1 HOURS AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

2 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

3 HOURS AGO Running out of time and hungry? Here are some great quick and easy snacks for you on the go! http://t.co/ouxTdKAWHT

COMMENTS

My friends aren't Christians

I know a lot of atheists, and I can’t help but get mad at them for not believing what I believe.

Hey, uh, monglo99,
I'll give you some advice. First off, make sure you stay strong in your religion, OK, sweetie? You are super nice and caring for helping them stop, but if they choose to do that, that's their choice. You can still hang out with them, but don't go under the influence. God would not give you anything you can't handle. If you want more advice from me, go to my advice queen page. It's called Christiangal345. Thanks, hon. And good luck. Smile

by Christiangal345 on 6/13/2012 6:10:33 PM

ummmmmmm hello? catholics are christians, we were the FIRST christians. put that in your pudding cup

by dutchess362 on 5/18/2012 3:19:32 PM

Two of my BFF's are atheist, and one claims she is Jewish. She says she is Christian but follows Jewish ways, I personally don't understand it. But the thing is, my "Jewish" friend cuts herself and one of my other atheist friends does too. I've tried talking to them about it and how, even if you don't beleive it, your body is a temple and is meant to be respected. They tell me I'm full of it and walk away. I have another friend that is Catholic, like me. And she was going around telling people not to cut themselves and then she started to! She laughed it off and said it wouldn't happen agin but it has. Then they all started saying how that cutting themselves makes them pure. i love all of them i mean they're my besties, and I just want them to treat themseleves with respect but can't find the words to say. Can i please get some advise on this?

by monglo99 on 5/15/2012 4:14:45 PM

Mod Mod Mod
My friends celebrate christmas but only the presents and Santa Claus part. They never go to church and I'm not even sure they believe in heaven. Can I tell her that she should come to my church?

Hey girl, It might be a nice gesture to invite your friends, if they're interested in going, but you don't want to seem like you're telling your friends or their families how to celebrate. It's also something their parents might not be comfortable with, so this is an area where you have to be kinda careful. Think of it this way - you probably wouldn't like it if your friends tried to get you to change the way you celebrate Christmas! I'd say ask them if they're interested and if not, let it go.

xoxo Allie

Allie S.

by dancegirl1309 on 3/25/2012 8:08:00 PM

Ya know, I'm religious too... it isn't easy, but being religious AND homeschooled... that's even harder... but all I have to say is to stay strong in your religon!!! I'll be praying for you Smile God Bless you!

by 89beautygirl on 3/7/2012 12:50:16 AM

i am an atheist so i have like the opposite problem with all my friends!! ugh sometimes i am sick of them trying to convert me and stuff

by kaymalu on 3/4/2012 10:33:13 PM

Thank you so much for this article. When I read the headline, I thought it was going to be all,"Don't push your religion on people, everyone's religion is true!" That is so obviously a lie because some people believe that Jesus is God, and some people don't, but he can't be God and not be God!!!

by spencer9800 on 2/29/2012 7:17:21 PM

i had a "friend" who did that 2 me in 4th grade. i haven't really hung out with her since.

by iloveballet&singing on 2/26/2012 1:48:46 AM

anyone relize that she said christian then catholic Tong

by usmcbratknc on 2/11/2012 9:44:17 PM

My friend at school is an atheist also but she never is rude to me about my religion.
Guess it just depends on your friends

by maui3343 on 2/6/2012 6:48:06 PM

My friend says that catholics are soo different from christians because of a few little things. Then we get into argument and i just want her to understand!

by yoshilover1 on 1/30/2012 7:43:37 PM

Hey,my cusine husband parents don't celebrate Christmas and i'm fine.People have differnt cultres.WOW!!!!!!!!

by girlygirl5202003 on 1/13/2012 10:11:54 PM

i hate it when people say i'm not a christian because i'm catholic...
i've even had my friend's mom dislike me because i'm a catholic!
people always make up rumours about catholics... what should i do!?

Hey girly,

The best thing that you can do is ignore it. People can be really mean about that sort of thing, but don't let it change what you believe in. If these people don't like you because of your faith, then they're not worth it.

Catie C.

by Blushing-Beauty on 1/5/2012 11:38:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
There's a girl at my school who is ALWAYS trying to steal the spotlight!She copies everything I do!!!
My mom said it's because I am a very likeable (and popular) person, and that the girl tries to hang with me to get the same attention.So she feels she has to beat me to get more attention!I keep telling her that that's NOT cool, but she won't listen.WHATDOIDO????!!!!

Hey Girl,

Your mom is probably right on this one, and if this girl is determined to treat everything like a contest, the best thing you can do is ignore her. People like her get their fuel from people noticing their actions, so if you ignore her, she won't make as big of a scene about being in the spotlight. Good luck!
Rachel N.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 12/12/2011 3:18:54 PM

MOD MOD
I am catholic. A girl in my science class isn't, and when we were talking about theories about the making of earth, she said it wasn't possible for God to exist and he couldn't have made the world out of nothing. I just didn't say anything, because She's friends with all my friends, and I didn't want to make it awkward for them. But she says things like this, where its more annoying than hurtful to me, and half of our class. How do I make it easier to be around her and her non-caring ways since we have the same friends?

Heres the thing about life - there are going to be some opinionated people out there who are going to voice those opinions often. The only thing you can do is just deal with it. Remember everyone is entitled to their own opinions and just et it go. Fighting with her or anything like that is not worth your time. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by spazzysarah on 12/11/2011 7:49:35 PM

Hi Girls
Everyone has thier on religon and some people might get a let harsh about are you a christian are you this and that but you should always expect people for the way they are and if someone starts talking about there religon just say i`m sorry i don`t want to start any argument but i have different belifes than you .

by BussyBabesz on 12/10/2011 11:09:36 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Most of my friends are i think christian, and they keep talking about the bible and communion. I respect them and their beliefs but I feel left out when they talk about that because I'm not really any religion and I don't know anything about what they are saying. How can I ask them to stop without sounding like I don't respect them and make them mad at me?
Thanks!!!
<3 Leigh <3

Lynae P.

by cucu4cocopuffs2246 on 11/26/2011 6:36:01 PM

Actually pinkzebra97, christianism and catholicism IS in somewhat way related. If you are a "Christian" then you believe in God and Catholics believe in God so there you have it. (:

by ansleyh on 11/9/2011 8:38:50 PM

i am an atheist, and i went to this week-long stay-away camp, and my roommate was STRICTLY christian, and she was all like "well, then where do you think you'll go when you die?" and "oh my gosh, did you just say oh my g*d?" and it was super annoying. she wouldn't leave me alone about it, and here i am thinking "shut the heck up, i can believe whatever i want to".

by 7200wolfgirl7200 on 11/6/2011 11:30:43 AM

MOD
I'm a bahai and i HATE IT when people are like, do you celebrate halloween? Or do you celebrate thanksgiving? EVer since this one girl found out she keeps saying that UGH and i just get SOOO mad at her how do i show her i'm not a weird person JUST because im not christian?

Kill them with kindness--smile and answer and then move on. Don't give her (or anyone else) your energy Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by chick987 on 10/22/2011 10:19:15 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok my best friend is really rude. Everybody can see it and its embarrassing and just plain unacceptable! I dont think she does it on purpose but its getting on everyones nerves.. even the teachers and parents, how do I confront her without hurting her feeling or making her mad?

Hey girl,

The best course of action here would be to start dropping hints that her behavior is not OK. The next time she says something mean, comment so she can hear you: "Wow, that's a little harsh, girl." Keep doing it when her rudeness comes out and she will start to become more self-conscious of it herself. You don't wanna sit down and blast her with how she's acting wrong, but subtly mentioning it when the behavior comes out will help her realize!

Lauren C.

by oheyisolivia on 9/15/2011 9:15:12 PM

well just remember.. your battle isnt between flesh and blood, but with the enemy(satan) just don't argue with them..

by oheyisolivia on 9/15/2011 9:11:49 PM

I just love how everyone thinks Christians are pushy and we shouldn't get to "preachy". I know atheists. All they do is call me a lot of names, and try to make me atheist. But no.. Christians are the only pushy ones. -_-

by graciecab on 9/12/2011 11:23:01 PM

I don't really have a religion, I just believe in G-d. so, my friends are ok with it.

by basketballcutie11 on 8/22/2011 3:25:03 PM

MOD
One of my closest friends is an atheiest and makes fun of Christians and God a lot, I don't want to completly tell her off, but I'm close to the breaking point! Help!

Hey Girl!

It can be awkward to talk about religion. You can tell her your comments offend you -- just don't get preachy, or try and enforce your beliefs on her. A good friend will respect your faith, whether or not she agrees.
Sarah G.

by celtina9 on 8/15/2011 1:05:36 PM

im cathloic as well lots of kids in my school are not catholic. Thats why you just have to find other things you guys have incommon and forget about your friends religion.

by gracie770 on 7/26/2011 1:48:47 PM

MODMOD!!! My cousin C is my age but she lives a few states away. We only see her 2-3 times a year for a few days each time. I've always wished I could see her more but for the last few years I've dreaded her visits! We're so different and she's a total drama queen! Plus she doesnt let me be myself. She's really open with her opinions even when they're rude and doesn't care what people think, but when I try to share my opinions she blows up at me and freaks out about how she doesn't have any friends at home and I'm her best friend- but I don't feel that way at all! But then when I apologize she says it's ok and that we're BFFs. I can't end the friendship because she's my cousin and I'll still have to see her occasionally, but pretending we're BFFs even for just a few days is so hard on me and I feel bad! What should I do??? Please help!!!

Hey girl,

Since you only see her a few times a year, it might be better just to suck it up and let her have her way. It sounds like she considers you a much better friend than you consider her, which may mean that she's lacking in the friends department at home. Because of this, and since you don't see her that often, just try to be understanding and listen to her. The next time she blows up at you, just say that it's ok for you two to disagree, and not everyone has to have the same opinions. Also, when she brings up not having any friends at home, you should try to encourage her to make some friends by explaining how you made yours. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by sparklysydafrid on 7/19/2011 9:01:20 AM

My Christian friend once attempted to do that to me. Isn't that illegal? In America, you can be any religion you want, or follow no religion.
Would the girl also do that to her, say, Jewish friends?

by Freakout911 on 7/11/2011 11:47:03 AM

I'm atheist and I have to deal with all my christian and Catholic friends the way I deal with it is we just don't talk about religion that way I avoid a LOT of drama.

by cpepper on 7/9/2011 8:35:23 PM

My BFF Sammy is really depressed. Her boyfriend was cheating on her, her dad lost his job, her parents are fighting, her family is losing their house, she just found out that she has Hypoglycemia, her older brother keeps bothering her, her older sister is pregnant, and she's always stuck babysitting her 8 year old sister. I'm getting really worried about her. She keeps saying how much she hates her life and how she wants to kill herself. All week we've done her favorite things, but she hasn't been getting any better. I'm really scared because were only 13 and she already wants to die, I'm really worried about her! What should I do? Please help!
Katy

Check out this page on "Tough Stuff": http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx It covers different areas that are tough in life. There you will find out info on the best way to help your best friend.

Brittany G.

Brittany G. Brittany G.

by JBfan97 on 7/8/2011 9:25:11 PM

*MODMODMODMOD* I've been homeschooled my whole life, and for my sophomore year of high school, my mom is letting me go to public school! I'm excited but really nervous! I've NEVER been to high school before, and I don't know how it works! I've seen movies like Mean Girls, and it makes high school look AWFUL. Is public school as bad (judgmental, rude, mean) as people (movies and books) make it out to be?

Hey girly,
No worries. High School stuff is totally exagerated in movies. Yeah, sure you might encounter some not so nice people, but for the most part, it's not that bad. Have fun next year!

Catie C.

by missymatters on 7/8/2011 1:01:10 AM

so im going to my freinds surprise birthday party and i don't know anyone going besides my friend. im kind of an intravert and not good at small talk so how do i prevent myself from hiding in the corner?

Hey girl,

All you really have to do is make sure you have a smile on your face, and try your hardest to make conversation with people. As soon as you smile and say hi to someone, the conversation will start rolling. You can think of simple questions to ask them, like how they know your friend who the party's for, and then just ask questions to get to know them from there. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by emilyb on 7/7/2011 1:35:11 PM

So my BFF's birthday is coming up, and I want to do something cool for her. I was thinking about going to the nearby ice cream shop, but I'm not sure what else to do for her. Any suggestions? Oh and keep in mind that my parents won't let me go too far from home, and I'm sort of low on cash! Thanks chica! xoxo!
~Dolcecupcakes~

Hey girl,

A really cute idea for a gift is to use the game scrabble to make a personalized board for her. Take all the scrabble tiles and form words with them, like besties, her name, and other things that remind you of her. Then glue them to the board, and you can even glue a picture or two on the board to add some decoration. She'll love it! x0x0
Casey L.

by dolcecupcakes on 7/6/2011 3:32:45 PM

im kind of atheistic and Christian. i believe and God but i also beliv science. but most of mi frndz r Christain nd they dont really care.all im saying is tht if theyr ur frndz u hav 2 accept lyk they r u can disagree bt u cant try to change their beliefs 2 urs. all im saying

by liv*laff*luv on 7/4/2011 9:52:11 AM

i have practacly the same situation. If you attend a youth group maybe ask em nonchalantly if they wanna come check it out one day but don't try to push it on them just ask like once or something. but if its boring maybe don't ask em to come... it might just make them more sure of themselves. learn to shake off ignorant things others say and except them no matter what they believe... you know the truth

by sunshinechica on 7/2/2011 7:14:47 PM

My 2 best friends became Christians and it ruined our friendship /:

by always_me on 6/30/2011 4:14:58 PM

tell them what jesus has done for them. try to invite them to your sunday school or church and see how they like it. if they do, ask them if they would like to be members of your church. *its up to their parents though

by AquaSparkles99 on 6/27/2011 11:57:58 AM

I'm a christian and i have lots of athiest friends. I dont try to push my beliefs on them i just dont talk about religion with them.

by Im.Unique.YAY! on 6/26/2011 3:08:27 PM

Seriously, OP. No. You are the kind of Religious person people don't like (mostly Christians but others can be to). I'm an atheist and I think it's absolutely fine to have believe in a God or higher power (I'm not like you), but it is COMPLETELY unacceptable to shove your beliefs down other people's throats. If you keep going through life being ignorant of others, than you will not go far, my friend.

Reread your post and think about what other people think.

You sound young btw, if you are under 13 you are still learning, but if you are over 13, than you are old enough to know how to act respectfully.

"I just want the atheists to believe in their maker, but I can't seem to do so. Can you help?"

"the atheists" That's a label and that's not acceptable.
"I can't seem to do so."- *shakes head*
"in their maker"- excuse me, who are you to say that? How do you know God is the Maker... ???

I'm not saying this to be mean, but live and learn.
-Peace and Love-

by DrAmAxQuEeNx202! :) on 6/25/2011 11:50:44 PM

Don't try to change your friend. I am an Atheist and my friend Sarah is always inviting me to her church and trying to teach me everything. It makes Christians seem very touchy and unwilling to except. What i do is just go with it. Instead of telling your friend about your religion and trying to convince her ask her about atheism. Trust me, its a huge relief. plus she might loosen up a little. Just try to feel as comfortable as possible with other religions because Christianity is not the only religion. As you get older there will be more and more Atheists.

by epic3:) on 6/25/2011 9:13:10 PM

I am an atheist and think when ppl constantly talk about "god" are annoying but I just deal I mean most of my family is religious. My boyfriend is christian and he knows I'm an atheist and respects that. Don't push other people's beliefs in religion. If you do you might lose some friends along the way.

by Randafanna2 on 6/21/2011 2:07:11 AM

Hey girl,

This is definitely a tough issue, but just remember that if they were really your friends, they would be ok with you not doing the things that they do. If they get made at you for saying "no", then sadly to say, they are not your true friends because true friends will respect the choices that you want to make.  Hope that helps! x0x0
Casey L.

by Randafanna2 on 6/21/2011 2:01:29 AM

I'm an agnostic/atheist and I have no problems with people with religions and that believe in a "god",but PLEASE don't try to push your beliefs on another.Atheists are usually atheists by choice so please respect that.And don't waste your breath on atheists, because they usually won't listen and/or convert.
Laughing

by marissa- on 6/18/2011 11:51:17 PM

Okay... I'm anathiestand no matter what anyone told me I wouldn't belief anything different. How would you like it if I constantly badgered you to try and get you to STOP beleiving. If you want to keep your friendship, leave them be

by Twinkie441 on 6/18/2011 12:19:00 AM

Hey Girlies! If yall need advice on anything im here! From religion to fashion to the confusing world of guys,I'd love to give anyone advice. I can give you instant responses without the irritation of getting an answer that leaves you in the exact position you were in and doesn't help you at all.

by Twinkie441 on 6/18/2011 12:16:16 AM

OK, seriously? Why do you care what your friends believe in? You can have church friends and that's fantastic, but you can also have friends at school who are Atheist, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Catholic, Hindu, Agnostic, WHATEVER without it interfering with your faith. Don't preach to others if you don't want them to preach back to you. It's my belief that we have the same amount of proof there is a God as we do there isn't one, and the rest is up for interpretation. IDK.

Hey girl! This sounds a little harsh. It's wonderful that you're so confident in your own beliefs, but not everyone is that way. You don't have to love what someone is preaching about, but you don't have to dislike the preacher. It took me a long time to learn that. It's up to you what you believe in, but let's let everyone have that right. And according to the Bill of Rights, everyone have the freedom of speech. Just because someone is preaching doesn't mean you have to preach back, it's great to stnad up for what you believe in. It's wonderful in fact, but you should also be considerate of other opinions. Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't ever be afraid to voice your perspective, but try doing it in a considerate and understanding tone. Thanks babe!
Jess W.

by basketballchick98 on 6/17/2011 12:12:11 PM

Yeah my school is full of mormons. . . . in fact, I might lose my friend to mormonism. Frown

by taylorswifthugger1997 on 6/15/2011 6:10:13 PM

I'm catholic but I don't no many people who don't believe in God but some are other religions but try to make the best of it and don't bring it up to your friends because religion doesn't matter!! If they ask however, you can tell them about catholicism!!SmileSmile

by abbygirl14 on 6/15/2011 11:53:43 AM

MODMODMOD Sorry this is completely off topic, but I have no clue where else to post. Anyway, I have a club that has some members in it, and one of the members is listed twice. Is it a glitch or can you delete the double? If you try deleting one and it risks taking off the member completely, then I'll be just fine with the double. Thanks!

Hey girl, unfortunately admins don't have the power to delete club members, but members can leave the club of their own will, I believe. That may be your solution there.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Faith265 on 6/14/2011 11:08:40 PM

Christians and Catholics are two totally different things. Casey L.

by pinkzebra97 on 6/14/2011 2:15:07 PM

Freedom of religion. Don't try to change your friends they should believe in what they think is right and have their own opinion.

by loki94 on 6/14/2011 1:03:47 PM

MOD
i just wanted to say thanks to Jess W. Smile you made me eel so much better!<3

I'm so glad! Any time you need advice, that's what we're here for!

Jess W.

by Gigilove321 on 6/13/2011 11:24:20 AM

so i just had my birthday party on saturday. and my closest friend of all time (e) was very anxious and excited to meet my new amazing friend (k). So when K got to my party E hug attacked her like no ones business. then the whole time they hung out together and they had just met hours ago! i'm grateful that they got along but now they are acting like they are closer than i am with e! i have always had jealousy issues with my friends! D: so please help me let this go! and i got on facebook this morning and saw that they wrote this to each other!
Darlin, K.
The impossible needs to stay impossible for a liddo while longer.. kk?
'cause, I love you INFINITY times 69 times more than the mostest...
I"m pretty sure that it's safe to say that I winn...  E
There is a way 'cause I love you more than mostest!!!111one!1111!(;
E
Hun, K
there's no WAY that you love me mo

Hey babe! It's great that you're two friends get along so well. Try hanging out with both of them individually to show how much they both mean to you. If they are posting things on each others' facebook pages it just proves that they are insecure with their newfound friendship. They would not feel the need to spout their love for each other if they were that good of friends. Try going out together, all three of you. You probably know more about K and more about E than they know about each other, so you won't feel like a third wheel. Do something that all of you can enjoy. Take relief in knowing that they're still getting to know each other. At least they get along! You girls can become so close! Have a sleep over or something and really let them get to know each other. Try not to feel threatened by their closeness. You girls can be the next three musketeers! Good luck girlie, and have fun with both your friends!

Jess W.

by Gigilove321 on 6/13/2011 9:43:51 AM

i have just about the same problem!!! Except i sometimes have troble with following god and not my friends. I grew up in a family that went to church until we got too busy and just stopped going!i have family members close to me who don't believe! Frown

by isportygirly43 on 6/12/2011 3:48:02 PM

It is up to God, to convince people to follow him (John 6:44, 16:13). The Bible also says that a Christian is supposed to "pray in the closet" (Matthew 6:5-6). Which means you are not supposed to pray in public view to impress."

by thetruth on 6/11/2011 12:14:25 AM

MOD-When I click on my club It's called Starlight on the members list its says two memebers Username and myself. It there really a member named Username or it it just a glitch.

Sounds like a glitch

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by daisymae on 6/10/2011 6:41:15 PM

HI! I ACTUALLY HAVE "THE SAME" problem. One of my really close friends is an atheist. And as a Christian, I believe that one of our duties is to "spread the word". But I also understand that this amazing person is my friend, and I have to accept her for who she is... and not pressure her into anything. Believe it or not, pressuring people into religion is not a good idead. People's beliefs need to be respected, you need to draw a line. If someone came up to you and started criticizing Catholics and their beliefs, im pretty sure you'd be upset. Please accept her(them) for the amazing young ladie(s)/gent(s)that they are! I'll be praying for you Smile

by ginger-rach on 6/10/2011 12:05:37 PM

I have a different religion than most people in my town.I don't feel like disclosing which because I have been attacked because of my beliefs before. Many of my friend are catholics and they don't always understand me and make stereo typical jokes about people from my group or try and convert me. You need to understand that trying to persuade people to your beliefs once they've made it clear they're not budging. Sometimes when you try to sway people you hurt them.Religion is a sensitive topic no one can win so it's best to avoid it.

by arg5890 on 6/6/2011 9:22:16 PM

My friend invited me to go to summer camp with her, and I agreed (of course after asking my mom!). Anyways, she gave me the form to sign up- it turns out its a REALLY religious Christian camp- and I'm not very religious. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I don't think that camp is a good match for me.

Hey girlie,

Just be honest with her! Give her a call or hang out with her, and just apologize for not being able to go. Let her know that you discussed it with your parents and, exactly like you said, you aren't sure it's a good match for you. Make sure she knows you still support her though - tell her you know she'll have a wonderful time and you want to hear all of her stories when she gets back. She might be disappointed, but it's really better to be up front about this before it gets to be too late!
Lauren C.

by actressgal24 on 6/6/2011 5:32:57 PM

Oh, I am Catholic and this made me uncomfortable.
Freedom of religion babe! You can't make them just "believe in their maker"
that's creepy.

If you really are friends with them, then you accept that they aren't necessarily the same religion as you. My best friend is Muslim, I have many close Jewish friends, and one of my besties is converting to Buddhism.

by butterflybabe on 6/5/2011 5:28:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD PLEASE HELP!! my brother is 2 years younger then me but he is really mature. He acts like he's my age and he is a good friend. But almost every time one of my friends meet him they get a crush on him. my BFF even liked him for a year. How do I get my friends to stop doing this!

Hey girlie--I'm not sure if you can have control on who they like  They seem to be drawn to his mature attitude and unless he changes, I doubt they will.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by tapgirl01 on 6/3/2011 9:28:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD PLEASE MOD!
My friend, I'll call her "Sara," is really obnoxious. Her parents broke up, she's an only child, and she's under tons of stress, but she always complains and blames me for her problems. Every time we have to do a class project she tries to compete. She turns me into a rival. She also thinks that I stole her old BFF b/c her old BFF doesn't like her much anymore but (kinda a big issue)wants to be my friend (I like her but this complicates things)!Sometimes she's nice, but she always blames me for her issues and tries to do better than me. How can I tell her (nicely)that I don't cause her issues and that I'd rather not hear about this (I've got it pretty bad, too)?
Thanks so much!!!!! Smile

Hey girlie--tell her that it bothers you that she seems to find a way to blame you for everything that goes wrong and that you have it bad too, but you don't blame her or take things out on her because you guys are friends and it would be unfair to.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by THawesome! on 6/3/2011 5:10:38 PM

Why are you getting angered by other's lack of beliefs when it does not affect you? I'm sure that the Christian figure Jesus would not have bestowed so much judgement on others. I am an atheist, but that does not hamper my knowledge on religion, in fact, a study by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public life revealed that in most instances the non-religious know more about religion than religious people (We have to know what we are rejecting/disputing). Forcing your views on atheists is a lost cause because, most likely, they already have heard it before. Before you try to convert you should learn and follow the tenets of your religion first. You will understand why atheists reject religion when you discover why you don't believe in religions other than your own.

by soccaqueen16 on 6/3/2011 1:28:22 AM

I just don't see why you feel the need to make everyone Chrisitan or whatever. I'm Chrisitan, but I'm friends with an Atheist, three Hindus, and a Russian Orthodox (though I have no idea what she believe in exactly). You should be open to other's beliefs and accept them. I find other religions captivating.

by fudgemonkey on 6/3/2011 12:45:52 AM

I am a Catholic, not a strong one, but i want to strengthen my connection with God. if you aren't Catholic or Christian, hey, that's okay, as long as you believe in the same good attitudes and morals right? but remember that if you need something to hold on to, there is a God who will bring you into his arms and love you and forgive you(:

on the other hand...i see all religions somewhat as one. we all have our gods and ways we worship them and faith, but what it boils down to is the same morals, virtues, and mannerism. if your good to me, im good to you. if your not good to me, i'll only give you my respect.

by DanceFreak99 on 6/2/2011 9:05:13 PM

I'm Christian too and you guys can talk to me about anything. I run into this problem too of trying to tell atheists and I can give advice. And you atheists, even if you don't practice a religion, not hating or bad mouthing is being civil, not being a preacher.

by laughsalotsteph on 6/2/2011 7:29:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
how do you post a question? like if i wanted to send a question like this one (4 xample) in to GL how would i do it?

Hey chica! You can post your question as a comment on any of the posts!

Chelsea B.

by soccerlover99 on 6/1/2011 8:14:04 PM

I am not any religion. I do not believe in a god. I believe that there is a panel of different people (male, female, gay, straight, transgender, white, black, asian, jewish, muslim etc. it doesn't matter as long as they are good people) and when a person dies they take a look at all the things in that person's life: all the hardships they've gone through and all the nice things they've done and then they make a group decision to let the person into heaven if the good outweighs the bad.....which for most people it does.

@oceanlover69
Just so you know racist isn't used to describe people against a certain religion. Its people who don’t accept different races. The word prejudice would be the correct term because that covers a variety of things that people can base their opinions on such as religion, or sexuality, or weight.

by teardrops on my jazz shoes on 6/1/2011 6:24:11 PM

I understand that sometimes it can be upsetting when you are around a bunch of people who have totally different beliefs than you, but you have to learn to accept it. And I disagree with everyone who says just try to convince them to become Christians. That doesn't work. Just as you have a strong faith in what you believe in, so do others. If someone else tried to convince you to believe in what they believe in, wouldn't you be annoyed and upset? I'm guessing yes, so you really have no business doing it to other people. There are always going to be people who disagree with you, but you have to learn to love and accept people despite these differences.

by supersingershannon on 6/1/2011 3:08:25 PM

Christians are not the only pushy ones. The atheist I know ALWAYS!!! Trys to make me atheist!

by graciecab on 6/1/2011 12:30:34 PM

well,I'm Muslim (& proud Smile ) & most of my friends are Muslims ,2! but i have like 4 friends who are Christians.. it gets weird some times cuz we celebrate different holidays & stuff but on the other hand i think it's AMAZING to befriend ppl w/ different beliefs!! after all God is love & love is all about accepting others just the way they are .. plus, i can learn from them more about Jesus ..& i always share w/ them all the gr8 things about Islam ! so i personally don't think that u should worry about changing others' beliefs ..

HEY GURLIES !! do u agree or disagree !? just post me on my profile Laughing

by haneen.pop.princess on 6/1/2011 11:37:22 AM

my mom is atheist and i am not really sure what i am. i mean, i don't really believe in God, but i don't full on belive there is absolutely nothing. i get really akward though when my friends talk about church and other things about religion. i don't know what to say. can anyone help me?

Hey girlie! It's totally ok that you aren't sure what you believe in -- there's no right or wrong answer. I would suggest just listening to your friends and observing their beliefs and maybe that will help you figure out your own feelings. But don't feel pressured to believe in the same things as they do -- do what feels comfortable!

Katie B.

by kittylover on 6/1/2011 11:08:38 AM

i'm jewish,and honestly,i wouldnt be suprised if we were the most hated religion of them all.you go on the internet and see all these nasty things people say about jews,its so stupi.i mean,cmon,you dont even know all of us!!growing up like this got me to understand that you have to accept people for who they are,no matter how different or unusaul they seem to you.you shouldnt judge a person by there religion are there looks,because in the end those are not the most important things in life.we are all in some indirect ways sisters.remember that.

by shanab1ee on 6/1/2011 6:14:25 AM

I just think it's so sad that in modern society we can't all get along. Discussing this topics makes me sick because most people won't love everyone. Yes,I have a religion,Christian,but I don't believe every little thing Christians do is right,I agree with some other religions too. How do we each know we are right? We may all be wrong. Only one of us may be right,or maybe all of us are right in some way. The point is,be open to everything,God loves us all.

by MadMaddie911 on 6/1/2011 2:06:16 AM

This kind of disgusts me. I'm an atheist and this just makes me mad. Every day I've got someone trying to convert me to being Catholic or Christian. Sorry honey, but you can't force people to change their minds. If that's what they want to believe, then so be it.

by sabbyeps2324 on 5/31/2011 9:49:44 PM

All these girls talking about how one religion is correct, and the other is not is bugging me. Your saying that you don't push your religion onto other people, but then you say that _____'s are in denial, and don't know what's going on. I get confused by reading all of these comments! Yes, I'm a Christian, or Methodist actually, and I have several Atheist friends. We get along pretty well. I have a deep relationship with them, and religion is one of the topics we enjoy talking about. I listen to their point of view, and then I'll tell mine. If they still don't agree, I just back off, and maybe we'll talk about it later. Maybe we won't. I think if we all just listened to everyone's point of view, it might help us understand more. Instead of just judging from the beginning.(:
-Lizzie.

by LoveingLizzie on 5/31/2011 9:35:14 PM

sometimes my friends ask me why i believe in God and why im Christian, if i didn't who made us? who made the earth the sun? the moon? I'm not Christian, I'm in a personal relationship with God and no one and nothing can ruin that relationship. I try to be more like God everyday, but its not that you should lecture your friends... start by loving them like God loves us. Dont tell them show them. Do what you think God would have done. What Would Jesus Do? WWJD?

by lovelikemagic on 5/31/2011 9:14:52 PM

Okay, I really hate it when people try to get all mad at Christians and say that they're all so pushy. I'm a Christian, and the only thing we are trying to do is help people come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. He is the only way to Heaven. THAT my friends is what Christians are trying to say, but it just doesn't always come out right. We just want everyone to know God and to come to Him. Please, if you have any questions, post your questions on my profile. Thank you for listening to what I have to say!

by pookamads on 5/31/2011 9:13:16 PM

i am an atheist, but have you ever thought about how it makes other people feel. like what if i went up to one of my friends(who is a christian) and asked them to stop following their beleifs? i think people should believe or do whatever they want without being judged.

by isyrocks on 5/31/2011 8:48:12 PM

im also Catholic and lots of my friends are Jewish or other forms of Christians...we get along because we all accept that we might believe in different things religion wise, but we have the traits that make us good friends in life...no reason to even touch on the subject of religion if we dont have to!

by gymnastg on 5/31/2011 8:39:00 PM

I want to apologize to anyone (athiest, etc.) who has had a bad experience with a Christian. But to all the people who say "just let it go, it's not your responsibility to change people", as Christians, it IS our responsiblility to be a light in this dark world and to try to change people. Not force our "religion" on them. But help them realize just how much God loves them and wants a relationship with them. I pray that everyone would see it that way.

by purple247 on 5/31/2011 8:30:12 PM

I personally am a true Christian but I know people who are catholic or just kinda neutral...not really athiest but neutral.Some of them are my good friends!Christians believe in God and that Jesus died for us.If anyone wants religion advice,or wants to know more about Christianity,don't hesitate to ask!!!

by baconlvr711 on 5/31/2011 8:27:38 PM

That's how I feel too. I'm Christian and my friends claim they're Christian but they don't act like it. They curse and say pervy things a lot and although it can be funny sometimes, I know it's not right.

by NJessicaN on 5/31/2011 8:01:36 PM

@peaches and rasberries - that is so mean to say that. don't be mean like that... that is saying bad things about a religion, which is racist. Christians are NOT in denial. not all, but some. thats mean

by oceanlover69 on 5/31/2011 7:09:09 PM

@LolaRox15 - i really don't see how it's mean. i'm sure you have been in many situations where u want people to agree with u. who knows, maybe her friends who aren't Christian keep saying things ABOUT how they aren't Christian, so it bugs her. I am a Christian, and I completely understand her question, okay? I am sure you have been in a situation like that...

by oceanlover69 on 5/31/2011 7:07:48 PM

Some of my best friends are catholic, some are jewish some are athheist. We all get along because we respect eachothers differences and know we can't change eachother. we accept and love eachother, because it doesn't matter what you beleive in, your still a person. And on a side note, atheists aren't in denial, we just aren't religious for our own personal reasons

by APPLEpie33 on 5/31/2011 7:02:51 PM

I personally have experience with religion arguments. I am Christian, and a friend ,at the time, was Hindu. So one day I was asking her about something they have called Reincarnation-and she got completely offended. Religion can be touchy with people. But as Christians, we feel that we should try to save as many sinners as we can in order for them to be accepted into Heaven. Our faith explains that everyone will have a chance to become a Christian, and won't die without having the offer. I just think that everyone should treat each religion with respect, even if you don't agree, and when you do talk of your beliefs do it with care and caution.

by hahalolomg15 on 5/31/2011 7:02:05 PM

Okay, If you have a problem with how they believe things either get over it or get new friends. I think it's dumb though how you are upset by their religion....

by icecreamsandwich13 on 5/31/2011 6:57:47 PM

I am a strong Christian, I don't mind people knowing that. I don't like it when people try to shove their believe on other. Everyone is an indivdual, I respect that they can make their own decision on what they want to believe. I find it nice to talk with my friends religion because we learn more about how each of it beliefs. This last year my stand partner was Jewish, we asked eachother questions and we learned more about each others beliefs. I feel more educated now. I do have school and church friends that way I epose myself to many different types of people and I enjoy it.
Nellie

by violins rule on 5/31/2011 6:47:33 PM

Listen to "by your side" by Tenth Avenue north, also "you are more" ♥ But look up the music video for you are more.

by krisskatt on 5/31/2011 6:29:42 PM

Seriously? That is just mean. Because don't change them. I am an atheist. There is NOTHING wrong with being atheist. If, the don't believe in "their creator"(By the way, their creator is their parents, but OK), than so what?!?!

by LolaRox15 on 5/31/2011 6:07:27 PM

i dont believe in "our maker" or whatever. god. hell no.

by janerbuy on 5/31/2011 5:56:07 PM

Christians are just in denial. I don't talk with people about religion if they aren't atheists.

by peaches and raspberries on 5/31/2011 5:44:09 PM

no offence, but u shouldn't force your friends to be christians. its a free country. all my friends are different religions and we don't fight about it.

by lipsmackergal5 on 5/31/2011 5:42:52 PM

I feel for you. I go to a catholic school so a lot of my friends are catholic, but my neighbor is Jewish and things are kinda awkward between us sometimes. Frown

by spicyllamachick2120 on 5/31/2011 5:33:56 PM

I totally understand. I'm also a Christian, and many of my friends have different beliefs or none at all. I don't get in fights about it with them though- sometimes I tell them not to mess around with religion, but I think you should let them be. Teens don't like to think about serious stuff like going to heaven or reaching salvation. After a while you can speak with them about this beacuse they have matured.
if you dont agree with my view, thats ok.

by ahackbardt on 5/31/2011 5:10:31 PM

I know how you feel! I go to a catholic school and this one boy in my class goes to it because he was bullied at the public schools. He's Athiest, and he always asks people why we believe in God because God doesn't exist. We just tell him that we have different beliefs! It really gets on my nerves sometimes.

by puppylover1152 on 5/31/2011 5:08:14 PM

I'm atheist. I've looked into different religions and depths of spirituality, and I dont agree with any of them. Basically, I believe that there is no one true religion and that as long as you are happy with what you believe in and you don't harm any people in the process of believing in your faith, I'm fine with it. My only issue with religion is when people start the holier-than-thou bit like what I've been reading in these comments and what the girl asking for help in the article displays. Until there is absolute concrete proof that God exists (and I'm not talking about the Bible. That book is so convulted and mis-translated and re-translated that we will never agree on what it says, let alone the existence of God) then they have no reason to try and convince people to believe in ways that they don't believe. I'm homeschooled in a deeply Christian environment, and I face this attitude all the time. Enough, I dont hurt anyone. Let me believe what I want

by rockinlishy on 5/31/2011 4:58:49 PM

I know about what you're talking about. One of my friends is Methodist and we'd get into arguments about things. Mostly abortion, because she thought it was okay and I didn't. We now avoid the topic altogether. Chances are, you can try all you want but they're never change their beliefs.

by beth_elbow123 on 5/31/2011 4:45:46 PM

Atheists are just in denial. I don't talk with people about religion if they aren't Christian.

by Alle93 on 5/31/2011 4:38:03 PM

I don't think that anyone should be told what to do in terms of religion! it's there choice!

by rach<3kampkohut on 5/31/2011 4:36:29 PM

i have exactly the opposite problem!!! i find it really annoying when my friends try to make me believe in something i don't! being atheist isnt bad and i think that real friends shouldnt try to change you and love you the way you are. Some of my friends are like that (only one really) and we learn about the big bang theory in science and shes always like, this is stupid! how could anybody believe this? or 'god made everything, what are they talking about?' so before you annoy your friends, please think about this, you should try to be in other people's shoes sometimes. i hope i dont sound mean

by awesomegirlisawesome on 5/31/2011 4:34:20 PM

hey girl-i understand! wll i go 2 a catholic school but we go 2 gym w public school kids-and my boyfriends lutheran-so instead of gttin mad at them try 2 explain 2 them y u believe in wat we believe( by the way im catholic incase u havent already figured that out)and y u wnt them 2 believe in that 2 - thn c y thy dnt believe in wat we believe and try 2 explain the difs between eachothrs believes and tll thm wat proof we hav that wat we believe in is rite! if u need examples please ask on my profile!

by emma s on 5/31/2011 3:56:57 PM

my bff is atheist and i'm Lutheran... it doesn't bother me at all. i don't even think about it.

by SuperSquirrel on 5/31/2011 3:56:05 PM

I was born a catholic but I've recently decided to become buddhist. All of my friends are christians, but I have learned to accept their religion. I haven't told my school friends, because I'm worried they'll think I'm weird. I still have to go to church with my family, but I like it because I sill kinda believe in god even though buddhists don't. If they're your friends, just forget about their religion and love them for who they are! They probably have a very good reason for being athiest too(:

by jackieluvz on 5/31/2011 3:14:05 PM

hey, sorry this is totally off topic!!! i love to read but lately i havent found anything good. just recently though, i did. but lucky me, i have finals and regents to study for. i was wondering if you thought i should bring that distraction into my studying. of course, everyone needs breaks, but im not sure i can trust myself to stop when i need to. i know i have all summer to read but i think i might go crazy with only my textbooks to read. thanks for your input!!

Hey chica! It's totally okay to take study breaks (and they can actually help you by preventing you from getting burnt out studying) and reading is a good activity to do while taking a break. Make sure that you have a set a specific amount of time for your breaks and stick to your schedule. Have a parent or friend help keep you honest.

Rhea R.

by xTayTayTallx on 5/31/2011 3:07:45 PM

MOD hey
my friend is being kind of mean to me right now. I told her that i don't know who aerosmith is and when people say Steven Tyler i automatically think of the American Idol judge and that's it. She made me listen to one of their songs and i said that i don't like Aerosmith or steven tyler and she told me that she had no respect for me and walked away. I am really mad and i have tried telling her that it is an opinion but she always says "it's you against the world" and gets mad. What should i do???

Hey girlie! Give your friend some space and allow her to cool off. She may just need some time to realize that she's overreacting. At a much later time, you can explain to her that it frustrates you when she doesn't respect your opinions.

Rhea R.

by clairebear694 on 5/31/2011 2:58:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I need your advice i have a friend who keeps push her region on me. Ill say this in her defence though...i dont have a regilon.....BUT i do belive in god thats all that should matter right??????? should i be mad at my friend for bothering me about regilon, cuz it gottin to the point where i dont want to be around her any more cuz that ALL WAYS her topic....

Hey girlie! You're entitled to your own opinion and your friend should realize that. Remind yourself of why you like having her as a friend and tell her why, but let her know that you don't want religion to be the only thing you talk about.

Rhea R.

by redpanda819 on 5/31/2011 1:55:09 PM

Why do my comments never show :l

by graciecab on 5/31/2011 1:53:38 PM

I HATE when atheists tell me i'm wrong and its stupid to believe in God!

by graciecab on 5/31/2011 1:53:15 PM

What makes you believe your beliefs are the right ones and that every body should believe in them?! you have no right to try and force your beliefs on someone.

Hey girls please check out my profile Smile i also give advice so come and comment! Smile

by wednesday1408 on 5/31/2011 1:43:14 PM

that sounds frustrating, but it seems like this person who sent in the article isn't beng very nice. they mean well, but should leave it alone because it can really hurt others' feelings. it's like you can believe in jesus and he can love everyone, and then they can love someone or something else and what's so wrong about all this love?! i like what they said. don't take inconsistencies as a flaw, the world would be a SUPER boring place if we were all the same.

by dance_on_dreams on 5/31/2011 1:40:51 PM

@mlev101-

Same for me! Only my mom and a few friends know I'm atheist, and my mom and all of my friends (except one) are totally accepting. My mom still makes me go to church because it's a "family activity." I feel pretty uncomfortable there, but I don't mind too much. I mostly don't want my grandma to know I'm atheist. My family has some close friends who are atheist, and when we mentioned that to her, all she said was "Oh" and I could her disgust in her voice. So I'm DEFINITELY not telling her!

by GoldenGirl113 on 5/31/2011 1:04:34 PM

I'm a Catholic and I know what I believe is right, but it bothers me when people criticize the Christians. All they here about is the corrupt churches so they're assuming that all people who are Christian must be like that, I assume Muslim people have the same problem because all people are seeing are the extremists so people assum that they're all the same. It also annoys me when people deny the existence of God, I mean they have no proof so why do they have to bash what I believe in?
Sorry for my rant but I just needed to get that off my chest.
God bless you all

by Getfitwithme on 5/31/2011 12:53:33 PM

I hate it when people believe that only their religion is right. I've known people like that, and I don't appreciate it when people try to make you convert and say that their religion is the only religion. I mean, look at me! I am half Jewish and half Christian, and I love having access to two different cultures. Katie B.

by purplgurl on 5/31/2011 12:23:15 PM

Everyone is different,and God wants us to love everyone the same no matter what. Except these friends for who they are,a real friend would. Are they kind? That is all that matters. Maybe they'll teach you something about yourself. You're lucky to be able to have friends with different beliefs,most people don't,so they end up strictly only believing in one religion,you are very lucky to have have friends that aren't exactly like you. Katie B.

by MadMaddie911 on 5/31/2011 12:08:54 PM

i try not to "force" people into what i believe although it might come across that way im sry for Zozogur and Goldgirl113 for those ppl who it did seem as though they forced there belief upon you

by lilypod14 on 5/31/2011 11:28:51 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
i am atheist, but only my mom knows about it. i know that if my aunt and grandma find out they will be upset, my grandma finds faults in me all the time. only four of my friends know (one atheist, one catholic, two who arent really sure what kind of christian they are). i know that most of my other friends wont care, but how can i keep this from my family, when we are all supposed to start going to the same church. my mom cant cover for me much longer. please, i need help

Hey Girl,

I so wish I could offer some great advice. Unfortunately since I’m not an expert on the matter, I don’t want to point you in the wrong direction. Try having a chat with the good old ‘rents. I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to help you get things squared away.     , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Kelly H.

by mlev101 on 5/31/2011 11:28:39 AM

Let your friends believe in what they want to believe in. Of course you should have a word with them to at least try and convince them to believe in Christianity. If Jesus couldn't persuade somebody into belief he performed miracles, but I bet he would be okay if you just let it go. I for one am a Christian and am available to chat whenever.

by nutmeg22 on 5/31/2011 10:15:14 AM

I'm agnostic, and agree with Goldengirl113. I'm totally proud of myself for coming to my personal opinion, and I really don't appreciate people trying to FORCE their beliefs on me, and treating me like I'm wrong. Just leave everyone alone, and let's all mind our own business, please.

by Zozogur on 5/31/2011 10:12:07 AM

That was a good questionSmile if u need help girlys I'm always hereSmile I am a Christian and it is upsetting to see your friends different opinions, but remember to just stay strong loving Jesus alone and be a Christian example so that they might want what you have;)

by Shorty33 on 5/31/2011 8:13:18 AM

I'm atheist, and I HATE when people complain and tell me I'm wrong. I can't stand people who do that.

by Goldengirl113 on 5/31/2011 8:11:55 AM