11 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

12 HOURS AGO A clean closet = a happy closet. A happy closet = tons of awesome outfits. Here's your plan: http://t.co/hwsRJ4DMlC

13 HOURS AGO Fashionable nails that – wait a minute—yep, have to do with school: http://t.co/OpeFgHDtgG

COMMENTS

Win big! Plus 5 quick tips from teen entrepreneurs

Wanna start your own big-bucks business? We chatted up teen biz-whizzes to get the scoop on their success.

Hey crazygal29, try having a yard sale, selling old clothes and shoes to a thrif store, and selling candy, juice and school supplies at school. Ask family and friends for money too. See if you can work something out with the program so that you only pay what you can. Let them know you can't afford the total cost of the trip. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I need to make $800.00 by summer for a trip to Washington for this program that invited me. Im too young to babysit and i only get 2.00for chores and 4.00 if i do them well how can i make money fast? Lynae P.

by crazygal29 on 1/21/2012 7:03:28 PM

MOD! I am part of a venturing crew which is co-ed boy scouts.... My problem is that i need to raise over $200 to go on the Summer activity to maryland..... My prob. NONE of our fund raisers are working...... we had a 2 tee-shirt sales,a yards sale, and a chicken dinner sale, we made a total of $80 dollars on all of them.... which must be divided between 4 others..... I need a way to raise moneybecause if i can't I'll loose my phone for a year (my phone is the only way i can talk to my old friends in other states) PLEAZE HELP!

Check out this link for hundreds of ideas for fundraisers: http://www.fundraising-ideas.org/DIY/ Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by Volleyball_grl2014 on 7/12/2011 7:13:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD My little sister is a hard worker and she knows SOOOOOOO much about plants and gardening, it's CRAZY!! She knows way more than me, and she's like an expert! So I am thinking of starting a gardening business with her in the neighbourhood (around the block). I think it's a good idea and she'll be a cute addition to the biz! So basically, I am all about the money and business and she's the expert, but I know she'll teach me what I need to know. What do you think?

Hey babe! That's sounds like a great plan! It's a great thing for you and your sister to do together! xoxo

Jess W.

by lemontwist213 on 7/7/2011 10:43:02 AM

I'm trying to earn money for a washington D.C. trip and i was wondering how i could earn money. Oh and i'm not allowed to babysit so any other ways to earn money??

What about tutoring or doing chores around the house?

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sapphire345 on 7/5/2011 5:16:35 PM

MODMODMOD!! My BFF and i are going shopping this weekend and I'm short on cash. Do you know any fast ways to make some money?

Hey girl,

Babysitting is a great way to make some money really quickly. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by moosempepper on 7/5/2011 12:58:11 PM

Mod!
.. I want to be an intern at GL but I don't know how to or when there will be positions available. I think I have all the right skills but what exactly would I be doing since I'm younger? Also could it possibly count as community service hours for the Student Leadership Team? If not I still would love to do it! (Could you please like block this or something so other readers don't see it?) Thanks! Smile
~LexilicousCandy

Hey girlie,

It absolutely could count towards those hours! When I was an intern, I knew some high school-aged girls who worked there certain days a week to fulfill job/service requirements at their school. Just check with your Student Leadership Team advisors to make sure. As for your job, the younger girls helped mod, do research, transcribe interviews, try out products, and even got to edit/write some articles! It's totally worth putting together a resume and sending it to us. We offer positions over the summer (from May-August) and also during the year (on a semester system usually, Sept-to-Dec and Jan/Feb-to-May). Go to our Intern at GL link (on the Questions? page) and give it a shot - good luck!! (Also, sorry for editing out the location/age thing...just for safety!)
Lauren C.

by LexilicousCandy on 6/27/2011 6:28:42 PM

hey reutmkel- I think that's a great idea! maybe you could take them to a craft fair or farmers' market and get a booth! at the 4th of July parade in our town, people walk up and down the streets and sell little things like jewelry and hair accessories for cheap. You could get a thin board and paint it, then put some nails in it to hang the bracelets! Then sell them for a low price and viola! Haha good luck! ;)

by thecupcakequeen on 6/20/2011 1:46:01 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod!!!! I wanted to go to drivers ed tonight, but I didn't want to go alone. So I asked my best friend to come, but she can't come until tomorrow. And it's 4 hours and 15 mins that I would be there without knowing anyone! Should I go or wait on my bff to go with me??

Hey babe. I didn't know anyone in my driver's ed class and I was totally fine. The worst part is walking in and after that its cake (your going to be taking notes and learning so there isn't much time to socialize).  If you are really uncomfortable listen to music on headphones before class starts. Knowing that you can do something on your own is a great confidence builder! Take a deep breath and dive in!

mary h.

by ~liv4dance~ on 6/20/2011 12:37:44 PM

MOD
I know how to make friendship braclets and i really enjoy doing it. i want to sell them but idk where or how to get started. another thing is that im in several sports and i dont always have time to make them. so i was wondering if u could give me some pointers about how to get this started for me. Thank you!! Smile

Hey girl! That sounds like a great idea! If you have the time or you already have the bracelets I would suggest going around to different stores with that kind of style and seeing if they will sell them. Or make your own stand outside of a grocery store or some other highly populated area, but check with the store managers first to make sure it's ok with them that you put your stand outside of it. Good luck!
Jess W.

by reutmkel on 6/20/2011 10:54:09 AM

Mod Mod Mod
I want to babysit really badly, but we live in a neighborhood and no children live in it! I haven't taken the babysitting course, but I do babysit my little sister (of course with no pay). My mom thinks handing out flyers is dangerous, since you never know who could get them. How else could I get a babysitting job, we don't know anyone who has little kids. No one.
Thank you very much!
XOXO
~Live Laugh Love~

Hey babe,

If you (and your friends, your parents, or your neighbors) don't know anyone with little kids, flyers really are the best way to get the word out. Why not create a new email address with mom just for this flyer? Then, on the flyer, only include this email address and your first name. Give mom the password to the email address so you can read any emails from interested parents together, so you don't run into any dangerous situations. Or you could check out a local daycare or church babysitting group to see if they need help. You might not get paid since you're younger and don't have as much experience as someone who does it as their full-time job, but you could get experience and meet adults with kids - that way, you'll have contacts you can use to babysit later Smile
Lauren C.