AN HOUR AGO Uh-oh, are you using the wrong type of brush? Find out here:

2 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMomentWhen... Tell us your awkward story and you might be featured in the mag!

3 HOURS AGO When mom asks where the rest of the pumpkin pie went and you're like

Could I have a yeast infection?

For the past six months, I have been experiencing intense itching and burning “down there”…

Okay ,, so this sounds really weird and gross but i have hair in my butt.. is that normal ? And is it okay to shave it ?

by lilgymnast11 on 7/22/2011 3:39:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD I have this itching down there sometimes its even really intense. I also have white discharge. I have no discharge on my period but the itching i have it when im on my period or when im not on my period. Whats going on??

Hey girl,

The itching could just be irritation because of your underwear or something simple like that. But to be sure, check to see if there is a fishy odor or a colored discharge (anything but clear and white/off-white) accompanying it. If the itch sticks around or comes with either of these things, it's best to call your doc and make an appointment just to make sure it isn't a yeast infection!
Lauren C.

by dramagal2222 on 7/18/2011 3:12:19 PM

For the past three days clear to white discharge has is left on my undies making them wet. "Down there" there is white-ish discharge. It's been a week and a half since my period ended and i started seeing this discharge problem three days ago. There isn't any itching just the ocasional iratation.

Hey girl,

If you got your first period less than a year ago, it can be a little abnormal and you can get discharge at times other than right before your period.
Casey L.

by lovemusic4ever on 7/13/2011 1:47:01 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!
Helppp please! Ok so right now  i have some yellowish stuff. Its not itchy or anything...what is it? Am i just not cleaning down there well enough? Is it a yeast infection? Helpp please! Thanks

Sounds like simple discharge since it is not off in color, itching or smells weird

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by gotmilkitsgood on 7/12/2011 6:25:04 PM

fruitlover787 is saying if her stomach hurts, wants to keep eating, and there is color in her... poop. (# 2) hate to say that. And is asking if these are the signs of her period coming.

by gotta<3soccer on 6/30/2011 6:22:17 PM

Hey, down there itches most of the time, and when I I pee, it feels tingly, and a bit painful... could this be an infection? I`m kind of worried. And hadn`t had the guts to tell my mom about this problem yet. help me! thanks.

by gotta<3soccer on 6/30/2011 6:18:34 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! i have a red lump down there and it itch's what should i do!!!

Hey girl,

You should go see your doctor just to make sure everything's ok, but if you shave down there, it could be an ingrown hair from shaving. x0x0
Casey L.

by vintagestyle on 6/30/2011 2:15:37 PM

Do we get more yeast infections as we get older? It seems like older people I know like my mom seems to talk about them more?

Hey girl,

Yeast infections don't depend on how old you are, so don't worry about that. However, when you are older, you're usually doing more sexual activity than you were when you were younger, which can bring on the yeast infections. That's probably what's going on with your cousin. x0x0
Casey L.

by luckykel on 6/30/2011 1:14:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD I once thought I and a yeast infection but a doctor confirmed that i didn't. But now there a little bumps down there that look like pimples and its really embarasing. They go away but some leave a scab. And I know for sure it's not an STD. Thanks!

Hey chica! If you shave down there, the bumps are most likely razor burn, which is totally normal and common. Otherwise, I'd talk to your doc one more time and let them know your symptoms!

Becca G.

by sweetie567 on 6/11/2011 11:45:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD! What color is "normal" for discharge?
And what are the symptoms of a yeast infection- common and rare?

Hey chica,

Read this article for the usual characteristics of discharge. That article also has some deets on warning signs that aren't normal. And this page describes a lot about the signs of a yeast infection. Trust me - if you have a yeast infection, with itching/burning and a more chunky discharge, you'll probably know!
Lauren C.

by boycrazy635 on 6/9/2011 5:41:58 PM

Always hungry even after a snack? Something high in protein can help fill you up. Try celery with peanut butter topped with almonds or raisins.

As long as my food's organic, it's healthier for me.

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!