23 MINUTES AGO Computer Engineer Barbie can't succeed without a man—no bueno 🙅:http://t.co/WemjfqTp8pp

AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 cool cats power up with a Mojo Vogue BattStation 5600 from @goibattz: http://t.co/NHrxMRKGmT

2 HOURS AGO 4 lip balms that you can actually eat: http://t.co/y3nvZba2B2

COMMENTS

What is Memorial Day, anyway?

You get the day off from school, but do you have any idea why? We've got the 411 on the national holiday that announces the arrival of summer.

I went four wheeling with the famSmile

by ElliMichael on 6/2/2013 3:06:50 PM

i marched in my town parade, i felt so honored.

by sammyy99 on 5/27/2013 7:53:17 PM

I'm going 2 my friends house and were having a BBQ and swimming in the pool, classic Memorial Day. Happy Memorial Day!!! 😃🇺🇸

by Dontmesswithme on 5/27/2013 1:08:42 PM

Heading over to a family friends house later on for just a casual barbecue and chilling outside..should be fun!! It is SUCH a beautiful day today and I've been inside doing homework all weekend so I really want to get out in the sunshine!! Smile Happy Memorial Day everyone!<3

by maggie183 on 5/27/2013 12:00:12 PM

My brother became the fourth generation to be in the military Smile So I know how a military child feels like, but thankfully I have never lost anyone close to me in battle. God bless America!

by julybaby01 on 5/27/2013 11:45:00 AM

Memorial Day means a ton to me, because I want to be a Air Force pilot. So I'm always just hoping I won't be remembered on Memorial Day, I'll be there marching in parades, telling everybody of the heroic deeds of those who died. God Bless the USA!!!!!

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 5/27/2013 10:19:27 AM

@RockNRollx3o
thank you for seeing the light of day!
my family dosent even say happy birthday to me because they are so stressed out...

by iwuvhamsters on 7/15/2011 1:54:12 AM

@peacelovegoogle
yeah! because you know what all im thinking. your a sheep. so what if i have a different opinion, and my comment is already posted once you dont need to post it again. if people really care about what i say they can help in not promoting american lazyness and click a couple of numbers.

Hey babe! This sounds a little hostile. It takes so much energy to be angry, it's so much easier to be nice and polite to everyone. xoxo
Jess W.

by iwuvhamsters on 7/15/2011 1:51:36 AM

Hey!! Chicas! Join my club the sagittarius sistahs! WE luv being a sagi there! Also join my other club popullar books! We talk about pop. books like:

THE HUNGER GAMES TRILIOGY!
HARRY POTTER
TWILIGHT
THE UGLIES
THE CLIQUE
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS
and much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Join, spots like president, VP, secretary need to be filled up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv u2

by briana13 on 5/30/2011 5:51:35 PM

We talked about what memorial day meant in JROTC class and I think no matter what you are doing make sure you take a few minutes to think about those who have died for us.

I marched in a parade yeaterday then climbed a mountain at 2 in the moring to watch the sun rise then went to my boyfriend's sister's BBQ!

by skatefun on 5/30/2011 5:32:13 PM

mod mod mod******
my summer GL issue hasn't arrived yet.. do you know when it is suposed to arrive or if it should have arrived already?
thanks! <3

Hey babe,

It's our June/July issue, so you should have it by the end of May. If you don't have it once June 1 rolls around, report your missing issue by following the instructions on that page Smile
Lauren C.

by peacelovelabs on 5/30/2011 4:38:26 PM

so appreciative to live in the USA!! Some people have died trying to get what we have. We should be very thankful.

Happy Memorial Day Er'ybody!

by whitecoconut on 5/30/2011 3:28:46 PM

Im not doing anything today :/

Hey girls please check out my page and ill check out yours. I also give advice on anything and everything so please comment Smile

by wednesday1408 on 5/30/2011 12:49:41 PM

My grandad fought in the war, but he didn't die, but he is dead now (from old age). We are going to put flowers on his grave. God bless all the members of the military and their families. I pray that they all return safely and that their families have the strength, hope and faith they need to get through any time when family members are deployed.

by Ej410 on 5/30/2011 11:48:35 AM

Hey people! Join my two clubs:
Book Chatty, where we talk about anything book-related! And I will choose officers anytime between June 1st and June 15th.
Animal Luvers, where we talk about anything about animals! And I will choose officers anytime between June 1st and June 15th.

by koolkat21 on 5/30/2011 11:44:20 AM

I have to say thank you so much GL for writing this article. My dad is a firefighter and I have a cousin in the Militery and another cousin is a marine so this is very important to me. My grandfathers brothers all fought in the war and died. Thanks again GL! I just want other people to know what Memorial Day really is.

by softballgirl11 on 5/30/2011 11:29:47 AM

Yesterday my fam had a cookout/bonfire for it since today it didn't work out. I'm so thankful that there are people who are brave enough to give their lives for us to be safe.

by pinkandlime on 5/30/2011 11:25:29 AM

@peacelovegoogle
calm down. after i few years i would be annoyed because i would never be able to do anything for my birthday too. oh its just my birthday? my birthday is the day i was born so its kinda important and crucial to my living...
yes i agree Memorial Day is important and i am extremely thankful for everyone who died fighting for us but its a birthday. I'd like to celebrate my living a few times.

by RockNRollx3o on 5/30/2011 11:22:27 AM

@iwuvhamsters Honestly?!?!?! People GAVE their lifes so we could live freely. ALL you care about is not doing anything for your birthday because of it?!?!

For those of you that didn't see, this is what she posted:

memorial day is always the day before or on my birthday so i never get to do anything with my friends for my birthday cuz im always being dragged to a picnic

by peacelovegoogle on 5/30/2011 11:02:12 AM

I admire everyone that gave their life for us.

by peacelovegoogle on 5/30/2011 10:58:39 AM

my fam is gardening 2day. we r planting our annual garden. it is a family event and i am super psyched!!!

by soccerlover99 on 5/30/2011 10:53:48 AM

Thank you to all those who fought, and gave their lives so that we can be safe, and have a good life.

by rainbowsparkle98 on 5/30/2011 10:45:12 AM