9 HOURS AGO What to do when you have a cyber crush: http://t.co/WYtcyoAlTG

10 HOURS AGO RT @BronteASpida: Had so much fun 2Day best day of my summer @girlslifemag #FashionBash2014

12 HOURS AGO What kind of guy should you go for? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/OHtk0RLtVR

COMMENTS

Everything you've gotta know about your period

Sick of wondering what it’s like when Aunt Flo comes to town, or how to choose what to use? Here are our best period tips ‘n’ tricks!

dear mod,
i just posted a comment and this one goes with it. i have most of the period symptoms (well, at least i think i do.) my mom won't tell when she got her first period,and i don't have an older sister or anything (i'm the oldest child.) and i don't wanna bring it up to my mom because my 9 year old brother is a HUGE eavsdropper, and when he found out that i wear training bras, he teased me for a month. Frown i've never been very excited about growing up,i'm always super nervous about getting my first period and that i won't be prepared for it!!! I NEED HELP, PLEASE RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! X(

Hey chica! Try catching your mom alone.  Ask her if you two can go grocery shopping just the two of you or take a walk after dinner.  Once you get her alone, talk to her about your concerns- they are totally understandable, and she'll probably give ya some great advice! xoxo

Kate G.

by Shiloh my doggy on 8/6/2013 12:40:12 PM

i'm 11 and i'm SUPER nervous about when and where i'll end up getting my first period.i've had some discharge for a while now and hair 'down there'.my best friend already got hers and she's 11 too, so i think i might get my first pretty soon.i know almost nothing about periods and stuff. Frown

by Shiloh my doggy on 8/5/2013 1:47:14 PM

Dear MOD,
I have gotten all the symptoms of periods. And my mom got hers when she was 13 so did my big sister. Is it normal that i might get it 6 months younger? And also, do you have any tips on mood swings. I been having those a lot. I have also been tooo emotional. I also argue a lot more lately with my 6 year old sister. So do you have any advice to stay calm and stop the tummy troubles and cravings?
Thank you! Smile

Hey chica, welcome to womanhood. Mood swings, cravings, and cramps all come with the territory so don't for one second think it's not normal. First off, everyone gets their period at different times so there's nothing wrong with the fact that you'll probably get it a few months earlier. In terms of mood swings, take deep breaths, write out your feelings before you react, and stay active to get your mind off of the things that are bothering you. Try doing the same thing for cravings! Get your mind off of it by doing something else like going for a run! xx
Jess D.

by Julie-loves-music on 6/21/2013 3:53:36 PM

Think of ur crush make a heart with ur hands kiss ur hand heart put the heart where ur real heart is ur crush will ask u out tomorrow this only works if u post it to another post

by girly girl07 on 5/27/2013 9:45:15 AM

I just had the comment before and this one goes with it.

Well ever since my mom and sis told me bout my period,my mom treats me a tiny bit older(plus I'm also entering junior high and in 2 1/2 months I'll be 12) so we go in my big sisters room (she's moved out and married,same girl) she pulls out a pink curling iron and says "you can practice every day before school starts so you can curl your hair in the morn." I was so happy and excited!! Also my sis is a cop so she starts talking bout a rape case she was on and I was like o.O

I Just wanted to share some stories with you! Smile

by Nicole camo love on 8/13/2012 10:13:55 PM

Well I just went to the Robinson mall with my big sis,and the whole time I had the most horrible cramps and we went to golden corral and I paid to eat NOTHING! It wasn't fair at all,then while in the mall I hear my sis talking to my mom about my hurting then I heard my sis say "that's what it sounds like" then a little later in the mall my sis goes "is it cramps? Period cramps?" it was the first time someone mentioned it in my fam.in front of me,do I froze,then when I got home and my sis left,my mom starts talking awkwardly "if it hurts.its um.lady parts" I go I know Ashley told me (my sis) she goes "oh,well if it starts tell me and I'll give u pads" and that's how I got my period talk Smile

by Nicole camo love on 8/13/2012 10:05:39 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!@Erin M.!!!
No I'm afraid I will start soon and it spring break and we will leave to go to Florida and we r gonna swim and walk around Disney world, so I am gonna need tampons! Here is what I wrote: so I'm 13 and I haven't gotten my period yet. I'm starting to get concerned because I've had breasts for two years and discharge for around 14 months and pubic hair for about a year and a half. Lately I've been feeling nausious and I've had joint pain and cramps. I'm bout to gobon vacay and I'm afraid I might stat in the car and have it all vacation and have to swim and walk around Disney World while being uncomfertable. If I do start I'll probably have to wear tampons ): helpp meeeeee!!!!!!!?!!!! And so yep!

hey girl! gettin your period is totally normal! don't worry, its way more nbd than ya think! pack up some pads and tampons just in case ya do get it on vaycay. Tell your mom about your worries for sure. If ya do get it but aren't ready to use tampons yet, just skip out on swimmin. have your mom on your side so she can stear the rest of the fam clear of badgerin ya about your choice not to swim! good luck! xo, Erin M.

erin m.

by cuddlebug143 on 3/30/2012 3:16:36 PM

Mod mod mod
so like I said earlier, I'm afrai I'm gonna start my period. I am probably gonna have to wear tampons (sigh) and unfortunetly I only have about three tampons, I've stocked up over the years. My mom is at the store and since we r leaving in like two days I thought it would be smart to ask her to buy me some so I have em just in case. But, she will probably say no cuz she doesn't even let me have pads... Just panti liners... And plus she will think I started my period and it will be really awkward if I don't start until like a year. But I think I will really need them! Any advice???

hey girl! ask your school nurse for some pads. she will help ya out! good luck! xo, Erin M.

erin m.

by cuddlebug143 on 3/30/2012 2:07:45 PM

Mod mod mod

Hey chica!  Pack lots of pads and tampons just in case you get your period.  Don't worry about anything, you can't control nature.. so just embrace it!

xo,

Channa R.

by cuddlebug143 on 3/30/2012 11:32:38 AM

I was asking if I could practice putting a tampon in when i don't hav my period at the moment (not now anyways, i've had it before)because my class is going swimming soon, on the day of my period, so if i try it that morning, and i can't do it, i cant go swimming, and people in my class will assume it's because i have my period.

Yes you can practice if you don't have your period.
Amanda P.