AN HOUR AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

2 HOURS AGO This could be us at #Homecoming, but you playin' http://t.co/HsMGXHMz8v

2 HOURS AGO Certain secrets shouldn't be kept: http://t.co/2p1FS9qegF

COMMENTS

Could I have a yeast infection?

For the past six months, I have been experiencing intense itching and burning “down there”…

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod i think i have a yeast infection but im too embarrased to tell my mom what should i do

Hey girl! If there is an itching or burning sensation, or
white, chunky discharge, then it looks like you might. Fortunately, it’s easy
to fix with the right meds. Unfortunately, you’re going to have to tell your
mom, so you can go to the doctors. Take a deep breath, and tell her how you’ve
been feeling down there. She wants you to be healthy, too!

Melissa T.

by girly girl07 on 7/2/2013 2:52:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, So I think I have a Yeast Infection and I told my Mom about it so she's gonna make me an appointment today with the Gyneocologist. Well this will be my first time going and I'm really scared and Nervous! What are they gonna do? Please Help! Thanks. (:

Hey babe, every girl has those appointments, so don't sweat it. Just tell the doctor if anything he or she does makes you uncomfortable, and they should respect that and stop it. They're just gonna check you out down there, which is awkward but no big deal. There shouldn't be anything that hurts or makes you super uncomfortable.
Carrie R.

by Avery. (: on 7/16/2012 10:57:26 AM

WOW

by merrymerry22 on 1/26/2012 7:11:20 PM

This happened to me like a year ago and I didn't do anything about it and now it's all gone, except for a white-ish discharge that's there constantly...Is there something wrong with me and should I get it checked out now?

by cartwheler18 on 9/25/2011 5:01:06 PM

I'm pretty sure I have a yeast infection because I have this bump down there but my mom says it's an ingrown hair. And it itches and burns sometimes down there. But my mom won't take me to my gyno. HELP?

Hey babe,

If it's an itchy, irritated bump on the outside, mom is probably right on this one - it's either a pimple or an ingrown hair so you should just let it be without touching too much. If it burns or itches inside down there, that's when you have to worry about yeast infections.
Lauren C.

by ArielRawrrz on 8/22/2011 4:50:27 PM

Hi my name is ashley and i have not had my period yet but even once in a while i get a little bit itchy down there i always thot it was because of getting like soap down there when i take a shower but i am scared to tell my mom to make sure i dont have a yeast so please answer and i get readness in there like if i pull it open i see not a dark like when you scrath somewere hard and long it turns really red well its not the red its light red and every like 3 or 4 weeks it hurts for a day to go to the bathroom but for a day i am just scared PLEASE RESPOND

by HotPink202 on 8/16/2011 8:09:15 PM

Hey babe, I get those when I have baths because the soap gets up in there. If you take baths don't babe. I know.

by bpatton on 8/6/2011 2:17:25 AM

mod mod mod....
so as awkward as this may be... for the past 3 months i have had a very heavy discharge. I t is white and when i wipe it's sticky. It smells really bad and is very smelly so that sometimes when i get up you can smell it. I do not have my period, but it does get itchy down there every now and then, but probably only once everyday. Its not intense, just itchy. I've brought it up and my mom says that its no big deal and i'm overreacting, but i'm still not sure. any ideas?

Helen S.

by bananaeater345 on 8/5/2011 7:00:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD i have yellow discharge and itching, and wen i told my mom she sed i probly hav a yeast infection and shes taking me to the doctor. but ive nvr gotten my 1st period, so is it possible to hav a yeast infection, also if i do hav one, does that mean the doctor is going to look down there and give me a pelvic exam, and if so, do pelvic exams hurt??? plzz reply quickly, thank u

Hey girl. If you do get a pelvic exam it shouldn't hurt, but it is more likely the doc will diagnose you based on symptoms. Yes, you could have a yeast infection before you get your period. Good luck!

mary h.

by guitargirl7321 on 8/4/2011 12:13:37 PM

Hey chica!  You can always ask your doc, but I'm pretty sure that's normal. Everyone's hair is diff obviously, and some people have some on their face or stomach or... other places!  I don't think there's anything wrong with shaving, but you need to remember two things - for one, it's a sensitive area, so you want to use products that work for sensitive skin (like the ones designed for shaving your bikini line).  Also, with shaving the hair grows back pretty quickly, so you'll have to do so regularly.  Waxing, or just leaving it as it is, may be a better bet.  xoxo

Marie H.