40 MINUTES AGO He kissed her for the camera...super creepy or really romantic? You decide: http://t.co/8dhBG6Wo0v

1 HOURS AGO 4 ways to flirt without saying a word: http://t.co/LHp5svEpre

2 HOURS AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

COMMENTS

Is shaving down there the norm?

All my friends say it is weird to have pubic hair and they say to shave it
all off. I know it’s my choice, but…

1. Say your crush's name 5x. (FULL NAME!)
2. Say your full name.
NOW MAKE A WISH!!
*  * *
WISH HARDER!*
* * *
* *
WISH! WISH! WISH!!!
* * Now copy and paste this to the next 5 articles you read and your wish will come true in 5 days! Carrie R.

by jazzyrae on 6/19/2012 12:50:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
OK so the other day i was trying on my swimsuit to see if i could wear it for my upcoming triathlon. what i noticed is that if u looked in the middle of the part that covered the lower private areas little hairs actually poked through the fabric. would a simple trim make that go away or do i need to shave it??? i mean its not that anyone would look at the tri but if i wear it around my perverted guy friends they would make fun of me so yeah... anyways thank you!!!

Hey girlie,

That's what made me first start trimming "down there" years ago too! Those little hairs poking through bathing suits and underwear annoying me so much haha, for no reason in particular. A trim usually does the trick and keeps them from getting out there, but shaving obviously will work if that fails Smile
Lauren C.

by kjc0203 on 10/21/2011 12:31:32 AM

MOD MOD MOD...... I don't like the hair down there and it's kind of bristly. I want to shave but I don't know how to shave there without hurting something. What should I do?

Hey chica, you could get Nair. It's almost like lotion. You apply it, let it sit for a couple of minutes, and rinse it off in the shower. It's painless and so easy. Nair is really cheap too. Try it girly! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by Saphire124 on 10/5/2011 5:33:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
my "down there" area is like super hairy, and they are long black curly hairs... it grosses me out so i just use a trimmer and trim everywhere... its great but it leaves some little black hair dots left.. should i just use a razor on those? also how often do you shave down there?

A fresh razor with some shaving cream or gel should clean the area up nicely. As for how often you need to shave down there, that's up to you. Different girls' hair grows in at different rates. You'll know when you need to shave again!

Brittany T.

by soccerlover557 on 8/25/2011 1:13:07 AM

When I talked to my mom she said when she was my age she never even talked with her friends about shaving down there. She said it was normal to trim and thats what most people did but now she says that everyone is shaving you can either do it or not. But I think if you dont shave and people find out about it, people talk about it because I have even heard my friends talk about other girls not shaving and how weird it was to be like that.

Shaving is good and being smooth down there just seems more refreshing than having a bunch of hair. I think some guys even shave down there and a lot of them seem to have hair everywhere.

by luckykel on 7/28/2011 6:12:49 PM

Hey Hey Hey
It's 100% normal to shave that hair down there. But if I were you I would I wouldn't it do it because hair down there is very sensitive and I remember my mom plucked just one hair and it killed so bad. But on the brightside it will be worth it when you look down there and your hair free!!!!

Adivce118

by Advice118 on 7/9/2011 12:02:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD im 11 and i already have hair 'down there' but it sticks out of my swim suit bottoms sometimes and its embarresing, is there anything other than shaving i can do about it and if so how do i talk to my mom about it?

Hey girly,
You can try trimming the hair with scissors or getting it waxed. You can talk to your mom by telling her exactly what you just told me. I'm sure she'll be up for helping you get rid of all that pesky hair.

Catie C.

by quinn1218 on 7/8/2011 2:38:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD...my hair has been really thick and somtimes it sticks to my underwear when my dicharge comes out and im not the only one all my friends have the same problem and i dont know when i should start shaving i want to start now but i dont know if im ready, my friend geselle already strated shaving and i want to start to?

Hey girl,

It just depends on how you're feeling. You could try it once to see if you like/dislike it, and get a better idea of if you want to keep doing it or not.  You could also try wearing a panty liner to absorb the discharge, and that may help with the problem. x0x0
Casey L.

by mozilla10 on 7/6/2011 12:19:51 PM

SOME OF MY FRIENDS SHAVE DOWN THERE SOME OF IT COMES IN AS INGROWN HAIR WHY AND IS IT NORMAL

Hey babe! It's totally normal. Your bikini line is very sensitive. To avoid ingrown hairs exfoliate your skin before you shave and use a loofah to clean and exfoliate during your shower.  Hope this helps! xoxo
Jess W.

by cet on 7/4/2011 9:13:13 AM

Mod mod mod
I have these hairs that poke out of my bathing suit bottoms from down there and it is kinda embarasing if somebody notices how can i shave or get rid of them?

Shave in the direction of the hair growth, just as you would your legs Smile

Brittany G.