8 HOURS AGO Bust out a brand new you! How, you may ask? We have all the answers right here!: http://t.co/hC70M42weR

8 HOURS AGO Who run the world? Girls (& tampons)!: http://t.co/sF2jsA3yCU

8 HOURS AGO RT @Amber_Montana: Thanks for including me in your magazine this month @girlslifemag! pic.twitter.com/i536Du2w8k

COMMENTS

Are down-there diseases caused by shaving?

I sorta want to shave but I don't know how...

Mod Mod MOd
OK so im only 12 but i have A LOT of hair down there and a lot of times there seems do be ingrown hairs. I have curly hair, but does that really make a difference?

Hey Girl--

It's totally normal to have a lot of hair down there. If you feel self-conscious you can try shaving waxing.

best of luck
simone s.

by chandler218 on 8/7/2012 3:46:45 PM

Mod Mod Mod
all my friends shave down there and my mom said I should so I did. but I got a really bad rash and it didnt go away until after the hair grew back. I really want to shave but I dont want to get anothr bad rash how can i prevent that?

Hey girlie!  Sounds like you got a bad case of razor burn, every girl's worst enemy!  There are creams and other products to keep that from happening.  You can also try exfoliating the area before and after shaving.  Use your loofah or a washcloth to wash the area and use lots of soap when you shave.  Good luck!  xoxo

Kate G.

by bonjovibabe on 7/5/2012 4:22:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I shaved down there and used a shaving cream-somewhat a lot but now it itches and kinda hurts there. Like there are some small pimple/red irritated spots there too. Also, right after I shaved, it didn't cut all of the hair and i could see some from under my skin and poking out like it wasn't cut. I used a new shaver too.

Hey girl,

This type of irritation is totally normal the first few times you shave! Read this article for tips on how to get through this without pain. In the meantime, rub a lil bit of Neosporin on the spots that hurt and wait for it to go away. Try to wear looser clothes and all-cotton panties for your sensitive skin to get used to being exposed!
Lauren C.

by savannah.renae on 8/1/2011 6:09:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD , i just shaved down there but only on the top cause i thought maybe if i shaved every thing i might get infected but now when i touch the top of my private area its pointy like the hairs and it hurts,i put cream maybe to smoothe it out but it didnt work i didnt cut myself but i also didnt use shaving cream so is that a bad thing it hurts when i touch it like the hairs ?

Ow! Girl, you really should use soap or shaving cream. I like Kiss My Face's shave lotions. I use one that smells like mint and has a cooling sensation. Have you tried antibiotic ointment? Please don't try shaving again until the hair grows back. If it gets really bad see a doc. These articles might help too:

mary h.

by mozilla10 on 7/13/2011 12:01:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!

Hey girl, do you have a question? Smile

mary h.

by mozilla10 on 7/13/2011 11:57:46 AM

Discharge is like a clear substance in your underware that is kinda sticky i have mine like everyday even when im not thinking about boys

by lolmindless on 7/6/2011 5:00:27 PM

My hair fell out really bad but idk what made it fall out now i have to wear wigs until it grows back and i hate having ppl asking if my hair is a wig its kinda embarrasing

by lolmindless on 7/6/2011 4:58:53 PM

i wouldn't any way

by tabbycat627 on 6/28/2011 6:52:50 PM

MOD*
I have lightish brown hair and blue eyes, and I think dark (brown or black) hair on a girl is really pretty and on a guy is really attractive. I want to dye my hair a dark brown, and my best friend also says it would look really good, but I don't know if my mom would let me. I'm afraid if I ask her she might go on for awhile about how I need to be comfortable in my own skin (or hair in this case) and then she'll think I'm trying to not be myself and stuff. ???
Thank you!

hey girlie,

it's still important to talk to your mom and get her permission...dyeing your hair may take more work than you think because you'll have to maintain the color and keep dyeing it in the future...which will cost money and take time! So think about the decision and talk to your mom before jumping into it! Smile
Ruth S.

by squigglegiggle13 on 6/11/2011 1:07:46 AM

I dont think there is any disease for that but idkSmile

by sabers13! on 6/8/2011 10:59:48 PM