AN HOUR AGO 5 fitness bloggers to follow...starting now: http://t.co/PyszNZ9bRk

2 HOURS AGO How to stay healthy during Labor Day cookouts: http://t.co/BZBTuZU2FW

2 HOURS AGO Your first assignment? #DIY adorbs school supplies with @theduckbrand: http://t.co/53XoMkPIgK

COMMENTS

5 classic pool party games

Cannonball! Pool parties are the best, dontcha think?

I like to play stars. One person is on one side of the pool and the others are on the opposite. The lone person calls out the initials of a movie. You get 3 hints, and the first one to get a guess yells " stars!" and swims to the other side. If they are right, they are the next person to call out a movie. Wrong, they swim back and the round continues.

by hamsterluvin on 7/8/2012 5:46:38 PM

I love to have weird jump contests in my pool. Everyone takes a turn doing a crazy jump off the
diving board. One person is a judge and they pick a winner! The winner either gets a prize or gets to be the judge next time. Laughing Have fun!

by turnonthemusic1 on 7/8/2012 2:29:18 PM

ohhhh oooopppsss, i didn't read the whole article. They explained exactly what I explained in my last comment....hmmm
Gosh darn I am sooo blonde....

by ImaCuteGeek72 on 7/6/2012 6:04:24 PM

Lol! Livver I saw that too.....
@Purplgurl I luvv playing colors only me and my friends call it "Categories" We play it the same way you do only we do things like songs, or animals, or foods, and such things haha...
hmmmm im so bored

by ImaCuteGeek72 on 7/6/2012 6:01:51 PM

I went to a pool party not long ago and we played "And the Category Is.." for almost three hours!! It was so much fun! 😃

by jannabanana15 on 7/6/2012 1:47:35 AM

my pool is really big! idk if we're gonna be able to do whirlpool

by loppyears12 on 7/6/2012 12:35:59 AM

Haha "Each person get's on their partner's soldiers"

by sunshinestar106 on 5/24/2012 7:00:41 PM

When I lived in England the game was called Bulldog and was almost the same as the category is... !

by RaceTiger7 on 7/26/2011 9:04:25 AM

whirlpool sounds really fun

by girlslifeluver on 6/30/2011 11:56:06 PM

I have a friend who is home schooled and I want to invite her to my birthday party. The only problem is that my other friends who I want to invite don't know her. I don't want to hurt her feelings by not inviting her, but I also don't want her to feel uncomfortable at my party.
Thanks!

Invite her, introduce her to your friends and make sure everyone keeps her involved and feeling welcome Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by bookeater20 on 6/21/2011 7:29:30 PM

This guy that goes to my country club is super cute!I think he likes me.Every time I go to the pool and he is there we hang out for hours!But he asked out my BFF but she never gave him an answer.Is it possible that he could be falling for me?

Helen S.

by LizzieBrogden13 on 6/17/2011 6:50:42 PM

I can't swim!!! Frown but my friend is teaching me this summer. When she told me she would teach me, I was so excited, I bought a new swimsuit! haha

by thecupcakequeen on 6/13/2011 12:56:22 PM

I really need to learn to swim by next year. Is there anyway I could learn how to?

Swimming classes Smile

Brittany G.

Brittany G. Helen S.

by juicypeach09 on 6/10/2011 6:02:06 PM

MOD.
How do I make my eyes POP? Id like to draw attention to my eyes. They are brown? Id like to use as little makeup a possible. Thanks

Hey girl, I'd say mascara certainly helps! Try that and a light colored eyeshadow to highlight your pretty dark eyes!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by bebold. on 6/9/2011 10:59:29 PM

i love all these games. i did a whirlpool today<3

by michipie205 on 6/9/2011 8:37:50 PM

ohhh i love marco polo and whirlpool but the category one sounds really fun too!!!!

by fallsb-ball on 6/9/2011 8:09:04 PM

wow i am obsessed with the game categories. whirlpool is also really fun Smile

by oboeguardgirl on 6/9/2011 7:56:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I can't see my comments so I don't know if any mod's answered them?! what's going on?

Hey girl, I answered this question on Rhea's profile!
Lauren C.

by qtpie42 on 6/9/2011 6:48:12 PM

I love Categories! I was playing it with my cousins one time, and we thought of all these crazy colors like peach, fuschia, and indigo, like stuff that the "it" person couldn't guess. In the end, "it" just gave up because none of us were going to the other side.

by puppylover1152 on 6/9/2011 4:44:21 PM

Whirlpool and Categories sound fun! I always play Marco Polo or Sharks & Minnows with my cousins in their pool. Chicken sounds kinda dangerous...

by Alle93 on 6/9/2011 4:25:31 PM

Mod
How do i join a club?

Hey girl!

Once you are in the club section of our site and have found a club you'd like to join, click on the button that says "Be a Member!". x0x0
Casey L.

by haleyhay3 on 6/9/2011 3:43:00 PM

Hey girl,

I can only imagine how
tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely
important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor,
guidance counselor, teacher, etc. Please take a look at this site for some more advice:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx. x0x0

Casey L.

by j4zm09 on 6/9/2011 3:35:44 PM

Have u ever played colors? Its really fun. Every one except for the "it " person picks a color. .The "it" has to stand on the edge of the pool. The "it" has to call out colors while facing away from the pool, and if she calls the color someone picked, that person has to swim to the other side of the pool. If the it person hears them swimming away, they jump in the pool and try to tag the swimmer before they make it to the the other side.

by purplgurl on 6/9/2011 1:54:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
how do I delete my club??

Hey girl!

Before deleting it, see if another officer or member wants to take it over. If you really really want it deleted, e-mail brittany@girlslife.com, explain why you would like it to be deleted, and we'll do it. x0x0

Casey L.

by fungirl123 on 6/9/2011 1:46:34 PM

Thanks GL!
These are great games, I will play all of them in the pool this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by wuggliesnugglie on 6/9/2011 1:26:27 PM

"Each person gets on their partner’s soldiers"
i think you meant SHOULDERS???

by livver on 6/9/2011 12:29:36 PM

Thanks GL!

Here's another way how my friends and I play category:
I didn't know that there was another way to play category! We normally only play it with 3 people. What we do is 2 people are holding 1 person in their hands, that person is it. The person gets 3 tries to guess it right. Each time they get it wrong, we tip them backwards underwater. If they get it wrong the whole time, at the end of their turn we let our arms down and they drop underwater.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 6/9/2011 11:33:56 AM