1 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

2 HOURS AGO Our makeup musts we always have going BTS: http://t.co/WE5hijGzT8

4 HOURS AGO Learn these beginner poses and become the next pro at yoga! http://t.co/FRwmboprw5

COMMENTS

Demystifying skin types

Oily, dry or combo—do you know what type of skin you have? Find out now!

I have combination skin and was wondering if there is a combination skin facial moisturizer with SPF that is reasonably priced. If not, then do I put a facial moisturizer and sunscreen over it? Also, can you specificly name a combination skin lotion and cleanser that is effecient? Btw, do combination skin lotions turn your skin into a normal skin type and gets rid of those dot things on your face? Thanks!!! Sorry to take up your time

Hey babe,

Honestly, a combination specific product does nothing for your skin in the long run.  Only clinical options tend to do that.

Combination is normal skin, by the way, chica.  Combination is the middle-ground between dry and oily skin.  There's variations, some combination skin is essentially fine all around being taken care of properly, but some has dry or oily areas around places like the T-zone. So, what I'm trying to get across is that you can get away with using most products.

I will point out that you most likely want a gentle cleanser, something along the lines of Philosophy's Purity (the fancier) or Cetaphil's gentle cleanser (the cheaper).

The dots are blackheads.  Blackheads unfortunately never fully go away.  You can buy strips to deal with them, but those are only temporary and they'll come back within a few days.  Blackheads are just essentially dirty pores.
Jordan S. Jordan S.

by azuki on 5/23/2013 10:43:21 PM

Hey I have really shiny skin and my pores show and my neutrogena face wash isn't working....... Do you recommend a facewash/scrub that works? Even something from my kitchen???? Please respond!

by Pinkguitarperson on 7/6/2012 12:07:15 AM

MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!!
I AM CONFUSED ABOUT MY SKIN TYPE:
Well whenever I have a zit I use Shaving Cream For woman
And it always goes away!
Is it OK to use shaving cream on your face
and is shaving cream some type of face cleaner?

Hey girly,

While shaving cream does dry out zits, it can also dry out your skin so much that it produces more oil and actually gives you more zits, so I don't suggest using it. Try using a solution with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. x0x0
Casey L.

by selenagomezitup on 7/20/2011 1:31:54 PM

I have acne on my chest and shoulders. Plus i have a bad habit of poping and picking.

by flacucha25 on 7/18/2011 3:04:02 PM

MOD:MOD i have red dots under my arm! Its not a razr burn wht else could it be?

It may be a rash--try talking to your parent or doctor to be sure

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by juliajellybeans on 7/12/2011 6:00:12 PM

MOD MOD Hi Smile Okay so i have acne its not that bad but i would like to have nice clear skin. I use Dove soap sensitive skin bar soap to wash my face befor bed and then i use Aveeno face mosturizer. My face is not clearing up! I know its a part of being a teen. My mom said that the Dove soap is the best thing to use on my face. I read that you aren't supposed to use soap on your face is that true? Is Dove soap what i should be using? Or should i try like a face wash? If so what kind do you recomend i have more oily skin i think but i'm not for sure. Oh and should i keep using the mosturizer? Sorry its so long and sorry for so many questions! Thanks so much! Smile Smile

Hey girl. There are differing opinions on what should be used on your face. This is what I personally use: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P55427&categoryId=S15135&shouldPaginate=true. I would see a derm though!

mary h.

by luvpink11 on 7/12/2011 1:56:32 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Ok, I have a bunch of long hair on my arms. It's not dark though, it is light blonde, but it still makes me uncomfortable because it is so long. I don't want to shave it, and was wondering what kind of alternatives to shaving there might be? Thanks!

Hey girl. Shaving your arms can lead to serious stuble. Here are some ideas for non-shaving methods: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/09/how-do-i-get-rid-of-arm-hair.aspx

mary h.

by RaMay442 on 7/5/2011 2:37:58 AM

MOD!
please help! i have a lot of black heads on my nose. if i keep popping them & clearing them out & then use a facial that shrinks pores should that help them go away? thanks (:

Use a cleanser with salicylic acid Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by purpleoctupus on 7/1/2011 9:27:38 PM

so i have both oily and dry skin and i've gone through so many diffrent moisturizers that never seemed to treat both until i found aveeno ultra calming moistrizer! it works mircales

by lucy123 on 7/1/2011 9:19:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD Okay ,, so i don't really break out on my face (guessing bc i wash it) but lately i've been breaking out on my chest and back. I just started using stuff for it and it seems to be helping , but because summer is here i want it to go away ASAP. Is there any cheap stuff that i can buy for my chest and back acne ?

Hey girly,
The best thing that you can do is get an acne cleanser and keep using it. Zits can't be gotten rid of immediately, but they can be made smaller and prevented. Talk to a doctor if you have any more questions.

Catie C.