8 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

11 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

12 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

3 delish iced-tea recipes

June may be Iced Tea Month, but we’re celebrating our favorite sips all summer long!

Yum! Iced tea is my go-to summer drink while hot tea keeps me warm in the winter! I like to make lightly sweetened tea so it still stays healthful. Or if I want something healthy at a restaurant I order iced tea with lemon.

P.S. Try AppleBee's flavored iced teas. They are unsweetened and super yummy. (FLAVORs: rasberry, strawberry, pomegrante, and mango) YUMMY, DUM, DUM, DUM

by colorqueen101 on 8/2/2011 10:30:43 AM

i use extra sugar than these recipes and i like lipton tea mix--its yummy and a whole lot faster! Smile

by staR gazer on 7/8/2011 7:35:06 PM

athena1006, I agree we love our sweet tea Smile .

I use more sugar in my sweet tea than this recipe says. Usually I use about 2 cups of sugar to make a gallon. Oh, and the best way to make sweet tea is with a few of those big "family sized" iced tea bags you can find at the store. Make sure you get a good brand though, or it may taste a bit off. You can also add a pinch of baking soda to take away the bitter aftertaste, but it's definitely not required Tong

by msbubble5 on 7/5/2011 1:36:12 AM

@emilyj7296
you may not know it, but you just explained what steeping is! lol its just like you said putting tea bags in boiling water and take em out when its strong enough. lol so i guess you do know what steeping is!!! haha Smile

by krazykotabug on 6/25/2011 11:38:27 PM

lol its so true how us southern people love our sweet tea!!!

by athena1006 on 6/25/2011 7:53:54 PM

I bleed sweet tea haha. I'm actually drinking some right now lol!! Okay but when I make it, I put a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in with the tea bags to steep; it helps get rid of some of the bitter taste without dulling the taste of the tea, AMAZING TRICK Laughing

by sunnycowgirl19 on 6/25/2011 4:30:07 PM

Interesting recipe, I think I'll try it!!!!

by ladymoimoi11599 on 6/25/2011 10:43:37 AM

i make my sweet tea much different. i dont even know what steeping is! you just put water on the stove and put the tea bags in. let it boil. and then when it looks strong enough you can turn it off. you put however much sugar you want [i use 2 cups, but its a big pitcher] in the pitcher, then the tea on top. add some more water, stir it all. and there ya go, just pour it over some ice in a cup (:

by emilyj7296 on 6/23/2011 6:14:41 PM

if u dont like ice tea, an amazing lemonade recipe is...
One cup of lemon juice (fresh is better) and one cup of sugar. Combined in a sauce pan over median for about 10 mins or until the liquid becomes clear. Put in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Then put in a pitcher and add water. (makes 2 quarts)

by girlfunhrf on 6/21/2011 6:58:54 PM

suntea is the best down were i live you can make whatever tea you like and it will works (green tea works best for me) then you sit in the sun for a week in a glass jar and then you take out and enjoy you can drink with ice or no ice it dosent matter enjoy this recipe

by abbey2 on 6/20/2011 9:46:17 PM