11 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

14 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

15 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

COMMENTS

What is Memorial Day, anyway?

You get the day off from school, but do you have any idea why? We've got the 411 on the national holiday that announces the arrival of summer.

mod mod mod******
my summer GL issue hasn't arrived yet.. do you know when it is suposed to arrive or if it should have arrived already?
thanks! <3

Hey babe,

It's our June/July issue, so you should have it by the end of May. If you don't have it once June 1 rolls around, report your missing issue by following the instructions on that page Smile
Lauren C.

by peacelovelabs on 5/30/2011 4:38:26 PM

so appreciative to live in the USA!! Some people have died trying to get what we have. We should be very thankful.

Happy Memorial Day Er'ybody!

by whitecoconut on 5/30/2011 3:28:46 PM

Im not doing anything today :/

Hey girls please check out my page and ill check out yours. I also give advice on anything and everything so please comment Smile

by wednesday1408 on 5/30/2011 12:49:41 PM

My grandad fought in the war, but he didn't die, but he is dead now (from old age). We are going to put flowers on his grave. God bless all the members of the military and their families. I pray that they all return safely and that their families have the strength, hope and faith they need to get through any time when family members are deployed.

by Ej410 on 5/30/2011 11:48:35 AM

Hey people! Join my two clubs:
Book Chatty, where we talk about anything book-related! And I will choose officers anytime between June 1st and June 15th.
Animal Luvers, where we talk about anything about animals! And I will choose officers anytime between June 1st and June 15th.

by koolkat21 on 5/30/2011 11:44:20 AM

I have to say thank you so much GL for writing this article. My dad is a firefighter and I have a cousin in the Militery and another cousin is a marine so this is very important to me. My grandfathers brothers all fought in the war and died. Thanks again GL! I just want other people to know what Memorial Day really is.

by softballgirl11 on 5/30/2011 11:29:47 AM

Yesterday my fam had a cookout/bonfire for it since today it didn't work out. I'm so thankful that there are people who are brave enough to give their lives for us to be safe.

by pinkandlime on 5/30/2011 11:25:29 AM

@peacelovegoogle
calm down. after i few years i would be annoyed because i would never be able to do anything for my birthday too. oh its just my birthday? my birthday is the day i was born so its kinda important and crucial to my living...
yes i agree Memorial Day is important and i am extremely thankful for everyone who died fighting for us but its a birthday. I'd like to celebrate my living a few times.

by RockNRollx3o on 5/30/2011 11:22:27 AM

@iwuvhamsters Honestly?!?!?! People GAVE their lifes so we could live freely. ALL you care about is not doing anything for your birthday because of it?!?!

For those of you that didn't see, this is what she posted:

memorial day is always the day before or on my birthday so i never get to do anything with my friends for my birthday cuz im always being dragged to a picnic

by peacelovegoogle on 5/30/2011 11:02:12 AM

I admire everyone that gave their life for us.

by peacelovegoogle on 5/30/2011 10:58:39 AM