COMMENTS

100 cute summer outfits

We’ve got your cheat sheet for how to look flat-out fab this summer.

um, really? i had no idea that jeans with a plad button up shirt spoke "country." it might be that I live in the "west" but i see this type of outft ALL THE TIME

by krazy198 on 6/4/2011 9:58:21 AM

great article, but i really doubt girls will be wearing pants and jeans in 90-100 degree weather..

by GottaLoveLaura on 6/4/2011 8:12:37 AM

Mod,
I'll be wearing a pink pair (sort of peachy pink) of shorts and a brown-and-pink flowered tee on Monday, hanging out w/ my crush at school. I'll also be wearing some sandals and a Titan watch to go along. I need some hairstyles (no messy ones) for someone who has black wavy hair, medium length. I have a 3/4 inch curling iron at home, but no flat iron. What would you recommend? Also, is there a substitute for hairspray? If not, what is the cheapest one you can buy at target?

Hey babe,

That outfit sounds so cute! Definitely perfect for summer. As for your hair, the cheapest hair spray I found at Target is Suave Extra Hold. It comes in a pink bottle and is a little over $2. Here are links to some styles that I think might pair with that outfit really well!

Lauren C.

by violaplayer09 on 6/4/2011 2:32:15 AM

MOD!!!!!!!
(I posted this comment for the first time two days ago, but it never actually got posted.) Hey I absolutely love that top in the photo above. Its the red, white, blue, yellow, green, and black one in the 100 cute summer outfits article. Do you possibly know where to get it???? Thank You so much!!!!

Hey girlie--try Fashion Bug!

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by appaloosa711 on 6/3/2011 10:59:17 PM

I wear plaid button down shirts tucked into skinnies all the time! My friends (and not to mention grand parents)love it!

by chocolateworld12 on 6/3/2011 7:49:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Tomorrow i'm going to the zoo with a group of friends! I wanna look cute but comfy and modest and its probly gonna be really hot too. I'm 16 if that helps at all. I have some blue-ish cargo capris, or jeans or shorts and stuff, but idk what to wear! Can you also help with hair too? Thanks so much! Smile

Hey girl, it depends on the temperature. I would say shorts is the best way to go though. It can get really hot walking around in the sun! Definitely not jeans!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by bennylovesyou on 6/3/2011 12:22:35 AM

MOD What would be a good thing to wear and a nice way to do your hair for the first day of middle school? Thanks so much!

Hey girlie,

Since it'll probably still be hot on your first day, I'd probably go for a high ponytail with your hair smoothed down on top. It's sleek, it's clean, and it's cool - perfect so you can focus on school and your friends! Smile
Lauren C.

by cupcakek99 on 6/2/2011 6:10:49 PM

In the summer I have a hard time finding cute, modest clothes. I adore the sleeveless dresses, shorts, skirts, and tanks that are posted on GL, but most of the clothes don't make my standards. It's tough finding dresses that cover my shoulders, and dresses, shorts, and skirts are always too short. And obviously tanks are off-limits. In the winter I don't really have to worry, but in the hot weather I can't throw a sweater over a tank or dress to make it modest. I hate the tee-and-capris combo I always wear, because my real style is much more funky and fun. Please help me! Thanks

Hey girl,

There are plenty of cute maxi dresses out this season that you can wear with cropped cardigans. I would also look at summery blouses as well!

danielle D.

danielle D.

by thecupcakequeen on 6/2/2011 4:58:33 PM

a lot of this stuff is jeans....i live in florida and no way will i be wearing jeans this summer!
all i'll be wearing is short-shorts, tank tops/t-shirts, and flip-flops
oh and btw...no one gets that dressed up to go to the beach (:

by aria<3 on 6/2/2011 7:57:15 AM

I'm getting my hair trimmed soon and I wanna get something different, so I want bangs! Smile My hair comes down to about my shoulder blades and I wanna keep the length. This is gonna sound wierd but Kyle Burns from Forever The Sickest Kids, I want his bangs! Here's a pic if you've never seen em http://a816.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/l_db0b26a5463922c9ecd16d7c3d63c6ff.jpg Could I get those bangs but keep my long hair? And would it be wierd to ask for a guys bangs??? Thanks MOD!!!!

Hey Girl,

I'm sure whatever you do will look fierce! It will be nice to have a new look for the summer season. Just make sure you go to someone you trust!
Kelly H.