Bridget M.

is modding

4 MINUTES AGO 5 adorable party dresses for plus-sized babes: http://t.co/JRPUNoYxjl

AN HOUR AGO Yikes! @ChloeGMoretz gets hurt on set of her new movie: http://t.co/KkjBfgzpHR

1 HOURS AGO Basically 😆🎄🎁pic.twitter.com/h54JpnRRktnRRkt

COMMENTS

Is shaving down there the norm?

All my friends say it is weird to have pubic hair and they say to shave it
all off. I know it’s my choice, but…

1. Say your crush's name 5x. (FULL NAME!)
2. Say your full name.
NOW MAKE A WISH!!
*  * *
WISH HARDER!*
* * *
* *
WISH! WISH! WISH!!!
* * Now copy and paste this to the next 5 articles you read and your wish will come true in 5 days! Carrie R.

by jazzyrae on 6/19/2012 12:50:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
OK so the other day i was trying on my swimsuit to see if i could wear it for my upcoming triathlon. what i noticed is that if u looked in the middle of the part that covered the lower private areas little hairs actually poked through the fabric. would a simple trim make that go away or do i need to shave it??? i mean its not that anyone would look at the tri but if i wear it around my perverted guy friends they would make fun of me so yeah... anyways thank you!!!

Hey girlie,

That's what made me first start trimming "down there" years ago too! Those little hairs poking through bathing suits and underwear annoying me so much haha, for no reason in particular. A trim usually does the trick and keeps them from getting out there, but shaving obviously will work if that fails Smile
Lauren C.

by kjc0203 on 10/21/2011 12:31:32 AM

MOD MOD MOD...... I don't like the hair down there and it's kind of bristly. I want to shave but I don't know how to shave there without hurting something. What should I do?

Hey chica, you could get Nair. It's almost like lotion. You apply it, let it sit for a couple of minutes, and rinse it off in the shower. It's painless and so easy. Nair is really cheap too. Try it girly! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by Saphire124 on 10/5/2011 5:33:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
my "down there" area is like super hairy, and they are long black curly hairs... it grosses me out so i just use a trimmer and trim everywhere... its great but it leaves some little black hair dots left.. should i just use a razor on those? also how often do you shave down there?

A fresh razor with some shaving cream or gel should clean the area up nicely. As for how often you need to shave down there, that's up to you. Different girls' hair grows in at different rates. You'll know when you need to shave again!

Brittany T.

by soccerlover557 on 8/25/2011 1:13:07 AM

When I talked to my mom she said when she was my age she never even talked with her friends about shaving down there. She said it was normal to trim and thats what most people did but now she says that everyone is shaving you can either do it or not. But I think if you dont shave and people find out about it, people talk about it because I have even heard my friends talk about other girls not shaving and how weird it was to be like that.

Shaving is good and being smooth down there just seems more refreshing than having a bunch of hair. I think some guys even shave down there and a lot of them seem to have hair everywhere.

by luckykel on 7/28/2011 6:12:49 PM

Hey Hey Hey
It's 100% normal to shave that hair down there. But if I were you I would I wouldn't it do it because hair down there is very sensitive and I remember my mom plucked just one hair and it killed so bad. But on the brightside it will be worth it when you look down there and your hair free!!!!

Adivce118

by Advice118 on 7/9/2011 12:02:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD im 11 and i already have hair 'down there' but it sticks out of my swim suit bottoms sometimes and its embarresing, is there anything other than shaving i can do about it and if so how do i talk to my mom about it?

Hey girly,
You can try trimming the hair with scissors or getting it waxed. You can talk to your mom by telling her exactly what you just told me. I'm sure she'll be up for helping you get rid of all that pesky hair.

Catie C.

by quinn1218 on 7/8/2011 2:38:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD...my hair has been really thick and somtimes it sticks to my underwear when my dicharge comes out and im not the only one all my friends have the same problem and i dont know when i should start shaving i want to start now but i dont know if im ready, my friend geselle already strated shaving and i want to start to?

Hey girl,

It just depends on how you're feeling. You could try it once to see if you like/dislike it, and get a better idea of if you want to keep doing it or not.  You could also try wearing a panty liner to absorb the discharge, and that may help with the problem. x0x0
Casey L.

by mozilla10 on 7/6/2011 12:19:51 PM

SOME OF MY FRIENDS SHAVE DOWN THERE SOME OF IT COMES IN AS INGROWN HAIR WHY AND IS IT NORMAL

Hey babe! It's totally normal. Your bikini line is very sensitive. To avoid ingrown hairs exfoliate your skin before you shave and use a loofah to clean and exfoliate during your shower.  Hope this helps! xoxo
Jess W.

by cet on 7/4/2011 9:13:13 AM

Mod mod mod
I have these hairs that poke out of my bathing suit bottoms from down there and it is kinda embarasing if somebody notices how can i shave or get rid of them?

Shave in the direction of the hair growth, just as you would your legs Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by Mkpurple101 on 7/1/2011 11:41:09 PM

MOD MOD
I dont have to shave under my arms very much because I just dont have much hair there but I do get hair down there which I shave on a regular basis. My boobs arent as developed so is there hope since I dont have much hair under my arms that I still have developing to do which would mean I would become more developed in my chest?

Hey girl,

It's really hard to tell because everyone develops at a different pace and in different ways. x0x0
Casey L.

by luckykel on 6/30/2011 12:51:24 PM

MOd Mod I have this brown goo coming out down there and i'm pretty shure its not my period. it seems like discharge but i don't know. what is it

Yep, that sounds like discharge, hon!  The first link should answer your question and the second will give ya all the other info ya need!http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/07/30/004-Period-Questions.aspxhttp://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/09/discharge-details.aspx

mary h.

by blondie15laine on 6/28/2011 11:44:50 AM

okay, so I shaved my bikini area about 2-3 days ago I think, and ever since it has very, very itchy down there, and it still is. It also has a lot of little red dots...is that irritated hair follicles? Or what? What can I do to fix it and prevent it?

Razor burn--check out this article on how to prevent it: http://www.wikihow.com/Prevent-Razor-Burn

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by PunkRose88 on 6/17/2011 8:38:53 PM

yeah make sure that you cant see it through your bikini!

by nailslnn on 6/16/2011 8:29:50 PM

**MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD**
~i have pubic hair, i get discharge, i have breasts, and everything else. but i dont have armpit hair. im not crying over it trust me. im glad i dont have to worry about shaving there but is it normal not to have armpit hair? im turning 14 next month! please help!
~thanks~

Hey girl!

We all develop at different rates, so it is normal for you to have experienced some signs of growing up, but not others. Don't worry about it, it's completely natural. Hope that helps! x0x0
casey l.

by lazer!beam!22 on 6/16/2011 2:06:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD I shaved down there a few times, and now the hair is really long and dark (weird, i know). It makes me feel really weird. So what should i do?

Hey girl. This article should help. If you want to keep shaving mach sure you are using a sharp razor. Also try using an after shave gel.  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/06/True-or-false-Shaved-hair-grows-back-faster-and-darker-than-unshaved-hair.aspx

Mary H.

by noellastarr0206 on 6/15/2011 12:02:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
So what are u supposed to do with the hair down there? Leave it forever or are there other methods to maintain it?
Kinda confused here.

Whatever you choose--you can wax it, trim it, shave it, or leave it be.

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by Mnm123 on 6/14/2011 7:03:02 PM

now that its summer, im gonna be swimming a lot (esp. with my friends) but im really self concious of pubic hair that you can sometimes see around the edge of my bathing suit...
i hate to shave it because it seems to itch a bunch afterwards but at the same time i really wanna get rid of it-is there a way to make it stop itching (btw, i use a disposable razor)
theres never razor burn, it just itches really bad where i shaved
thanks

Hey girl!

Try using an anti-itch cream like cortisone or aloe vera to try and stop the itching. Also, don't use scented soaps or shaving cream, because those might make the area itch more. If that doesn't work, ask your doctor about which creams are best for your skin to prevent irritation after shaving. Hope that helps! x0x0
Casey L.

by XD003AMO on 6/14/2011 11:39:37 AM

When you shave down there, ifyou everstop doesn't shaving make more hair grow?

by kkeltz on 6/13/2011 11:36:22 AM

Hey girls has anybody tried trimming?

by emma23416 on 6/8/2011 3:32:22 PM

Hey chica, did you use regular washing soap or shaving cream?

Lynae P.

by Peace*Love*Converse on 6/4/2011 11:39:47 PM

Mod PLEASE HELP!!!!
OKay so i am going to the doctor for a checkup , i havent been to my last 4 checkups, and i dont want them to ook st my vagina... Its just weird, its fine down there, i dont have my period , im only 11, so its fine, do you think they willl understand why i dont want a vaginal exam? If not, how can i tell them?
Thanks so much
Aurora

Hey Girl,

I understand why you wouldn't want a vaginal exam, but at your age it will most likely just be the doctor taking a quick glance to make sure everything is okay.  I wouldn't fret about it too much, it's more just a formality than anything!
Kelly H.

by AuroraThompson on 6/2/2011 12:50:00 AM

is there a special razor for shaving down there

by nicolita99 on 5/31/2011 6:58:36 PM

Dont Obsess!
Its up to you what you want to do down there. I personally shave and like it fully shaved and have never had any infections because I shave all of it. And your friends may say its weird to have pubic hair because its normal to shave and trim down there but it sounds like they are obsessing about looks.

So dont fall into obsessing, we obsess about boob size and if we shave or not down there, guys obsess about the size of their down there guy part, its not worth worrying about it, just do what you want to do and be happy with it.

by luckykel on 5/31/2011 9:56:48 AM

I shaved down there and i now have about 70 red bumps. It's more noticable in a bikini than the hair was! I used shaving cream...idk what to do.

Hey girl,

That happens sometimes, it's just because it's irritated and growing in funny. Don't forget to finish your shave with a good body lotion to soothe the area!
Lauren C.

by blueseastars13 on 5/30/2011 9:37:40 PM

Why make yourself prone to infections & discomfort just because your friends are doing it? Be unique. Be different. BE yourself.

by Kikikim8 on 5/29/2011 5:36:02 PM

thanks for asking this ive been wondering same thing!

by kguyer123 on 5/28/2011 9:12:41 PM

It's totally your choice, and whatever you feel is comfy.

by bubbagirl on 5/28/2011 2:59:08 PM

Hey girls! I just wanted to let you know that if you ever need advice about anything or just want someone to talk to when you're sad...I'm here. You can tell me anything...I promise I won't judge you. I'll help you figure everything out and help you to feel happy again Smile

xoxo,