1 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

2 HOURS AGO #DudesDecoded—What "going out" reallllly means: http://t.co/82lzQAmYHK

3 HOURS AGO Hey craft-inista! DIY your own coconut scrub: http://t.co/3U1lijdXGz

COMMENTS

Get rock-solid abs by July 4th

OMG! We’re psyched that Elisabeth Halfpapp, co-founder of Exhale Mind Body Spa shared this fab ab workout with us. Plus, she shares exactly why it’s...

What does she mean by 'pulses' and can you simplify the c curve for me.

Hey chica, a 'pulse' is just another word for 'repetition' so you know how many times to do a certain exercise.  To get a better idea of what the C-Curve looks like, have a friend check out the description and give it a try.  A visual will def help simplify this move.

Karin E.

by akaprincess on 12/19/2012 6:32:52 AM

MOD!!!
I am not sure how to do the "C-Curve" workout above. When I try it, it doesn't feel like I am working on my abs, but it is working out my calves. I tried getting on my toes and then pulsing up and down from there, but it didn't work. Is there any other way of explaining this so it makes more sense? Thanks!

by Bridgge2010 on 6/13/2012 9:15:56 PM

Mod
Will I see results faster if I do it five times a week?
And will this help slim down a pooch in my lower belly?
Thanks!(:

Hey girl!

This can definitely help slim down a lower belly pooch. The more you do an exercise the better the results will be. So if you're up to the challenge, why not do it five days a week. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by Graciegang on 6/11/2012 3:47:15 PM

thx, can't wait for my new abs!! Laughing

by live.laugh.guitr on 4/14/2012 3:10:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD I am actually really lazy and I eat a lot of junk food, but I lose weight. And I know its not only becuz of growing cuz Ive also had a lot of stress. And I never gain weight either. Is there something wrog with me?

Hey missy, nope you sound okay to me. I would suggest switching your meals up and eating healthy sometime, other than that you're good to go. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by MeLoveCupcake on 12/24/2011 7:06:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD i still cant do the bicycle move the right way when i do it my neck starts to hurt not my stomach ?? and the moves above i couldnt understand they dont really decribe them enough anyways i kep trying to do the bicycle crunch?? why does it hurt am i doing it right?

Hey girl.

If it hurts that much, then maybe you need to try something new!
Katelyn L.

by mozilla10 on 8/16/2011 3:25:24 PM

oh oppps never mind:/

by kitrina101 on 8/2/2011 8:46:44 PM

how in the world do you add pics to your profile???!!!!!!!

by kitrina101 on 8/2/2011 8:45:18 PM

I cant wait to finally get abs! i promise i will stick to it!

by guitarsrsweet55 on 7/29/2011 1:58:53 PM

Wow okay I am like really confused I wish they could have posted pics on how to do them or videos or something!!!

by Sharpie on 7/18/2011 3:18:27 PM

eeek, i hope these work! i am so glad i don't need to buy any work out equipment lolol. Smile
thanks GL!

by <3luvlife<3 on 7/14/2011 5:07:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Does anyone have any workouts that will help me for volleyball? I started this summer and i want to continue doing it during school time. But the thing is i dont have a lot of upper body strength and not a lot of muscles. Any advice? Thank you!

Hey girlie,

First, you're going to want to build up your stamina. Sprints and long-distance runs will be great for this! As for your arms, try these workouts on our site. They're our faves and we're sure you'll love 'em too!

Lauren C.

by nessar98 on 7/11/2011 6:22:52 PM

Oh goodness! Im so confused! I cant do this! These are really confusing instructions. I tried but.. kept getting confused.

by nessar98 on 7/11/2011 6:17:58 PM

i don't understand this!...

by muamua1j on 7/10/2011 2:38:35 PM

So glad these exercises dont include equiptment.Phew. Laughing

by kattlovesmusic on 6/29/2011 4:27:23 PM

Umm, I'm sorry to say this but... the instructions to these exercises are not very clear. They dont make much since.

by jackie005 on 6/24/2011 5:03:33 PM

MOD,MOD,MOD Smile I'm trying to train for cross country and I need some really good workouts that I can do in my room without thumping and jumping. I have to do them in my room because it is rainy all season where I live. Also any cheap healthy eating tips? Thank you so muuucch! This means the world to me Smile

Hey girly,
You could start with lots of strength stuff like sit ups and leg stretches, but there really isn't much cardio that you can do without making some noise. Try looking for another space to workout or be prepared to thump. As for eating tips, you really can't go wrong with eating fruit or checking out your grocery store for some low cal stuff.

Catie C.

by GLS004 on 6/22/2011 3:12:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I am just starting the working out stuff (like your exercises in the back of your magazine), and I don't have weights. Any ideas what I could use otherwise, without having to buy stuff?

Hey girl, you could always use household items such as bottles of water for now. Once you get more used to the exercises and integrate them into your daily routine, individual weights (2-pound dumbbells, for example) may not be a bad investment -- you only need two to go!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by nat2656 on 6/21/2011 8:03:46 PM

Mod mod mod!
I am saving up for a bikini this summer, and also trying to tone up a litt. I'm not fat, but also not super skinny. I could use some tips for being confident! Also, what are some great simple tone up exercises? Thanks!

Hey babe,

I completely understand where you're coming from! The best thing to do is eat healthy, exercise, and choose a bikini that makes you feel totally YOU when you wear it. None of us are ever going to be the skinniest one at the beach/pool, but it won't matter if you stand up straight (shoulders back, just like your parents probably always told you!) and hold your head high. Remind yourself of your great qualities (your good grades, creativity, friends, skill in basketball, whatever it may be!) and approach the beach/pool like you own it Smile As for toning up for bikini season, check out these articles!

Lauren C.

by eco_chica on 6/20/2011 10:45:12 PM

Mod!
Do you recommend any good workout instructors on YouTube? It would help for me because I'm a visual learner. Thanks! Smile

Hey girlie,

I've actually never looked on Youtube for fitness help. My advice would be what I do though - go to the library and find workout DVDs that you can rent! They're really useful, especially if you're a visual learner Smile
Lauren C.

by kelaboo on 6/20/2011 7:51:18 PM

can you post videos?

by crazy4softball1 on 6/20/2011 5:25:55 PM

@MaryM: Yea, I'm more of a visual learner too! I always have a hard time understanding what the explaining.

Pictures please!

by VanillaChanel on 6/18/2011 2:21:38 AM

I'm kinda confused about these exercises... they seem good, but I am such a visual learner. Anyway they could show example pictures?

by MaryM on 6/16/2011 3:30:05 PM

mod mod mod,
i have a friend who is obsessed with being skinny.
She always saying how she looks fat and isn't thin enough.
I try to tell her she is not fat and when your growing its normal to gain weight but she doesn't listen. I'm worried she might have an eating disorder because i know how dangerous that can be. What should I do or say? I dont want to offend her by saying the wrong thing but i care about her too.
Thanks

Hey girl, I'd just keep an eye on her eating habits. Hint she's been like that to her parents if you notice she has been skipping meals or not eating. Let her actions speak louder than her words.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lovelylil on 6/14/2011 11:29:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I'm trying to get flexible before i go to middle school!!!!!
What should I do!?!?!

Stretch daily

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by iloveart213 on 6/14/2011 8:58:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok, im looking for sweet 16 dresses and i found out i have 34 inch hips, 35 inch bust, and 30 inch waist... is that really weird? I can see my collarbone, hips and ribs but i have some tummy fat...Frown
o and what are some good belly fat busting exercises? (i have 8 months until my birthday and i want to loose a few inches.)

Hey girl!

No body type is "really weird," because everyone is different. Some great belly exercises are crunches and the ones seen here: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/11/04/five-moves-for-flat-abs.aspx. Just remember to stay healthy and don't over-do it with the exercising! Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by bookworm624 on 6/14/2011 1:49:14 PM

Pictures of the workouts or short videos could help...its kinda confusing....any1 agree?

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 6/13/2011 11:25:58 PM

mod mod mod i want to go out for my schools water polo team next season, what are some good workouts, i have a pool so i can do a lot of water exercises i just dont know any please help

Hey girlie,

You're gonna wanna focus on two things: cardio and upper-body training. For the latter, you'll probably wanna start weight-training and doing push-ups to strengthen your arm muscles. Water polo is super demanding that way! As for cardio, do whatever will keep you interested so you do it every day. Swimming laps, rigorous bike riding, jogging, and kickboxing are all great ways to do that!
Lauren C.

by fresh princess on 6/13/2011 8:15:28 PM

o-O I'll try them out! Maybe, I'll start doing yoga too! Thanks for getting me hooked!~JellybeanxD P.S-The Lovebirds of America is my club where anybody can join!!!! You can be any religion, any size, any shape, anyone! Even someone who lives in China can join! I give people advice and we can talk about random things!!!! Please join! I want 50 members by Christmas! Thanks!!!! First people to join get positions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile!

by jellybeanxD on 6/11/2011 5:26:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I need help!!!!I have a final in science and I only have today and tomorrow to study. I used to keep all my sheets from this year but i cant find all of them, I looked everywhere. I looked at the "Ace your exams!" article on GL, but it didnt hurt and its the weekend so it's not like I can just ask my teacher today. What do I do? How do I fit it all into my brain in 2 days???? I am freaking out!!!!

hey girl,

i see that you're freaking out since you've posted it everywhere! but don't freak out--try to borrow notes from friends or arrange a study group.  if you can't, skim through chapters and make sure you understand vocab/highlighted words!
Ruth S.

by nerdyprincessxo on 6/11/2011 3:53:28 PM

*MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD* hey i would really like to try these but I don't understand the exercises. So can you try to put up a video or pics of somebody doing them for us Thanks a lot.

hey girlie,

sorry about that! i would suggest going on Google and looking up some of those moves.  There are def tons of exercise videos online...and you can also find tons of images too.  Good luck girlie!
Ruth S.

by popcorn7732 on 6/11/2011 3:32:12 PM

this is seriously confusing! :/

by allyack_12 on 6/11/2011 3:05:22 PM

I never understand GL's workouts. They always sound interesting but I can never figure them out, y'all should make videos of them or picture instructions or something.

by *musicloverr* on 6/11/2011 2:01:46 PM

HEY GIRLS!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION, NEED SOME ADVICE, OR JUST NEED ANOTHER GIRL YOUR AGE TO TALK TO???? WELL I'M YOUR GIRL!!! I GIVE ADVICE ON ANYTHING TO ANYBODY WIT NO JUDGEMENT! I LOVE GIVING ADVICE AND I'LL GET BACK TO YOU RIGHT AWAY!!! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MANY QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS THA ARE TOO WEIRD, STUPID, OR PERSONAL, OR A QUESTION THAT I CAN'T ANSWER!
WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? LEAVE YOUR QUESTION ON MY PROFILE, ADVICE QUEEN PAGE OR MY ADVICE/TIPS CLUB (DEAR PINKY)
CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!! Smile
THANKS

-PINKYPI26

by pinkypi26 on 6/11/2011 1:13:22 PM

This is really confusing...GL should explain it a bit more :/ I'd love to try these..if I could understand them...GL should put up examples or something that we can watch and learn from, that would help a TON!

by Anney246 on 6/11/2011 1:08:45 PM

liz is in my exhale dvd ;)

by janerbuy on 6/10/2011 9:03:31 PM

i dont understand it!!!!1!

by pinkhearts143 on 6/10/2011 8:45:37 PM

I agree with everyone.

by Freakout911 on 6/10/2011 7:28:59 PM

MODMODMOD!! I want a flat stomach. If every morning i do ten crunches, bicycle crunches, and side crunches plus repeat before i go to bed will i get results? how fast?

Hey girlie, it all depends on a variety of factors.

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by dakotadog on 6/10/2011 6:07:35 PM

I don't get any of these!!!

by PixieQueen on 6/10/2011 6:06:54 PM

MOD MOD!!
Is it possible to make videos of these workout?? It's just that it's hard to understand when it's in description!

hey! that's up to the web designers, so you should suggest that under the "questions" link Smile
Helen S.

by fungirl123 on 6/10/2011 4:50:53 PM

i dont understand either!!!

by NatxSch on 6/10/2011 4:29:26 PM

i dont get how to do it!!!!!!  Jess W.

by greekprincess98 on 6/10/2011 2:58:48 PM

I agree that there should be videos on how to do these workouts. I want to get the most out of my workouts this summer.

by fccallamonkey on 6/10/2011 1:46:49 PM

you should make videos showing how to do it. I need harder abs but I don't at all understand how to do these by the description.

by scooby239 on 6/10/2011 12:51:52 PM