12 HOURS AGO Do you think smoking is a big deal? http://t.co/wRmpH82b03

15 HOURS AGO 5 ways to remix your salad routine: http://t.co/ritxTtorOn

16 HOURS AGO 5 furry friends you need to follow on Instagram ASAP: http://t.co/PVxAb5RkaE

COMMENTS

3 dress-up crafts make babysitting a breeze

It’s time to accessorize dress-up and make pretend a reality. Hello, best sitter on the block award!

ok so i babysit all the time and well this one little girl shes 6 years old and she's so adorible BUT she knows how to SET THE CLOCK BACK! and her parents came home at 12 and the clock said 8 and i was so confussed but thet didnt find out then my friend tries to enterfier with my job just because she tried to dye her haur a snowy white like mine ( mines natural) and it looked bad and she tried to get me back by enterfiring with my job. So then she CUSSED in front of th eSIX year old and i had to tell the her that if she never said those words again id give her the whole highschool musical movies. And then i kicked my friend out, im so confussed but im always told from the kids i babby sitt that im the coolest sitter in the world, they are so cute!

by peaceandlove1010 on 9/14/2011 8:41:18 PM

the girl with the button rings looks possessed!

by sweetpea185 on 8/29/2011 7:35:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I want to start a job as a kiddie party planner. I'm really good with kids, I'm really creative, and its a really good paying job. Got any tips on getting started?

Hey babe,

The most important thing is getting your name out there! Do you have any friends with lil sibs that you could plan a party for first? Having some experience is a great way to secure future clients - you can tell them about certain themed parties you've produced, show them pictures, and even give them phone numbers to call your past clients as a reference. This is a way to look professional and competent right off the bat! Once that's done, make up flyers and even a Facebook group to promote your business. On the Facebook group, you can upload photos of model table centerpieces, cakes, yard decorations, etc. that you can offer. You can list your ideas (different themes for parties), what types of parties you do (birthday, first communions, certain age groups you're best with, whatever!), and all your contact info. Word of mouth is most important though - have your family and friends spread the word so more people find out about it! Smile
Lauren C.

by lemonade.mouth.luver on 8/1/2011 9:00:15 PM

Shrinky dinks are SUPER fun!

by jasperrose on 6/9/2011 9:32:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm 12 years old and hosting a kids care camp type thing. I was wondering if you think ill get customers... im charging $15 for the whole week. its five days and each one has a theme. I have a theme for Mon. and Tues. but not for the rest Tong any suggestions? im trying to base them on books. Monday is The rainbow fish Tues. The very hungry caterpillar. I have snacks, crafts and a movie planned for those. The age range is 5-9 and no meat please!!! Story times only 10 minutes so short stories... the hours are 10:00- 12:00... im advertising to church members so ill know them. Please help. Smile Thanks x1,000

Hey babe,

That sounds like lots of fun! Remember that parents might be hesitant just because they're their kids and they might not know you, or know if they can trust you. Just so you don't get discouraged if the interest isn't as great as you hoped Smile But it sounds well-planned and like you'll be responsible, so give it a try! <3
Lauren C.

by moe4321 on 6/6/2011 10:45:33 PM

lol, look at the first picture
that wand makes a GREAT nose-picker....xD

by erinthemaster on 6/3/2011 10:40:09 PM

mod mod mod
hey. i sent u guys 2 different comments (questions) and u guys never wrote anything. now, u just put a comment of a person that wrote it like 10 mins ago, while i wrote mine an hr ago Frown whats the deal?

Hey girlie--I was working during your questioning, so I am not sure what happened during that time.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by oceanlover69 on 6/3/2011 10:36:09 PM

my mom thinks I need a baby sitter! (im 13)

by janerbuy on 6/3/2011 10:31:03 PM

mod mod mod
i asked a question about an hour ago. is it because you're just really busy (which i understand) or because it may have gotten lost (which i also understand, and if thats the case i will resend it) thnx Smile

Hey girlie--we have an overload of questions tonight, so it's taking awhile to answer everyone's questions.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by oceanlover69 on 6/3/2011 10:14:39 PM

mod mod mod
i have 3 questions, all about health. 1. i have to go to the doc for a check up in 2 wks. i am so scared!! first of all, i have to get 2 small warts frozen off, and 2 shots. question 2: i am always so scared of the doctors. even if i dont feel sick, i am always so scared they will say "u have diabetes" or "u have cancer" or something like that. question 3. i am gonna get it checked out by the doc, and my mom said its probably just a wart i got from walking in a public pool bathroom without shoes, but i have this lump on my foot (its pretty small, u cant even see it, but u can feel it) and it has a white dot in the middle. IS THAT LIKE CANCER??????? thanks so much GL mods. u guys rock!! Smile

Hey girlie-- I don't understand what you first two questions are, as they sound more like statements. As far as your wart concern, it doesn't sound like it's cancer, but only your doctor can say for sure.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by oceanlover69 on 6/3/2011 9:12:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!(pleaaaaaase answer!)
my mom thinks gay/lesbian relationships are evil and start with a perv while one of the people is a victim. She said that if i don't believe that then i don't believe in God because thats what the bible says. But i dont believe it. I believe in God, and everything in the bible EXCEPT that gay relationships are evil. What should i do?

Hey girlie--just because you believe in that particular aspect of the Bible, doesn't mean you don't believe in God. No one follows every aspect of the Bible, yet they are avid believers in God. You and your mom simply have to agree to disagree.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sassykitty60 on 6/3/2011 7:22:22 PM

thanks for the ideas!

by fallsb-ball on 6/3/2011 5:35:49 PM

I have to go to my brothers baseball game tonight. I really dont want to go because I get bored out of my mind. I try to watch the game but I just am not interested. What can I do to occupy my time? And if you have any book suggestions that would be great! Thanks. Smile

Hey girlie! Maybe you'd have more fun at the game if you went with a friend of yours. As for book suggestions have you looked at our Beach Blanket Book Club reads? http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/27/Beach-Blanket-Book-Club-2011.aspx

Rhea R.

by loveforever21 on 6/3/2011 4:53:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
First, one of the only places I babysit is at my sisters house, which is on the corner of two decently busy streets, and it is really old, and the neighborhood isnt that good. I get REALLY scared sometimes when I hear a creak, and onetime my sister told me she heard random knocking on her garage door and it freaked her out. I guess basically I am asking how do I forget about my fear, and move on, and convince myself nothing will happen? Also those are like my only couple i sit for, and she doesnt even pay me that much for babysitting cuz i am her sister and all, and i respect that, but all of my relatives live 30 mins away, and no one on my street or in my neighborhood has kids that need babysitting. I cant babysit through my parents work becuase my mom also works 30 mins away, and my dad works with a bunch of single guys. So basically what I am asking is what other jobs are there where I can get money, I was thinking of an allowance, but what should my parents pay me?

Hey girlie! When you're babysitting at your sister's house, make sure to lock all the doors and turn on the lights. You could try playing some soft, happy music or watching a funny movie. That'll take your mind off your fears and you won't be able to hear the creepy creaking. As for other jobs, you could try looking at this article for ideas: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/05/19/15-ways-to-make-major-moolah-this-summer.aspx. You could ask your parents if they'd be willing to give you an allowance, but how much money they give you would really be up to them.

Rhea R.