AN HOUR AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

1 HOURS AGO RT @InternQueen: SO excited to have execs from @USATODAYcollege @GOLINglobal @girlslifemag & more at 1st ever #InternQueenParty #DC! http:/http://t.co/FPbSl5siz2

2 HOURS AGO Glam up with @thegivermovie-inspired nail polish: http://t.co/BZdTlAzmjY

COMMENTS

How should I deal with my period at camp?

I use pads and have no desire in using tampons, but is that practical at a sleepaway sports camp?

So I have a problem. I'm going to a sleep-away camp tomorrow and I'm a day late for my period. I've had my period for about a year and a half. At the camp, we have to pee in the woods and we only get access to bathrooms in the morning and at night. I have a pretty heavy flow and I'm terrifyed that I'll bleed through my shorts. I have a backpack that I can carry supplies in (consisting of ultra tampons and super pads).

by Pandaluver001 on 7/23/2012 8:14:46 PM

I got my first period at camp! and to make it worse, it was like a school field trip thing. I didn't have any supplies, so i had to ask my teacher. After that I couldn't swim the whole time, and i was stuck in my cabin!! Frown She (my teacher) also gave all the girls a talk about first periods, at the dinner table. Luckily, no one but my friends knew that i had my period.!!

by swifty#1 on 3/14/2012 2:37:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
i'm super nervous about using a tampon this summer for the first time!!!! any advice? thanks

Hey girl,

Check out these articles! They're my favorites because they help the most. Don't forget the most important thing: PRACTICE makes perfect. It won't be super easy the first time and you might be a little nervous, but it'll get way easier the more you do it <3 I use tampons now and I can't believe I ever used anything else!

Lauren C.

by iloveballet&singing on 2/25/2012 9:37:04 PM

even though you said that you dont have any desire to use tampons they are way way better than pads! it makes your period not so hard to deal with. you should really reconsider!!!

by gymgirl1998 on 9/30/2011 8:00:30 PM

MOD
Every month at the end of my period I get horrible cramps. I am a varsity cross country runner and have a meet at on Saturday which is the day I have the worst cramps!! It is a really important race for me and I wanted to know if there is anything I can take/eat/drink that will help with cramps without slowing me down during my race. I really hope there is!!
Thanks a bunch!!

Hey girlie,

Try to rest easy the day before the race, using a heat pad/hot water bottle on your belly even if you don't hurt and drinking lots of water. The day of, take two Midol or Pamprin (or any other cramp medicine you trust) when you wake up. This could get you through the race, but definitely try asking your doc about these severe cramps the next time you go in for a checkup. Your doctor could have a simple and effective cure! Smile
Lauren C.

by imarunner on 9/22/2011 9:16:36 PM

hey ladies! if you have questions or need advice on anything, just comment on my profile and i'll be happy to help!(:

by lovelikewoah on 8/11/2011 2:26:04 PM

MODMODMODMOD kso i'm going to a sleepaway camp starting tomorrow, for 6 days . and i'm expecting my period soon , i already have like brownish discharge . so i was wondering what i should do, and how many pads and tampons i should bring . and my friends who went there last year, said that washrooms can be hard to find, HELP!

Just to be safe, you should bring as many as possible of each. Also when you get there, ask where the loation of the washroom is so that you can be familiar when the time comes

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by MrMonkee on 7/29/2011 9:15:40 PM

Mod
I dont have my period yet but i am really cionfused on how tampons work and how you get them in.

Hey girl, it's definitely tricky at first and for most girls, it's a trial and error thing. My suggestion is to a) use pads for your first period (they're what I use and they totally work too) or b) just follow the instructions. You'll get it right but it might take a try or two to get there.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by mkpurple101 on 7/27/2011 12:56:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
so i am going on vaca on sat. to an island and due for my period tomorow. do u think my period will last till sat or sun.???? i have never used tampons and i don't really want to!! but i will be in the ocean and pool basically the whole time!!! and i'm going snorkling!! is it posible for a tampon to fall out or not work???????plz plz plz plz hellpp!!! i am soooo scared!!!!

Hey girlie,

I know you might be a little resistant to tampons because they're unfamiliar, but they're really not bad at all! In order to enjoy your vacation to the fullest, relax, take a deep breath, and give 'em a try Smile How long your period will last depends on your other periods - how long did they normally take to go away? Mine usually last from Thursday-Monday (and the norm is anywhere from 4 days to 7 days), so it's possible you'll still have it on Saturday. Tampons, as long as they are inserted correctly all the way in, will not fall out - our muscles work really well to hold them in! And as long as they're inserted correctly, they'll work. Just make sure you change them every 4-6 hours depending on how heavy your period is at the time. (Sometimes you'll have to change them every 2-3 hours if it's really heavy.) Try not to worry about it too much though - using a tampon is a great way to free you during your vacation. You'll be focusing on having FUN, not your pesky period!
Lauren C.

by askme923 on 7/25/2011 5:58:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
So, I've been having my period for about 3 years(I started pretty early, im in 8th grade), and its not very regular. It always just starts on any random day, and I have no idea when its going to come. I heard that after about a year, it should be pretty regular. So, is this a problem? Should I see a doctor about it??

Hey girly,

Yes, usually after about a year your period should start being regular. You should ask your doctor about it just to make sure everything's OK. x0x0
Casey L.