3 MINUTES AGO How to get him to (finally) call you back: http://t.co/RGMLbQNyLi

AN HOUR AGO Oh @olivia_holt, your braid is bae: http://t.co/hpc3M3wbQr #hairspo

2 HOURS AGO Sprinkling *this* in your cereal could make all the difference: http://t.co/eB66NoXsEJ

COMMENTS

The scoop on body shapes

Can’t tell if you’re a pair or an apple? Read on for the 411…

Uhhhh I already tried to post this but I think I did something wrong.... lol..... So anyways I need help figuring out my body shape. I'm 13, 5'3, wear a 7/8 for jeans (like at Aero) or a 2 (at Gap or Old Navy), my bust is 35', my top half has curves but boobs down the curves are more subtle. I know I am a good weight for my age and height (lol thanks puberty) but I'm still kinda chubby..... Please help! Thanks in advance! =)

Hey PrplPplEater, oh okay. Disregard my first response to your question because I wasn't sure what you needed help with. Mhm click this link for a pic of all the different body shapes, and select which one best fits you:

It's cool if your body fits more than one, this will just help a little. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by PrplPplEater on 6/11/2013 7:51:45 PM

ummm lol.... help? I'm 13 y.o., 5'3, wear a 7/8 in jeans, my bust is 35', definetly have curves but they're more subtle (u can def tell i have boobs though), usually wear a medium in tops. I'm kinda chubby throughout, not like overweight though my doc says its a healthy weight cuz of puberty and all that (lol). Could you help me please? Thanks in advance =)

Hey PrplPplEater, what do you need help with? Want outfit ideas? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by PrplPplEater on 6/11/2013 7:31:37 PM

Lol I'm a Banana shape! I'm loving the fruit names apple pear

by redvelvetluv on 5/16/2013 2:57:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm 14 years old and I'm about 5'3.75". My hips measure to about 2'10". My bust and waist both measure to 2'7". I have curves at my waist, and I'm not sure if I would exactly be considered petite. I would really like to know what my body type is, because I've searched for answers on the internet but couldn't find any. Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Check out this article for the scoop on finding your body shape Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/06/The-scoop-on-body-shapes.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by flowerpower905 on 4/6/2013 10:21:21 PM

mod mod mod mod mod
im 14 and 6'2''. my hips are 45', waist 33', and my cup size is a 40D. usually most tall girls are rulers but not this one. are there any stores for tall and curvy girls like me? PLEASE HELP!

Hey! Yeah for sure, most stores carry a range of sizes so if you just ask a salesperson will help you find what you're looking for. I think express is a store that has a lot of cute options. good luck!

Helen S.

by zapp2944 on 2/2/2013 4:52:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I posted my profile yesterday but t still says its being modified. why wont it work?

profiles take awhile to be approved. Even a couple of weeks. Don't worry, it should be okay.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by youreweird_i_likeyou on 1/24/2013 4:02:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
im a size 5-7 jean. 36c bra . big boobs. 13 years old. im quite skinny but have a bit of a babyfat. i play basketball, softball and field hocky. what body type would you say i am ?

Hey Chica, it's hard to tell because I can't see you and don't know your height. If I were to guess, I'd probably say curvy.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by youreweird_i_likeyou on 1/24/2013 3:34:22 PM

MOD MOD
I'm not sure what I am...I'm 15, 5'4", and a 36C. I have a biggish stomach and butt, and my shoulders and hips are about the same. My waist goes in a little.

Hey girlie, it sounds to me like you might be hourglass. If you do a little searching online, you can find body shape calculators where you can put in your measurements and it tells what your body shape is.

Lauren T.

by karategrrl on 1/13/2013 8:49:00 PM

I'm 12 years old. 5'3" and bra size 34A. I have really long legs, and my shoulders are wider than my hips. I have a pretty small waist. what would I be??

Hey januaryj, I think you're more of the banana or ruler shape. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by januaryj on 12/28/2012 3:58:03 PM

curvy Smile

by SuperSpiderSorceress on 12/12/2012 1:12:10 AM

mod mod mod
what shape am i?
im a 36a and size 8 jeans and a small waist and im quite short

by lotsaluv101 on 10/6/2012 4:28:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok, What shape would I be? I'm a 34A, and my chest and ribs look and feel straight on the sides. When you get to my wAist, there is a large curve. I have a bit of a tummy (my friend calls it baby fat). My hips are large. What shape would I be?

Hey girl!  Sounds like you are a pear shape, but try a bunch of looks out to see what works best for you. xxoo
Maggie P.

by happyone123 on 7/24/2012 8:39:11 AM

So technically I would be an hourglass because my stomach goes in but I have no curves so what type of 2 piece would be good for the summer right now I wear a halter with ruffles so could you suggest some more??
Thanks so much!!

Hey babe, look for a swimsuit that gives the illusion of curves. Ruffles are good, and you can also try for patterns or embellishments on the top and bottom. Go for lighter-colored suits with wide-set straps.
Carrie R.

by mmo'g on 6/20/2012 2:52:13 PM

Hey girl! You have a small and cute figure! Own it! No one fits perfectly into one category. xo, Erin M.

erin m.

by flamboyazence on 3/15/2012 2:19:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
What if you are a 34A, with large hips, long legs, broad shoulders.
I'm only 12.

Hey girl,

It sounds like you are either a sporty or a ruler shape!

Meghan D.

by Doggie!Ruff~ on 3/9/2012 9:57:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
i can't figure out what body shape i am! my hips are 29", my waist is 25", and my bust is 29". thanks!

Hey girl,

If your waist is smaller than your hips and bust, it sounds like you are an hourglass!

Meghan D.

by iloveballet&singing on 3/3/2012 11:49:01 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
What shape am i if I'm waaayyyy overweight, long legs and i guess i have long-ish arms, curves, and big feet and a round fat face and huge hips and a fat butt??????

Hey girl,

First of all, never call yourself fat. You yourself said your shape is curvy, so embrace the curves! So many girls would kill to have that body shape!

Kathryn S.

by clem10 on 1/16/2012 10:21:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
What shape am I?
I am trying to get in shape because my booty and thighs are slightly big
I am short, only 5'0 even though I'm 12
I'm a 34A
I have a pretty tiny waist
My shoulders and hips are normal
Thx!!! Smile

Hey girlie,

You sound like a mix between a ruler and an hourglass to me! Your bust and hips are smaller/"normal" as you say (like a ruler) but, since your bod has a defined waist, you probably have the illusion of curves like an hourglass Smile

by smileybai13 on 1/5/2012 7:13:52 PM

I also have pretty short legs

by Kui on 12/28/2011 12:39:43 PM

MOD MOD
I don't know what body type I am.
I have a small waist,I'm a 36A and I have a round booty. But my hips are almost equal to the width of my shoulders.
I also have a flat belly.
PPPPPPLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE RESPOND!!!!!!!!!

Hey Girl,

When you're bottom is larger than your top, you are most likely a pear shape. The key, though, is to wear clothes that make you look and feel great!
Rachel N.

by Kui on 12/28/2011 12:38:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I dont really know what body type I am. I am tall (5'6 11yrs old.), I am a 34B, My stomach is a little bit pudgy, my legs are long and they are wide at the top and slim down towards the bottom.
What body type is this?
ThanksSmile

Hey girlie,

If your shoulders are broad, you sound like an apple body type. If your body nips in at the waist and you have a defined waist area, you could be an hourglass. And since you've got wider legs and a chest, it's possible "curvy" could describe ya! Stay within these three types (or two, if your shoulders aren't necessarily broad) and you'll be all set Smile

by skylersal on 12/18/2011 3:38:32 AM

MOD MOD MOD I am 14 years old and barely developed, I have a younger sister who is 12 years old and she is more developed than I am,its starting to get a little akward with her bieng younger than me and more developed. Is there any way I can speed the process up and get my body to start growing???

Hey chicky, unfortunately know. Every girl's body is different. Some girls develop much later on in life. I know one girl who didn't develop breast until her sophmore year of college, so it all depends on you. So no worries. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by super sis on 10/26/2011 7:36:37 PM

MOD
Is it possible to be sporty and hourglass shaped at the same time? My body shape fits perfectely with hourglass, but i have large muscles in my arms and legs.

Hey girl,

Absolutely! The "body shape" guidelines are just that - guidelines. They give us a way to talk about classifying our shapes so we can get ideas to dress, but they're not set in stone! It's actually totally normal for our bods to fall somewhere in between two different shapes. You could definitely be both Smile

by ColosalMascara on 10/23/2011 10:19:35 AM

MOD so my body is pretty much up and down but my hip is the larger number am I a ruler or a pear

If you have large hips, chances are, you are a pear Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sakurasaga on 10/11/2011 9:46:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD.......I measured myself: boobs(not toatally done yet)- 29 1/2in., hips(also not yet done growing)- 29in., waist- 24in. i think for now i'm an hour glass but i might be a little bit petite 'cause i'm kinda shortish and also maybe a little sportish 'cause of my muscled legs and arms. Help me please cause i'm confused.

Hey chicky, you sound fine to me! You're right you are still growing, so don't get too hung up on measurements just yet. Give your bod time to fill out. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by Saphire124 on 10/5/2011 5:47:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD Down There has a REALLY BaD SmElL! I shower really well and sometimes it gets itchy!

Hey chicky, mhmm it could be the soap you're using that's causing irritation and odor. Try sticking to a non-fragranced, organic, or soap for sensitivie skin and se if anything improves. If not I'd contact my doctor. Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 10/5/2011 5:13:39 PM

mod mod mod mod ok so my boobs are 36 my waist is 28 and my hips are 29 so what am i??? i think i'm hour glass but im not sure thanks <3

Hey chica, it can be hard to tell. I would have to see you  in person, because the same measurements can look different on different people. Smile

Lynae P.

by volleyballa81297 on 9/17/2011 8:06:45 PM

Mod mod mod I think im ruler because im mostly up and down except i have kinda wide hips. Is there a different body shape 4 that?

Hey chica, everyone's body shpae is different. The key is to find the confidence withtin your body. Jessica Biel and

Britney Spears have this kind of shape.  Hope this helps! Smile

Lynae P.

by HotPinkPrincess on 9/17/2011 8:04:21 PM

Hey Girlies!!
If you want additional advice on what to wear.... Join my Advice Queens PAge, SwimGirl945! I give advice on everything, so ask away!

by SwimGirl945 on 9/12/2011 4:23:58 PM

MOD, plz help!! I dont know what i am.. I have no hips at all yet, but im curvy. I have broad shoulders too. So can i have some help??? Thx!

Hey love!

Sounds like you still have some growing to do.  You won't know your actual body type until your older and you've grown some more. But it looks like you're an apple shape!
Jordan S.

by Iluvselg22 on 9/1/2011 4:52:51 PM

yea go rulers, i'm definitely one of them haha... Smile

by MusikRox1999 on 8/31/2011 2:08:20 AM

oh,cool MOD,,,i want to say first that if you see something bad or bad written comments is because my first language is Spanish,,so Im still learning English,,,can you belive me that like 4 years ago i was telling my guy friends to shout because they were talking in english,,but just because i didnt know eEnglish..? now i like it more and thanks to an awesome teacher I began reading mags in english,,,Smile... now im trying to help one of my BFF to learn 2 Laughing

Your English is great! Don't worry Smile Reading the articles on this site and answering with your comments is a great way to test out your language skills too!

by kraCy 4 TaylorLautner xD on 8/26/2011 8:24:19 PM

oh sorry for the posting my weight,,im new around here 'Smile

No prob babe, I totally understand. Welcome!! ;)

by kraCy 4 TaylorLautner xD on 8/26/2011 8:19:57 PM

rrrr why do u girls post ''MOD mod''?? im new at this

"MOD" means moderator...me! It's me and a whole team of older girls who are here to approve your comments, delete vulgar/offensive language, make sure you don't share too much personal info so you stay safe, and also answer any advice questions you have Smile  "MOD" gets our attention!

by kraCy 4 TaylorLautner xD on 8/26/2011 8:17:04 PM

oh cool,,,so would you help me? im kind of skinny but with some curves,i have a little butt but im not flat, in the bra size im 32B or something like that<(i sometimes feel they are big,my boobs),, my height is 5'2 and my weight is 109 pounds near to 110 Smile and i have 14 years

Hey girl,

You sound like an hourglass to me Smile And please don't post your weight around GL... it makes it too easy for girls to compare themselves, which isn't healthy!

by kraCy 4 TaylorLautner xD on 8/26/2011 8:16:02 PM

wiiiiiiiiii! finally I found a page that can help to see what kind of body is mine

by kraCy 4 TaylorLautner xD on 8/26/2011 8:11:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
as soon as possible plz Smile
what am i? ok im eleven and i wiegh 150, my hieght us around 5'6'-5'7', i have size b36 boobs and sorta big butt. ??

Hey! I'm sorry, I don't think I understand your question, what do you mean by, "what am i"?
Helen S.

by kristadakota on 8/17/2011 8:26:43 PM

**MOD MOD** Would 34 inch bust, 24 inch waist, and 36 inch hips be pear or hourglass? I don't think I'm done "growing" if you know what I mean. Smile Thanks!

Not positive, but it sounds like hourglass to me!  xoxo

Marie H.

by livi23 on 8/13/2011 2:54:51 PM

can u help me figure out which shape i am? my shoulders are the widest part of me, then my bust is several inches smaller. around my stomach kinds curves in then my hips r like the same as my bust. then my thighs r kinda wide too, but then the rest of my legs kinda curve back in if that makes sense. is this an hourglass? does weight matter in this? cuz im a lil overweight if that makes a difference....
thnx!

Yes, it sounds like you're an hourglass. x0x0
Casey L.

by briblue3 on 8/10/2011 2:32:11 PM

mod mod MOD moD ok so i had my first kiss when i was in preschool and all through my life i've been kissing boys but either they tricked me or i got dare none of them have been thruthful do you think that i could clean my slate and start over or no thx mod

Hey girl,

You can definitely clean your slate and start fresh. Just try not to revert back to your old ways, and move forward! x0x0
Casey L.

by watsmyuser on 8/9/2011 1:16:55 PM

I'm NONE of these body shapes, My waist doesn't dip in, My breasts and hips are different measurements, my shoulders are the same as my hips, and it's all different! I seriously fall under none of these categories, but WHY categorize body types? It doesn't seem natural because everyone is different! This article honestly makes me VERY mad.

by LAR2read on 8/3/2011 10:06:34 PM

i am somewhat a petite hour glass and curvy in a way cuz i am under 5' 2.5" and i curve in a lot.

by May9 on 7/28/2011 6:04:32 PM

er... i dont know what shap i am....
my bust is 38 inches , my waist is 30 inches, and my hip is 39 inches. i think thats an hourglass.....

by oolongfoo on 7/26/2011 2:30:25 AM

MOD!!! I have no Idea what shape I am (I have always stood out) my hips are bigger than my boobs my shoulders are a little wider than my hips and I am a little curvey in the middle plus I am really skinny what is my shape and the way my bosy is ...is that normal????

Hey chica!  It sounds like you might be a curvy/hourglass shape (smaller waist than hips and bust).  And yes, that is normal! Smile

Marie H.

by rmkel082 on 7/23/2011 11:28:47 AM

Hey girly,

It sounds like you're a pear shape! x0x0
Casey L.

by purpleorchid on 7/20/2011 1:58:38 AM

MOD
am extremely skinny, and I recently saw myself (side view) in a full length mirror. it shocked me how skinny I was, I hadn't really ever seen myself THAT skinny. I also have, like, almost no curves.
But it's not a disorder or anything, it runs in the family.
i just need some tips on what clothes to wear, and what clothes to stay away from. also, are hoodies and cardigans okay?
Thanks so much!

Hey girlie,

Hoodies and cardigans are totally fine! It's your bod so there isn't much you can do about changing its actual shape, but you can dress it to create the illusion of curves! Try a flirty, tiered skirt or a wide circle skirt to create a rounder shape around your hips. Pair that with a simple tee or tank with a sweater over top! Or, try a skinny jean in a lighter wash with a baby doll top to create the illusion of curves on top - and a tad on the bottom Smile

by foreverme! on 7/18/2011 9:35:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm confused about my body type. I'm around 5 feet 3 inches, my bust is ... I think I'm pear-shaped but I'm not sure. What do you think?

Hey girl,

Sorry about hiding those measurements, but yep you sound like a pear shape to me! Rock those curves babe!

by gigishook on 7/17/2011 3:22:53 PM

Pear-athletic-hourglass. Does that even make any sense? I workout so I look athletic, but naturally I am a pear but because I am athletic, I am more evened out so I have a bit of an hourglass look too. ^^

by Superleigh50 on 7/16/2011 6:57:48 PM

MOD! I have really big thighs and skinny jeans look really bad on me. everything every other girl wears looks awful on me and I don't know what to wear! right now I am hiding behind a baggy t-shirt and bookcut jeans and I look pretty bad. any ideas on what type of pants to wear?

Hey! try flared jeans to show off your curves Smile

Helen S.

by volleyballgirl7799 on 7/13/2011 5:24:39 PM

mod mod mod,
first, what does it mean if your hips and shoulders are about the same measurements? and does that mean im fat? my stomache is medium and it slims in the sides. but then my thighs are bigger because i play soccer 4 out of 7 days of the week year-round. (1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours a session/day)i also exersise everyday for 1 hour bu running and bike riding and playing basketball. also playing soccer ofcorse
then, i think i am fat but my mom and dad say i am fat. i wil be going into 8th grade and i weigh about 120 pounds. mom and dad say that muscle weighs more than fat, and i know that but still... even my doctor says im heathey, but i still don't think so because every girl in my grade are SO SKINNY!!! they weight about 80-105 pounsd each. i'm scared when im older i will be obese... i am on a diet but it is not helping at all.
(by the way, im not a good speller)

Hey!
just so ya know, girls’ bodies change  a ton during the teen years and
weight gain is normal and restricting your diet drastically won’t
actually help you lose weight. That being said I'm gonna direct you to
our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile

Helen S.

by EmmyFeddor on 6/29/2011 5:56:04 PM

I can't be an hourglass but i guess i am. never let your frenemy tell you your not

by jzgreen on 6/29/2011 9:22:49 AM

thanks i always wondered how you where supposed to figure this out! Smile Casey L.

by Ndadgirl on 6/28/2011 3:31:46 PM

MODMODMOD My bust is 36, my hips are 34, my waist is 25.5, i am 5 foot 6.5 in. tall, and i have muscular legs and arms. would that make me a ruler, sporty, or apple?

Hey girl,

It's hard to tell, but since you have muscular legs and arms, maybe that would make you sporty.  The best way to tell is just for you to decide. x0x0
Casey L.

by Dancing Queen 14 on 6/28/2011 12:48:44 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD: ok so im a little confused. my shoulders are bigger than my boobs, but my hips are bigger than my boobs, but smaller than my shoulders, and my waist is teeny tiny, and smaller than everything else by more than 5 inches. what would my shape be?

Hey girly,
You are probably an apple.

Catie C.

by daloreanzone on 6/24/2011 1:49:12 PM

apparently I have an hourglass shape. yay?

by frenchblondie on 6/20/2011 10:56:40 PM

Thanks!

by LCV554 on 6/17/2011 6:21:44 PM

MODMODMOD
I'm 11, and I don't really know what I'd put my self in. I have smaller boobs, atheletic shoulders, medium-ish hips, and I'm 5'1". Would being 5'1" mean I'm in petite?

Hey girlie! You can be more than one type, 5'1 would mean petite, if by athletic you mean your shoulders are broader or just wider than your hips I would also say you could be apple shaped.
Jess W.

by LCV554 on 6/17/2011 6:15:59 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
why am i so attractive to boy? though im very petite (11 and 4'6") im well kinda hour glass. im super thin (57lb)could you plz get the answer quick cause my dads on me for being round boys too much (cause i cant date yet) thx bye

Alyssa B.

by watsmyuser on 6/16/2011 8:56:36 PM

MOD MOD
From what our teacher said tweens and teens do more searches about body related stuff and puberty issues than almost any other group. That makes sense because of what we are going through and because we get our periods and have to deal with that I was wondering why it is still hard to find good information about certain things. GL does a great job with body stuff and but I was wondering why GL doesnt have as many links as it used to when it comes to teen health and puberty issues?

Hey girl, we write tons of articles on body stuff and puberty: check it out in our Your Bod section (http://www.girlslife.com/category/body.aspx). As for why we don't have external links, that's because it can be harder to find good, safe outside sites (that won't get your computer in a icky spot, etc.). We try our best to be the resource you need here -- all in one place.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by luckykel on 6/15/2011 12:08:32 AM

This helps spoof much I've always been confused about body shapes. Thank GL Smile

by kazia7 on 6/14/2011 11:46:49 PM

thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much gl! i figured out that im a hour glass (i kinda already knew because my dads whole family is an hourglass)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by waffles4eva! on 6/13/2011 7:48:08 PM

ok i feel kinda stupid asking this but im new to this website so...what does "MOD" mean???
Thanks(:

by lazer!beam!22 on 6/12/2011 5:03:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
2 questions
1. I am going to be getting a feather extension put in my hair. The thing is I dont know wat color of feather I should get. Please help me pick out one color.
-darker blonde hair with light blonde natural highlights
-tan
-bold, trendy style
2. I am quite petite, size and hight what clothes would you suggest me wearing to make me not look like I'm in the 5th grade THANKS IN ADVANCE

hey girlie,

maybe try a darker colored feather since your hair is light--it'll really stand out!  it's hard to look more mature sometimes, but i would suggest just trying different types of outfits..maybe some dresses or skirts instead of just shirts and jeans.  Be creative! You can try some platforms to look a bit taller too!
Ruth S.

by emerck on 6/11/2011 11:20:34 AM

MOD MOD MOD! So Im overweight and I'm really self conscious about it. I want to lose weight because I know I'll be healthier, but no matter how hard I try (eating healthy, exercising, etc) nothing happens. And especially now that it's summer I don't want to be self conscious about being seen in a bathing suit. What do I do?

Hey girly,

Try talking to your parents about helping you get in touch with a nutritionist or maybe joining a weight loss program. Sometimes having other people get involved with your weight loss journey will encourage you to keep going until you get results.
Good Luck!

Catie C.

by sunny22 on 6/8/2011 11:06:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD would it be bad to put lemon juice in my hair in the sun? I have really fine hair and its brownish black. Thank you!

Hey girly,
No, it wouldn't be bad. It will add some really cute highlights!

Catie C.

by bubbles68 on 6/8/2011 1:26:15 AM

mod mod mod
so my dads really annoying. so like a few mins ago he came into the computer room and i had a candy so im like "hey dad want a piece of my canday" and hes like "ok" and took one. hes like "can i have 2 more" im like "u can have one more" hes like "why cant i have two more." so i told him that my brother had some and he hadnt even started eating the candy and i was almost done. so then im finally like "ok u can have 2 more" and hes like "no i want 3 more actually" so im like "omygosh dad just get some from my brother" then he got mad at me. he just went to bed and he didnt even say good night i am so annoyed with him right now its like chill out dude

Hey girl, I think you both need to distance yourselves from the problem. It can be very easy to get worked up over little things, but with time that anger will fade. Relax, sleep it off and I guarantee you it'll be good in the morning.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by oceanlover69 on 6/8/2011 12:41:33 AM

mod mod mod
so im 13 yrs old and really skinny without any curves or anything like that. my chest is small and so is my stomach and butt. im like average, or a bit above average height. so what bathing suits/cover ups would be good for me for when i go to the caribbean for a cruise at the end of the month?? thanks!!! o ya and also what color?? i have not super dark brown hair, but dark from hair thats average length for a girl (a little bit below shoulder length) and dark brown eyes and my skin light (not pale), but since it is summer i have a slight tan... thanks Smile

Hey girl, one pieces are totally in right now. Go for a retro piece and just have fun with it in terms of color. I'd say with your dark features, warm colors might work best!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by oceanlover69 on 6/8/2011 12:33:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD mod
I read in the summer 2011 issue that if you put lemon juice in your hair, it sort of streaks it in the sunlight. I was wondering if that had any bad effects on your hair. Also, I CANNOT clean my room even though I can't do so many things if its not clean! Its really bad and I can't get motivated! Please help! Thank you!

Hey girl, lemon is an acid so it kind of bleaches your hair. This works well if you're a blonde, but if you're a brunette, it might end up looking orangey. Be careful. As for your room, make yourself clean it completely one day and then work on maintaining it each morning during the week. It's important not to get discouraged and take it one step at a time.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by bubbles68 on 6/8/2011 12:27:21 AM

I am not big in the chest, and a little tall and thin compared to others in my class. Some of my friends say I am lucky but I dont think so. I wish I had bigger boobs and more curves. But its so amazing how our bodies all look different, some of us are short, tall, thin, curvy and all the other types. Boobs are the same way, some are small like mine and then there are all the other types.

by luckykel on 6/7/2011 10:59:23 PM

im ruler for sure... how do i gain weight? i've been wantin to for a while because im underweight for my height... and also i thought the most common was being a little overweight? or it seems that way in my town.. thanks!

Hey girl, overweight is more common, but I'd talk to your doctor before you do anything. Chances are your bod is fine. If he thinks you need to gain more weight, he'll give you a specialized diet to do it with. xoxo
Alyssa B.

by awesomeful on 6/7/2011 10:48:47 PM

Ok so I measured myself and I don't think I did it right.
But if I did get it right can you tell me which body shape I am.
Waist-28''
Bust-32''
Shoudler-15"
Thigh-13'' to 14'' each
Butt-32''
Hips ''31
It sound like it to me that I'm a ruler, trust me I don't look like one
Thanks please answer

Hey girlie--I don't know them off the bat, but if you Google "Body Types", you can find out Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by borninjune on 6/7/2011 8:54:28 PM

I'm curvy Tong so what kind of clothes are best for me?? Answer on my profile if you know please!! Laughing

by allyson1124 on 6/7/2011 7:53:58 PM

i love my body soooo much!! i'm a mix of ruler and an hourglass! basically like Taylor Swift!

by fallsb-ball on 6/7/2011 6:37:21 PM

im a pear, ruler, hourglass and petite Frown

by LoveHappens on 6/7/2011 4:46:22 PM

Thanks for posting this! I order the GL mag and I could never figure out what I was!

by juicyglitt27 on 6/7/2011 4:43:07 PM

MOD
Okay, so by this here, i am basically petite, sporty, and hourglass. how am i supposed to follow your guidlines if I am so many conflicting things? (sorry if i sound angry, i'm not, just really confused)

Hey girl,

I totally understand how you could be confused. The truth is, everybody's body is different and can fall under a few different "types".  What's important is picking and choosing what clothes you like best and making them work for your body! x0x0

Casey L. Casey L.

by tessi13 on 6/7/2011 3:04:37 PM

ugh. im an apple/ruler. i hate it. Frown

by weare234 on 6/7/2011 9:22:08 AM

On 2nd thought! I am petite, sporty, and curvy! (Idk if my 1st comment posted, lol)

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 6/7/2011 1:54:11 AM

Ok according to this I'm petite and a ruler

by caitlingirl1997 on 6/6/2011 11:41:17 PM

thanks GL for posting this!I really have trouble with figuring out my body type sometimes!

by rainbowsparkle98 on 6/6/2011 9:58:19 PM

Hey girl,

I've already answered your question, so try going back to the other places you posted it and check! Smile

by scooby239 on 6/6/2011 8:47:41 PM

I've always been petite(: Haha!
So, since i am petite what kinds of summer outfits and swimsuits would be ahh-mazing for me in Hawaii?? Especially since it will be HOTT! Thanks MOD!

Hey chica,

Since you're petite, you can pull off a lot of different styles! Stay away from maxi dresses and too much fabric, but go for flirty tees in tropical colors (coral, teal, seafoam green, banana yellow) with white or grey shorts. Flip flops are gonna be key for the hot temperatures and the beach atmosphere! Swimsuits are whatever you feel more comfy in. Tankinis are nice because they can go from beach to street really easily (just add shorts), but bikinis and one pieces are fun too.

by goldfish123 on 6/6/2011 8:38:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
K so I have medium hips and medium boobs and medium butt so i'm just basically medium..... sooo what would i be???
Thanx!

Hey girl,

You're definitely not curvy or pearshaped then. I think it depends on your waist - if it goes in significantly, you're an hourglass. If not, you're probably a ruler Smile

by qtpie42 on 6/6/2011 8:34:04 PM

MOD
I'm larger than most girls with about equal shoulder and hips and a big butt and semi big boobs. My waist goes in a tiny bit, and my friends have said i have an hourglass figure, but also that I'm curvy, so which one am i Curvy or Hourglass?

Hey babe,

I think you could go for both! Probably more toward curvy since you said yourself you have a bigger butt and boobs, but the rules for dressing for each of these shapes would probably work for ya Smile

by gravationgirl on 6/6/2011 8:26:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I don't know what I am! I just measured myself and my shoulders are ..., my bust is about ..., my waist is about ..., and my hips are .... I have a big muffin top. What would I be?

Hey girlie,

I think you're an hourglass shape mixed a little with the curvy shape Smile

by scooby239 on 6/6/2011 8:24:22 PM

for me, its probably sport(apple shaped) because i have broad shoulders, and long legs, or hourglass;)

by fashionista37 on 6/6/2011 8:07:09 PM

Mod! Hi! so lately, i havent felt like eating. Im just nvr hungry. I barely eat. I asked my mom and she said it was because my stomach shunk after i was sick...but its been a week! i get nausous looking at food, what do u think is wrong?

Hey babe,

That could definitely be the case! And since you were sick, you haven't been as active as you were before - meaning you haven't been walking, running, or anything else to work up your metabolism. Just try to get moving somehow to work up an appetite again! Walk around the block, ride your bike, play a game of basketball with your besties. And you might have to force yourself to eat some food (healthy ones - bananas, carrots, broccoli, a sandwich, yogurt, etc.) to make sure you get the vitamins and nutrients you need, but don't ever overeat. Listen to your body's cues and I'm sure you'll get back to normal soon!

by soccerlova1 on 6/6/2011 7:35:45 PM

im a ruler

by oceanlover69 on 6/6/2011 7:33:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I still don't really understand. Haha. My boobs are small, but my bum is kind of big. And I have a waist that goes in. I'm also kind of short. Does that mean I'm petite and a pear? Or curvy? Or an hourglass? Thanks! Smile

Hey babe,

To have an hourglass shape (and also to be "curvy"), your boobs and hips/butt are both normally on the larger side. Since you said your boobs are small but your butt is bigger, I think I would put ya in the pear category!

by elkhorngirl97 on 6/6/2011 7:28:33 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
i'm not quite sure which i am, can i be more than one? i can't tell which i am most like!! can you help?? i'm ...i am pretty toned all over ( stomach, legs, butt, etc.) i have a pretty small waist with bigger hips and boobs (comparatively)but not my butt. i'm not sure what i am, maybe hourglass or curvy? i love your articles about bathing suits and body shapes but i can never tell which is best for me!

Hey girlie,

Yep, I'd definitely go with the hourglass figure for you! The fact that you have bigger boobs and hips but a small waist is a perf description of the hourglass shape. Since your butt is a little smaller, that probably takes you out of the curvy category, but you could always try clothing advice for curvy shapes as well and see how it works on your bod! Smile

by pce_lurve_kraken on 6/6/2011 7:16:57 PM

MODMODMOD
I wanna find my shape but my shoulders are 5 inches bigger than my bust, which measurement do I use? Thanks!

Hey girl,

For your bust measurement, you should stretch the measuring tape around the largest part of your boobs. You can usually just "eye ball" these measurements though - if you have shoulders on the larger side, you're probably more a sporty shape!

by Love.hannah on 6/6/2011 7:10:01 PM

Most people think they're hourglass but they're really not. You have to have some kinda hip to waist ratio. So hourglass shapes are pretty rare.

I have no idea what I am. I think I'm petite curvy but my stomach is kinda big. And my shoulders are kinda muscular.

by NJessicaN on 6/6/2011 6:56:26 PM

i am hourglass lol

by sunshine96 on 6/6/2011 6:44:53 PM

hey gurls, if you love the clique series, you should join my club The Pretty Committee <3. I hope to see you join soon.

by littlemissy226 on 6/6/2011 6:43:48 PM

I could be considered curvy or hourglass but i LOVE it!!My thighs might not be my best feature but still,I've learned to <3 my curviness Laughing

by baconlvr711 on 6/6/2011 6:41:31 PM

im a petite hourglasss and i love my body!

by icecreamsandwich13 on 6/6/2011 6:38:26 PM

I am a banana or if i wear tight things a little hourglass. My body is boring...I don't like it.

by topchef88 on 6/6/2011 6:24:54 PM

thank you thank you thank you! i could never tell what body type i was! i'm a petite hourglass Smile

by puppylover1152 on 6/6/2011 6:18:01 PM

Hey girlie if you need any advice check out my advice page littlemissy226 or my profile. If you have a love for horses you can check out my club Horse Luvers. Thanks Chicas!

by littlemissy226 on 6/6/2011 6:15:57 PM

im an hourglass and i love my bodyLaughing

by athena1006 on 6/6/2011 6:11:06 PM

Im a petite banana.

by littlemissy226 on 6/6/2011 5:48:36 PM

im pretty sure imma pear. Smile which i don't mind. it don't sound too bad!!!!!!!!! haha

by the new me :) on 6/6/2011 5:47:17 PM

i have an hourglass figure but with big boobs Smile tehe

by greekprincess98 on 6/6/2011 5:33:01 PM

MODMODMODMOD
Hey! What body type would u call a girl with chest and bum are like the same size (but not that big but not boyish) bigish thighs and a babyish belly (not fat or chubby but NOT skinny)? Plus i'm like 5"9 and only 13!

Hey chica,

You might not fall into this category exactly, but if you had to choose I think you would probably wanna follow the dressing guidelines for a boyish/banana shape. This is because you would want to try to create curves with your clothes to break up your chest from your waist from your bum, just like a "ruler" body type would! Smile

by caramelcutie3233 on 6/6/2011 5:17:29 PM

omg thanks so much, I saw the latest issue for gl and for the bathing suits, I could not figure out what body shape I was

by Gingergurf123 on 6/6/2011 5:16:21 PM

I think i'm a sporty apple... my shoulders are HUGE from swimming

by krazy198 on 6/6/2011 5:05:42 PM

Thanks, GL! I was always confused. but you guys definitely helped me figure it out.

by peacelovegoogle on 6/6/2011 4:55:07 PM

MODMODMOD 3 days ago, i was at swim practice, and we were doing this activity that i have never done before and i messed up and did a belly flop. After that everybody was laughing and giggling at me, and i felt like a fool. Some of my friends found out, and they kept laughing and saying how i messed up. What should i do to move on because i can't.

Hey girly,
The best thing you can do is try to forget about it. Try watching a movie or dancing around with friends. If people mention it, laugh about it. This will make them stop talking to you about it.

Catie C.

by sammy4457 on 6/6/2011 4:44:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD HELLLP!!!
ok so 2day in science, this guy and me were teasing each other. we always do it and i always try to keep it light, but sometimes he will go a little 2 far, but then i'll just 4get about it & ignore him. anyways, 2day he took it way 2 far and he started saying how i was the ugliest person in the world and that no one would like me because i was so ugly. i was so hurt and so mad, that i flipped him off. i immediately felt really really bad, because i am not the kind of person who does that. it was just in the heat of the moment, i got mad. when i got home, i eventually told my mom. she didn't really care (i was surprised) and just told me never 2 do it again. but now i'm really scared that i'll get detention or he'll tell other people & ruin my rep. what do i do???
MDO MOD MDO MOD MDO MOD MOD

Hey girlie,

You do have to be careful with stuff like this because one thing CAN sometimes stick in people's minds forever, but I don't think this'll do it. Especially since you two are known for teasing each other all the time - this isn't a new thing that might have surprised people. They probably just feel like it's part of your "thing" with each other. Personally, I'd probably take mom's advice and just let it go - but learn your lesson and remember never to let your emotions take control like that again Smile

by lootiegal on 6/6/2011 4:40:14 PM

im a curvy hourglass i think! haha Smile

by Maddyrox92 on 6/6/2011 4:26:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD by mesurements, do you mean straight across, around, or what?????

Hey girly,
It can be either depending on the measurement type. Ask your mom or a sib for help.

Catie C.

by krazy198 on 6/6/2011 4:25:48 PM

I think I am a sporty but curvy gal! I may be wrong, but I am saying I am curvy cause I got a bum! Lol!

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 6/6/2011 4:20:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD i'm a sporty body type/ruler body type (but i've got a bit of a tummy) so what clothes would suit me? and is a sporty body type the same as an athletic body type?

Hey girly,
Yes, these two body types are the same. Check out the advice on how to dress an athletic body for tips.

Catie C.

by Dancing Queen 14 on 6/6/2011 3:24:25 PM

MOd MOD MOD!!!!I have scar marks from pimples on my back,how can I get rid of theM?????

Hey girly,

There are tons of creams that help get rid of scars. Go to your local CVS or drugstore and see what's there.
Good Luck!

Catie C.

by Bree97 on 6/6/2011 3:22:46 PM

Thanks for doing this... I was always a little confused in the magazines but this def helps!

by rafidoggie on 6/6/2011 3:11:16 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD Down-there I have, like, small pieces of what looks like lint from a bellybutton. It's really weird. Down-there never, like, itches or anything. Is this normal? What is this stuff? It's grossing me out.

Hey girly,
It probably is just coming from your clothes. No worries.

Catie C.

by LuvYaBunches on 6/6/2011 2:48:07 PM

*MODMOD* How can I make a small pimple go away in 24 hours? or at least less noticeable..? thankss!

Hey girly,

The best thing to do is to put some products on it that will help to make the pimple smaller. Try benzyl peroxide, or ask your mom if she has something like that.

Catie C.

by tennis1997 on 6/6/2011 1:18:25 PM

thanks this helped alot Smile

by cottoncandy_xoxo on 6/6/2011 1:10:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD!

If you have big hips,a big lower stomach,large breasts,and are a bit chubby,what body type is that?

by MadMaddie911 on 6/6/2011 12:26:26 PM