssa B.)!!! He's really 26. He's always in a teen phase. :-p

Hey girl, wow, well, rest assured then. I have a way older brother, and I can tell you they eventually grow up. Eventually. ;) Hang in there!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by nerdyrockerperson on 6/14/2011 11:41:42 PM

MODERATOR!!!!!!!! I feel like my mom loves my older brother more than me. See, my brother is 26 and I'm 13. When he was 13, he hung out with the wrong crowd and his grades started to tumble downward. I hang out with nice people and had some B's but finished the 7th grade with all A's. When he still lived at home and I was a little kid, he would always be mean to me and also wrestle me. He never got in trouble for it! Once, he grabbed me by the ankles and he made my chin hit the floor on purpose. No groundings or "don't do that again"s. He never told me sorry. When my brother got drunk at 16, she didn't even get mad! But when I gave my brother's cell number to my friend (I thought she was just joking about prank calling him), my brother tattled on me and she got very mad! I admitted that I was in the wrong and punished myself for it, but she's still mad. What should I do? My dad notices that my mom loves more than me. Help please! Thank you and God Bless!

Hey girl, it sounds like (if he's really 26 -- I have a feeling you meant to say 16!) some time has elapsed, but trust me when I say your parents do love you both equally or try to. Your mom just may not show it. In terms of his treatment of you, I'd just be wary for now. Don't trust him with things that are important to you. Approach him cautiously and keep your distance otherwise. Right now he's in his own little teen phase, and there's no need to let him bring you down with him.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by nerdyrockerperson on 6/14/2011 10:29:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm really upset about something. I have loved art forever. I started taking lessons when I was 5 and currently am- at age 13.
I feel like I am nothing if I'm not an artist! And I love when my family gushes over my art- I am the one in the spotlight when it comes to art. It's my world!
But now, my brother, who is 10, decides he wants to take art lessons!! He just likes drawing things like dragons and cartoon characters and stuff- nothing like the challenging acrylic paintings and sketches I do! But if he takes lessons, who knows how good he will be! He already 'took' soccer from me- I started playing in first grade-then he decided he wanted to do that too!!! He's the soccer star now- why can't he let art be my thing!? He says he likes it- but for me, it's my life.
My parents encourage him. I understand that they should, as parents, but nobody understands how I feel! What should I do???? HELP!

Hey girl,

Ouch - having a copycat on your heels is never fun! I know I'll prob sound like your parents on this one, but really try to remember that your brother is a few years younger and does look up to you as a role model. He probably sees you excelling in soccer, then art, and wants to try it because he sees how happy it makes you. He's just searching for his passions as he grows up! Try not to be too jealous on this one and let the "art phase" run its course - I'm sure it will. And hey, remember that being a role model is a pretty powerful thing. As long as you're not too pushy, you could help him discover other hobbies that are totally his own...but come with your stamp of approval (which he'll love since you're the older sis!). So, if you see opportunities for him to pick up other hobbies (like guitar lessons, a new ultimate frisbee team, etc.), leave brochures on his bed or chat about them with him. Just try to be supportive as he's growing up and learning what he loves - you'll all be happier for it!
Lauren C.

by rachelrox123 on 6/9/2011 5:06:42 PM

MODMODMOD!!! So I have this crush that has been my BGF forever and he knows I like him. He doesn't feel the same way but I like him anyway. My mom says I can tell her anything but when I tell her private things she goes straight to him and tells him just because. I really don't want to talk to her because she will just do it more!{P.S. I don't want him to know everything!!!!!!}

Hey girl,

She tells your BGF the things you say? Whoa... no good! The best thing to do is to sit down with your mom and honestly tell her that it hurts you when she does this. Tell her you'd love to be able to confide in her and be a good friend to her, but ya gotta trust her first. You can't do that if she runs and tells your secrets to other people! Just tell her how much you value your relationship with her but she needs to remember that, even though you're her daughter, she doesn't have to swoop in and save you every time you tell her something <3 Just be mature and it'll go fine!
Lauren C.