3 HOURS AGO #BeautySpy: GL reader Anna I. shares her pretty, natural makeup routine: http://t.co/P3yvII6nCn pic.twitter.com/V6ISX6wkEM

4 HOURS AGO The only workout you need this summer: http://t.co/VmVICwjUfc pic.twitter.com/TmQrLcmwB2

5 HOURS AGO This story brings a whole new meaning to lifesaver: http://t.co/j4fDRmuQ66 pic.twitter.com/E8ZchgAuao

COMMENTS

Is shaving down there the norm?

All my friends say it is weird to have pubic hair and they say to shave it
all off. I know it’s my choice, but…

Hey chica, did you use regular washing soap or shaving cream?

Lynae P.

by Peace*Love*Converse on 6/4/2011 11:39:47 PM

Mod PLEASE HELP!!!!
OKay so i am going to the doctor for a checkup , i havent been to my last 4 checkups, and i dont want them to ook st my vagina... Its just weird, its fine down there, i dont have my period , im only 11, so its fine, do you think they willl understand why i dont want a vaginal exam? If not, how can i tell them?
Thanks so much
Aurora

Hey Girl,

I understand why you wouldn't want a vaginal exam, but at your age it will most likely just be the doctor taking a quick glance to make sure everything is okay.  I wouldn't fret about it too much, it's more just a formality than anything!
Kelly H.

by AuroraThompson on 6/2/2011 12:50:00 AM

is there a special razor for shaving down there

by nicolita99 on 5/31/2011 6:58:36 PM

Dont Obsess!
Its up to you what you want to do down there. I personally shave and like it fully shaved and have never had any infections because I shave all of it. And your friends may say its weird to have pubic hair because its normal to shave and trim down there but it sounds like they are obsessing about looks.

So dont fall into obsessing, we obsess about boob size and if we shave or not down there, guys obsess about the size of their down there guy part, its not worth worrying about it, just do what you want to do and be happy with it.

by luckykel on 5/31/2011 9:56:48 AM

I shaved down there and i now have about 70 red bumps. It's more noticable in a bikini than the hair was! I used shaving cream...idk what to do.

Hey girl,

That happens sometimes, it's just because it's irritated and growing in funny. Don't forget to finish your shave with a good body lotion to soothe the area!
Lauren C.

by blueseastars13 on 5/30/2011 9:37:40 PM

Why make yourself prone to infections & discomfort just because your friends are doing it? Be unique. Be different. BE yourself.

by Kikikim8 on 5/29/2011 5:36:02 PM

thanks for asking this ive been wondering same thing!

by kguyer123 on 5/28/2011 9:12:41 PM

It's totally your choice, and whatever you feel is comfy.

by bubbagirl on 5/28/2011 2:59:08 PM

Hey girls! I just wanted to let you know that if you ever need advice about anything or just want someone to talk to when you're sad...I'm here. You can tell me anything...I promise I won't judge you. I'll help you figure everything out and help you to feel happy again Smile

xoxo,