Bridget M.

is modding

5 HOURS AGO 3 ways to look adorably preppy this holiday: http://t.co/urNiJo8PPo

8 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

9 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

COMMENTS

My friends aren't Christians

I know a lot of atheists, and I can’t help but get mad at them for not believing what I believe.

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok my best friend is really rude. Everybody can see it and its embarrassing and just plain unacceptable! I dont think she does it on purpose but its getting on everyones nerves.. even the teachers and parents, how do I confront her without hurting her feeling or making her mad?

Hey girl,

The best course of action here would be to start dropping hints that her behavior is not OK. The next time she says something mean, comment so she can hear you: "Wow, that's a little harsh, girl." Keep doing it when her rudeness comes out and she will start to become more self-conscious of it herself. You don't wanna sit down and blast her with how she's acting wrong, but subtly mentioning it when the behavior comes out will help her realize!

Lauren C.

by oheyisolivia on 9/15/2011 9:15:12 PM

well just remember.. your battle isnt between flesh and blood, but with the enemy(satan) just don't argue with them..

by oheyisolivia on 9/15/2011 9:11:49 PM

I just love how everyone thinks Christians are pushy and we shouldn't get to "preachy". I know atheists. All they do is call me a lot of names, and try to make me atheist. But no.. Christians are the only pushy ones. -_-

by graciecab on 9/12/2011 11:23:01 PM

I don't really have a religion, I just believe in G-d. so, my friends are ok with it.

by basketballcutie11 on 8/22/2011 3:25:03 PM

MOD
One of my closest friends is an atheiest and makes fun of Christians and God a lot, I don't want to completly tell her off, but I'm close to the breaking point! Help!

Hey Girl!

It can be awkward to talk about religion. You can tell her your comments offend you -- just don't get preachy, or try and enforce your beliefs on her. A good friend will respect your faith, whether or not she agrees.
Sarah G.

by celtina9 on 8/15/2011 1:05:36 PM

im cathloic as well lots of kids in my school are not catholic. Thats why you just have to find other things you guys have incommon and forget about your friends religion.

by gracie770 on 7/26/2011 1:48:47 PM

MODMOD!!! My cousin C is my age but she lives a few states away. We only see her 2-3 times a year for a few days each time. I've always wished I could see her more but for the last few years I've dreaded her visits! We're so different and she's a total drama queen! Plus she doesnt let me be myself. She's really open with her opinions even when they're rude and doesn't care what people think, but when I try to share my opinions she blows up at me and freaks out about how she doesn't have any friends at home and I'm her best friend- but I don't feel that way at all! But then when I apologize she says it's ok and that we're BFFs. I can't end the friendship because she's my cousin and I'll still have to see her occasionally, but pretending we're BFFs even for just a few days is so hard on me and I feel bad! What should I do??? Please help!!!

Hey girl,

Since you only see her a few times a year, it might be better just to suck it up and let her have her way. It sounds like she considers you a much better friend than you consider her, which may mean that she's lacking in the friends department at home. Because of this, and since you don't see her that often, just try to be understanding and listen to her. The next time she blows up at you, just say that it's ok for you two to disagree, and not everyone has to have the same opinions. Also, when she brings up not having any friends at home, you should try to encourage her to make some friends by explaining how you made yours. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by sparklysydafrid on 7/19/2011 9:01:20 AM

My Christian friend once attempted to do that to me. Isn't that illegal? In America, you can be any religion you want, or follow no religion.
Would the girl also do that to her, say, Jewish friends?

by Freakout911 on 7/11/2011 11:47:03 AM

I'm atheist and I have to deal with all my christian and Catholic friends the way I deal with it is we just don't talk about religion that way I avoid a LOT of drama.

by cpepper on 7/9/2011 8:35:23 PM

My BFF Sammy is really depressed. Her boyfriend was cheating on her, her dad lost his job, her parents are fighting, her family is losing their house, she just found out that she has Hypoglycemia, her older brother keeps bothering her, her older sister is pregnant, and she's always stuck babysitting her 8 year old sister. I'm getting really worried about her. She keeps saying how much she hates her life and how she wants to kill herself. All week we've done her favorite things, but she hasn't been getting any better. I'm really scared because were only 13 and she already wants to die, I'm really worried about her! What should I do? Please help!
Katy

Check out this page on "Tough Stuff": http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx It covers different areas that are tough in life. There you will find out info on the best way to help your best friend.

Brittany G.