3 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

4 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

5 HOURS AGO 5 fab beauty uses for tea tree oil: http://t.co/IFbME5OIxt

COMMENTS

5 rules for a fab room

Wanna take your room from blah to brilliant? Read on, babe!

hey, so my room is very hard to work with. It's on the 2nd floor so one of my walls is just i giant slope where the roof is. i only have one normal wall but its taken up by my giant annoying bunk bed. (i dont need the bunk bed, i want a normal bed.) I REALLY with my room was an actual square but that would mean altering the roof. i cant do anything with my room and it really small. any ideas???

Hey girlie,

You can't do anything about the shape of your room, but you can totally work with it to make it seem bigger! First off, try asking mom or dad about that bunk bed. Tell them it's worked really well up until now but you'd love to do something a little different since you don't actually need the bunk bed anymore. Ask them if they can disassemble it so the top is off or, if possible, look into getting another bed. (That's kinda pricey though, so try to understand if they say no.) Then try moving it around a little to see what gives you the most space! Dress up the room with a rug, new paint, posters or photos on the walls. A strand of twinkle lights could give the room a more romantic glow. You might be kinda stuck since you can't do a LOT to improve the room, but you can totally make it feel more like home with some personal touches! <3
Lauren C.

by starrywolf on 1/21/2012 10:10:22 PM

hey girlies!!! CHECK OUT MY CLUBS OF ART, ALL BOUT YA, AND MY SUSMITA24 BOUT SKOOL STUDIES HOBBIES, ETC!!!! pplz joinnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>Frown >Frown >Frown >Frown >Frown >Frown >Frown

by Susmita24 on 1/19/2012 6:25:58 PM

MOD!
I'm moving into a new home with ugly beige walls. I love bright vibrant and pastel and animal print and pink but my mom won't let me paint! PLUS!!! I have BROWN furniture and I want white and my mom like hates all my DIY stuff because it doesn't have the right room look. Supposedly. She hates me fussing about my room! How can I make it cute?

Hey girlie,

First off, try pushing for a new paint color. Your parents obviously have a lot on their plate right now - moving into a new home is a BIG task! But a new coat of paint in a normal-but-bright color could really make an improvement. Try going with them to Home Depot (or another home store) and looking at paint chips. Don't pick anything crazy, like neon yellow or dark green, which will scare them - a vibrant ocean blue or light dusty pink would be best. You can show them your plan and honestly tell them that this is what you really want. Be mature and calm about telling them what it means to you, how it will improve your room, how much you'll appreciate it, etc. You gotta pick your battles - and the paint is a great one to fight. That way, your brown furniture will seem less drab against a bright and happy wall! Once it's painted, you can use your allowance/savings to check out garage sales - you could find fun lamps/candlesticks/frames that, with a coat of spray paint, could be totally refreshed! But the key thing here is to respect mom's wishes and let her know you totally understand where she's coming from. (She'll like that.) Be on her side and ask her to compromise - you won't bother her about the furniture any more if you could only paint your walls! That way, she might reconsider Smile
Lauren C.

by izzytheswiftie on 12/4/2011 4:54:44 AM

modmodmod
my room is so tiny and i have huge furniture and a full size bed which makes it really tightly packed. i only have enough space to walk without bumping into stuff. how can i have a cute room with barely any space???

Hey girl,

You could create more space by asking your parents to help you put shelves on your walls or in your closet. You can also decorate with posters or a rug - those things don't require extra room.

Meghan D.

by funnybunny24 on 8/15/2011 11:41:44 AM

hi my mom does like me to paint my bedroom and i just got rid of alot of m old baby stuff and i want a fabulous chic cool girl room and my favorite colors are blue,zebra, and silver......... do u hav any ideas of how i can change my boring room into a fabulous hang out????
*i also like paris,fance*

by fashionistastar7 on 8/4/2011 11:26:32 AM

i'm doing a vintage fleur de lis pink theme but my walls are purple from when i was litle. what color would look good if i paint the walls again?

Hey girl,

A light yellow, periwinkle, or light blue are all really pretty. x0x0
Casey L.

by fern09 on 8/2/2011 1:22:49 PM

This is really helpful! thnx GL!

by girlyschoolchik on 8/1/2011 3:49:13 PM

Redoing most of my room. I decided I should keep my old wall color (blue) and made my room theme around that (pink, blue, and green!!) this way we wouldn't have to spend more money on paint and on time!

by ShineShiara on 8/1/2011 12:51:14 AM

i've been thinking about re-doing my room but i dont know what color? also, these tips really arent that helpful =/

by filaluvva on 7/22/2011 7:02:14 PM

MOD! I share a bedroom with my sister Frown So whenever I mention "change up our room" my sister wants nop part of it and likes it the way it is. She never cleans up her laundry and leaves her bed a mess. We can never agree on the same wall color. Have any advice?

Hey chica. Rather than telling your sister that you want to redo your bathroom in general, give her a specific way that you think could brighten up the room. For example, tell her exactly what color you would want to paint it or what new designs would look great in there. Just make sure to stay calm and don't yell cause after all she is your sister!

kara g.